VCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Pet Groomer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VCA (Portsmouth, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Went great people are very nice and friendly. Just waiting on proper procedure to see if I got the job.Everyone there was very nice, I like the fact that I will work alone

Interview Questions

• Can I do standard breed cuts   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VCA (Irvine, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

One interview with lab supervisor. Asked about relevant work experience and given an overview of the company. Quick tour of lab. Called back within a week with job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for a slightly higher salary for my previous work experience, and was told management would not negotiate. I was assured that there would be opportunity to advance, however the company did not give any such opportunities to those who showed competency and worked longest in the company.

Lab Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VCA (Irvine, CA).

Interview

got an email to take a 1hr long questionnaire. then had a phone interview and they were going to have the onsite manager call me to set up an interview.
    never got a call. I emailed the recruiter back but then I took her over a week to respond back. poor communication

Interview Questions

• how would I handle an employee that's been having attendance issues   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at VCA (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Only interviewed with the department manager. It is not a hard interview in general. No technical questions involved with staff level. They gave response really fast within 2 days.

Certified Veterinary Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VCA (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Going over experience and skills. Comfort level in each departments. Willingness to train in areas not strong in. Knowledge of equipment. Conflict management. Case related questions. Long term and short term goals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanson, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VCA (Hanson, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online got phone call a few days later to come in for interview. Brief interview with minimal questions and a tour of the facility. Said they would call back to say if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous experience working with animals?   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VCA in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to come in for an interview about a week later. Waited about 45 minutes to be interviewed as there were many other candidates. Face-to-face interview was very easy with general questions and took about 10 minutes. Was told to come back the following day for a working interview that lasted 2 hours and mainly just shadowed the employees . Was told the office manager would call me but they never did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reseda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VCA (Reseda, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position. They called me a few days later to set up an interview. I went to the interview and was interviewed by two ladies. The interview took about 30 minutes. The overall experience was good, the staff are friendly and welcoming. This office is busy but does not seem to be stressful.

Interview Questions

• If I ever had any experience working with animals.   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at VCA in January 2010.

Interview

Interview was simple. Showing up in person to apply instead of just going online made a big difference (I assume)

Interview Questions

• Nothing to speak of. The only question I remember being asked was what I knew about the company, and not much was scrutinized as far as that goes.   Answer Question

...naïve?

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VCA (Lynnwood, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email to plan for a phone interview. Completed a phone interview and was asked for a in person one. Once that was done, you did a job shadow interview to make sure you liked the job. Took a week to be offered it, and the interviewing part was about a week as well.

Interview Questions

• Questions focused on how you work with others and how you did in a fast paced stressful environment.   Answer Question