VCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at VCA

2.2

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VCA (Fountain Valley, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview was like any other interview! Really straightforward. There were two people in the interview and they asked basic questions. Mostly about your experience with animals/customer service. It was about 30 minutes long and the interviewers were really nice and professional!

Veterinary Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VCA (Ithaca, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

I got contacted over the phone and did a brief phone interview there - why I was interested, what I like doing, etc. They contacted me via email a few days later asking for an in person interview. I did a 1 on 1 with the practice manager and got a tour of the hospital itself. Then about three days later was requested to come in for a shadow day.

Hospital Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VCA (Seattle, WA) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone screen and 2 onsite interviews. Lengthy interview process, 1-2 weeks between each interview.

Both onsite interview styles were odd. Questions were situational and based on their environment, rather than based on your experience. I found it difficult to redirect every question.

Job requirements were not clearly stated in the description and additional requirements were mentioned throughout the interview process.

Ultimately, after following up twice after my 3rd interview, I was still never formally rejected.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience giving vaccines?   3 Answers
    • What would be an example of a contest you would hold for employees in the clinic?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle two employees who were having conflict?   1 Answer

VA Interview

Interview

Very easy. Contact by email, then phone interview and then in person. Two person interview, short but thorough. Kind of a lengthy process but well worth it if you want a chance to work with animals.

CSR Interview

Interview

Firat we did a phone interview, than we set a time to meet. Once we met, I did a job shadow and was then offered a job. Everyone was very nice and personable.

Interview Questions

• Problem sovled woth tought customer   1 Answer

Kennel Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at VCA (Summerville, SC) in August 2019.

Interview

Just a 1 on1 interview with the Kennel Manager, she asked basic questions such as starting pay, where did I see myself in 5 years, what did I expect as far as job duties.

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VCA (Shelton, CT) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied to be a veterinary assistant having almost five years of experience as a boarding kennel attendant/supervisor under my belt. I applied to a 3rd shift position that required me to work from 10 pm to 8 am. After a brief email exchange, the one-on-one interview, a tour of the facility and a separate day of shadowing, I was finally offered a relatively low starting salary of $14 an hour. I told them during the interview I expected to make closer to $16 an hour, but they sent me through the wringer anyway! The pay for these hours is absurdly low for Connecticut considering grocery chains up here and retail outlets alike will hire entry-level employees at $13-$14 an hour. That being said my interviewer was very friendly and professional as was everyone else at the practice. I understand being a veterinary assistant is not typically a lucrative gig and wages will be capped at a certain point, but these are very demanding hours at a really busy clinic. Corporate definitely needs to readjust their hiring wages. $14 is certainly fair for States down South or in the Midwest, but not in the Northeast. This is an offer I would expect to receive if I had applied to work during the day at a small vet practice. But 10-hour 3rd shifts that extend well in to the weekend at a busy 24/7 emergency hospital? No thanks.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable cleaning up after the animals when the kennel attendants are not available?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment?   Answer Question

Their shift differential pay is extremely low or maybe even non-existent. The average vet assistant salary in Connecticut is $15 an hour. I was offered $14 an hour for 3rd shift work.

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VCA (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Had good experience speaking with the supervisor about the possible of employment with their clinic. I was offered the opportunity to come in for a working interview, and in the process scheduling that.

Interview Questions

• What clinical experience do you have? And are you comfortable with things like placing catheters.   Answer Question

Hospital Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at VCA (Houston, TX).

Interview

it was very informal. I really clicked with the people in the clinic. Once i left, i decided to come back due to personal reason and they allowed it.

Purchasing Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VCA.

Interview

My interview was over the phone and consisted of explaining what I knew about VCA and how I learned about this job. After the general questions and a review of my past experience, I was asked some great interview questions