VCU Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VCU Medical Center Interview Questions

2.4

PRN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center.

Interview

Conducted in an office with a casual feel to the interview. I was shown the area and the construction phase and the eventual changes. They were friendly and introduced me to the managers that seemed welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center.

Interview

- applied through RAMs Recruiting
    - got an email within a few days
    - interview was quick and painless -- received a nice tour of the lab facilities
    - offer came a few days later

New Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center (Richmond, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

HR interview in a group at first and then we had our applications sent to units of our choosing. We then were contacted by those units and had individual interview and shadow experiences on those designated units. You would then need an official offer from the nurse manager and Human resources in order to accept the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center.

Interview

HR was disorganized when I was hired. Hopefully, it's better now, but I definitely had to hound them Also, now I hear they have a personality inventory for new hires-- not sure if this is really the way to go. Anyway, this personality inventory is supposed to help us make better decision; I think we got sold a bill of goods.

Interview Questions

• I think the questions were fair. I don't believe I was asked standardized questions, but now we have a list. But the questions that we currently ask are typical-- "Tell us about a conflict and how you handled it..." That sort of thing which I assume is pretty typical of most interviews these days.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was right after the recession, and I was happy to get a job offer as a career-changer nurse.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center (Richmond, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Apply on-line, call from department admin to schedule on-site interview.

I live in South Carolina and the interview was in Richmond, VA (300 miles one way). Neither mention nor offer to reimburse mileage or provide hotel accommodations. The interview was scheduled for at 2 p.m. I arrived early and we started approximately 10 minutes early. At 2:38 the Director of the Workers’ Compensation department for the VCU Medical System notified the person interviewing me that they had a 2:30 appointment for which they were late; I laughed thinking they were joking since this is a fairly high level position and I had driven five hours there to be interviewed. It was not a joke however. The interviewer abruptly ended the interview and walked me to the door. I drove five hours for a 38 minute interview where I was only asked questions that are typically covered in a phone interview prior to bringing someone of my caliber for an on-site interview. I can safely rule out this position/department within the VCU Medical System as a place I wish to work going forward.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer had not reviewed my resume at all prior to my arrival. I had to provide him a copy of my resume upon arrival and they took a few minutes to review it then asked a question I typically get in a phone screen with HR: Tell me about your background. I summarized my resume. What attracted you to this field. I provided why I chose to be in the field of Occupational Safety & Health.   1 Answer

New Grad RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center in June 2014.

Interview

Initial new grad rn interview at human resources was a group interview with 6 other applicants and three interviewers. Everyone was asked the same three questions just in different order. What qualities will you bring to a new grad position? Describe a situation that was challenging, how did you deal with it and what was the outcome? What made you want to be a nurse? Sent a thank you letter after the interview and was notified additional interviews will be scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was challenging, how did you deal with it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Dietary Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center (Richmond, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Received a call from VCU Health Systems about the job, the lady set me up for an interview for the next day. When I met with the lady she was very kind and outgoing she asked me questions about why did I choose this position and also why do you make a good fit here. And after I answered all the questions, she asked me about the salary range and I accepted the salary and I received the on the spot.

Executive Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I was asked typical things one is asked during an interview - my strength, weaknesses, educational and work history. After meeting with the director I sat in front of a panel of people that I would be working with and I was asked some more questions - more personal about my interests and such.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult question is always - what is your weakness?   Answer Question

Interview

My initial communication with them was via e-mail. We exchanged various e-mails. Through these e-mails I was able to send my curriculum vitae, cover letter and statement of skills and competencies to the person doing the hiring. Subsequently, we spoke on the phone. After a couple of telephone conversations, we moved to the hiring stage. The rest of our communications were then via e-mail.

Administrative Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center in February 2013.

Interview

Interview was conducted over the phone. Various questions were asked regarding previous work experience and area of interests. Hiring manager spent a lot of time asking questions regarding research skills and previous project work completed in school. The manager asked various questions about leadership style and how did I address low performing employees.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style and how do you address low performing employees?   Answer Question