VCU Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VCU Medical Center Interview Questions

2.4

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center.

Interview

HR was disorganized when I was hired. Hopefully, it's better now, but I definitely had to hound them Also, now I hear they have a personality inventory for new hires-- not sure if this is really the way to go. Anyway, this personality inventory is supposed to help us make better decision; I think we got sold a bill of goods.

Interview Questions

• I think the questions were fair. I don't believe I was asked standardized questions, but now we have a list. But the questions that we currently ask are typical-- "Tell us about a conflict and how you handled it..." That sort of thing which I assume is pretty typical of most interviews these days.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was right after the recession, and I was happy to get a job offer as a career-changer nurse.

Administrative Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center in February 2013.

Interview

Interview was conducted over the phone. Various questions were asked regarding previous work experience and area of interests. Hiring manager spent a lot of time asking questions regarding research skills and previous project work completed in school. The manager asked various questions about leadership style and how did I address low performing employees.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style and how do you address low performing employees?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center.

Interview

- applied through RAMs Recruiting
    - got an email within a few days
    - interview was quick and painless -- received a nice tour of the lab facilities
    - offer came a few days later

Executive Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I was asked typical things one is asked during an interview - my strength, weaknesses, educational and work history. After meeting with the director I sat in front of a panel of people that I would be working with and I was asked some more questions - more personal about my interests and such.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult question is always - what is your weakness?   Answer Question

Dietary Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center (Richmond, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Received a call from VCU Health Systems about the job, the lady set me up for an interview for the next day. When I met with the lady she was very kind and outgoing she asked me questions about why did I choose this position and also why do you make a good fit here. And after I answered all the questions, she asked me about the salary range and I accepted the salary and I received the on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this job?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center (Richmond, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

Hard to remember in detail, but what I do remember is that it took 3ish weeks after the in-person interview for them to contact me with a job offer. It kind of sucked the fun out of it.

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center (Richmond, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

Applied, phone interviewed, did a walk through, had interview and then was made an offer.

Negotiation

There was very little negotiation as HR was very strict with their matrix system

Interview

My initial communication with them was via e-mail. We exchanged various e-mails. Through these e-mails I was able to send my curriculum vitae, cover letter and statement of skills and competencies to the person doing the hiring. Subsequently, we spoke on the phone. After a couple of telephone conversations, we moved to the hiring stage. The rest of our communications were then via e-mail.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center (Richmond, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Simple but they are disorganized. Paperwork gets lost and it is difficult to get answers to some questions. The website for postdocs is where I got most of my information

Interview Questions

• As always giving examples of your strengths and weaknesses as they relate to the position that you are applying for seem to be the most difficult question. Be prepared in terms of knowing the research of those you are interviewing with and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Low key. They seem to want to hire people and expand their postdoctoral base. Try and find people with funding who are willing to help you find and apply for funding. There have been instances especially for international students and postdocs where people can't get funding and they get shuttled around between labs having to give up on months of research.

New Grad RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VCU Medical Center in June 2014.

Interview

Initial new grad rn interview at human resources was a group interview with 6 other applicants and three interviewers. Everyone was asked the same three questions just in different order. What qualities will you bring to a new grad position? Describe a situation that was challenging, how did you deal with it and what was the outcome? What made you want to be a nurse? Sent a thank you letter after the interview and was notified additional interviews will be scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was challenging, how did you deal with it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question