VITAS Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Lombard, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

It was 3 hours long. They were asking questions not pertaining to the position. I shadowed with an employee and learned from that and I met the other employees. I was told about the hours and the days. The rest was personal.

Interview Questions

• How many children did I have.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Walnut Creek, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

One of the most awful interviews. First there was a very nice lady who interviewed me and she said I am a good fit. She sent me to another person who did not even interview me and says..." you need to get 2 years of psychiatric experience" . Social worker dont need psychiatric experience to work in a hospice. They need reasonable clinical skills. Also, they had my resume. If they needed someone with psychiatric experience, then they shouldnt have called me. It shows that their hiring process is discriminatory

Interview Questions

• The first interviewed asked " What made you to choose hospice?"   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare.

Interview

Very brief. I was called by the hiring manager and interview was set up for the following week. Met with hiring manager who asked me to tell me something about myself, then proceeded to offer me the job and salary. After weekend to consider, I accepted. Started about one month following offer. HR was very disorganized and poorly communicated during that time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that you would like me to know.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

interviewed by at least three different people... a social worker, team manager, and upper management. I was told that I was hired and would have the job but then called back for another interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in this situation type of questions. Questions about being licensed or not, and whether I would pursue that or not. Opportunities for advancement. What a typical workday is like. Nothing very hard. No strange questions like what tree you would be or anything like that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Naples, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

Easy process. Applied online and was asked to interview. Came in for interview. It was three people. They asked multiple questions. I felt very at ease with the questions and people.

Chaplain Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare in June 2012.

Interview

Very unfortunate interview. Personally delivered cover letter resume to company. Was contacted for interview. In meantime, CPE director emailed me, told me go online complete application. During interview, CPE director burst into room, tore my resume apart, made reference to my age, basically called me a liar. Very unfortunate.

Interview Questions

• Please write down the years that you worked at these jobs. You can work and talk at the same time can't you?   Answer Question

Chaplain Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare in November 2009.

Interview

Those interviewing me was so unprepared. GM walking in an out of interview while interview was in process. One of the managers sitting in on the interview process expressed that she never felt so uncomfortable as she did in this interview. She said they did not treat any of the others who applied for the position the way they treated me. I was the only black (African) who applied in-house. The other African American who applied outside of company showed up and was told she did not have an interview scheduled for that day. She was upset and left because she believed management was playing games.

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Vienna, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

It was organized and smooth. Standard interview process. I met with the general manager and my potential immediate supervisor, in turn, 1:1. I felt comfortable and more than qualified for the position. I was made to feel welcome by the receptionist first and then those with whom I interviewed. By the end of the interview process, if felt confident of receiving an offer. I was impressed by the sense of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• How I felt about the high amount of driving for the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview required a meeting with the Team Manager and the Field Team case managers. The Field Staff give input on your fit with the team. This was a good way to know who you'd be working with and helps the current employees get a feel for you.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about death?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hired when the first choice declined to take the offer. I was asked my salary range and received it. (I may have low balled salary)

Several Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Very long, poor communication, pay negotiation was long, lose potential employees while wait to hear back from corporate, not a quick process and make promises they don't keep. Call to get up date on status of application, don't get calls back. Miscommunication from the start.

Negotiation

Start too low, don't pay very well