Vaco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vaco Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vaco.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received acall the next day to complete a phone interview. I was then invited for an in-person interview. After I arrived on site I was told I didn't have the experienced they were looking for, but they pitched me a position anyway which I found pretty strange. I mean, first of all why bring me to your office if I don't have the experience you want, and second, why would you send me to interview with a client if my background isn't a good fit?Ultimately, I declined the client interview and found another recruiting firm to work with. I'm happy to report I received a direct hire offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vaco.

Interview

Google Hangouts over the computer with two managers. The interview was a few questions and a lot of getting to know you questions and gauging how open you are and if you're capable of "freeing yourself"

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? How would you feel working with people who are difficult to work with?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I saw a position posted by Vaco that looked like it would be a good fit for me so I submitted my resume and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later to go through a phone interview. This did not go well. For starters, the recruiter didn't call until almost twenty minutes after the interview was supposed to start and when they did finally call they didn't apologize or even acknowledge the tardiness. Once they began talking it felt as though they were treating me like an old college buddy and not in the good way. They kept referring to me as "dude" or "man" and seemed more interested in talking about the social scenes at my old Alma mater rather than my career achievements. It's not even like I'm a recent college grad. I finished college years ago and since they had my resume they clearly knew this. Where things really got interesting though is when it came time to talk about the job. Instead of giving me more information about the position I applied for they wanted to discuss two other potential openings that Vaco had. I asked about the position I was interested in and they said that they didn't think I'd be a good fit based on my career goals. This was odd since my resume matched the job description nicely and my goals were barely even discussed so I pressed for more information. They dismissed my inquiry by suggesting the position was almost filled already, odd since I applied within days of it being posted, but they really want to talk about the other open positions. I agreed and quickly dismissed the first one because I was already familiar with it and knew the salary was below my range. The second position had some promise and so I asked for more information. The recruiter proceeds to give me all of these details about how great the company is and what I could expect for compensation. The problem is that I have a good friend who works at this company and the information the recruiter was providing didn't match my friend's description at all. For example, the recruiter claimed that the company would pay out bonuses every quarter but I knew for a fact that while this company did provide bonuses they only did one annually, not every quarter, and that while this bonus was decent it would not be nearly as large as the recruiter suggested. At another point they claimed that Vaco was the primary recruiting service for this company and had lots of connections there but I knew that this company primarily used the same recruiting service as my current employer. In other words, the recruiter was lying to me. I didn't let on that I knew they weren't being honest but instead decided to wrap things up by asking for them to send me the information. They told me they would send it right away and then we finished up the call. They never did send the information and I never heard from them again. If you do decide to apply for a job through Vaco I would strongly suggest keeping your eyes open for a bait and switch.

Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vaco (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy. Took 1+ week. Interview over Google Hangout with two managers. Asked questions about my resume and wanted me to tell them about my interest as well as accomplishments

Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vaco in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter. We spoke a few times on the phone in regards to a research coordinator position. I was interested, so I sent him my resume, and was contacted the same day to do a video interview. The video interview went well (in my opinion) and I was told that I would be contacted in the next week with their decision in regards to the position because it was to begin on the 23rd of January. I was never contacted again, and the 23rd is long gone. I was disappointed that the recruiter did not have the decency to follow up with me.

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Vaco (Berwyn, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

The job was outlined to me in great detail. The culture, the benefits, the work life balance all seemed to good to be true. That's why I asked to be hired and was.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your network? What is your management style? What is your biggest GM per year?   Answer Question

Accounting Position Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vaco in December 2016.

Interview

I knew this company through my friend from college. He gave me the contact info, and I kept in touch with her. She was very nice and friendly and willing to help me find a new position. So she directed me to her colleague near my location, and her colleague called me unexpectedly. We had a few minute conversation on the phone, and I've heard any updates from her yet.

FYI, She was pretty skeptical, judgmental, and unprofessional.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vaco (Tampa, FL).

Interview

i was schedule for an interview before business hours and arrived on time. I was excited to meet with a recruiter as I had read great reviews about this agency. When I arrived at their office, the lights were off and doors were locked. I called the interviewing recruiter on both her office and cell and was unable to get a hold of her. After waiting an additional 15 minutes, I left. I received an email an hour later from the recruiter saying she was there the whole time in the back of the office, she acknowledge d the doors were locked until business hours and said she doesn't know why her office and her cell phone didn't go off. She made no attempt to reschedule or, alternatively, conduct a phone interview. There office is out of my way, so this "mix up" was quite inconvenient. I'm not sure why I wasn't met at the door at my interview time if they needed to remain locked until business hours.

Accounting Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vaco (Louisville, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with Jennifer. She made this one of the most painless interviews I've ever had. It was more like just chatting with a friend over a cup of coffee. I'm not very comfortable going to interviews, but she put me totally at ease. I know a few people who would like to make a change and will definitely recommend VACO to them. I like that they also offer interview prep. Since interviews make me nervous, it was very reassuring knowing I would have someone to work with before interviewing with an employer.

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vaco.

Interview

Great company! Interview process was fast, to the point, and informative. They were clear about what to expect. No bs. I interview with the permanent recruiter and the contract recruiter the same day.

Interview Questions

• Lots of experience questions
      What are you looking for (location, salary, etc)   Answer Question