Vaisala Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vaisala (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at Vaisala (Seattle, WA) in June 2017. The process took 3 weeks, the first round was a phone screening followed by the onsite interview. The interviews were mostly talking about the resume and the past experience, and also a bit of whiteboarding.

The overall experience was not great as they should give better reasons than "typos in resume" to reject a software engineer applicant after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structure questions and easy array manuplation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vaisala (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Algorithm phone interview, lots of coding challenges, you should be very familiar with the coding skills.

Interview Questions

• House robber 2, reverse a binary tree,Encode and Decode Strings . ...............   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vaisala (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

The first interview was done over the phone by the company recruiter. After 1 week of waiting, I was asked to do an in person interview. The Renewable Energy Director, and Head of Energy Marketing and Sales interviewed me together. They asked several questions, and seemed to like my skill set. It took an additional three weeks to get an offer. I found out later that my age was a factor. I believe they offered the job to someone younger who did not take the job.

Service Coordinator Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vaisala in October 2012.

Interview

email, phone and then in person

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an issue or problem that you had to resolve between team members or departments, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vaisala (Louisville, CO) in March 2009.

Interview

I had a friend working for the company and he turned in my resume to the hiring manager. I also applied on the company website to make it official.

About 2.5 weeks later, I was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. This was followed by phone interviews with 2 additional people within the group.

I had taken an online personality profile for an earlier application with the company, so they already had that on file.

2 weeks after, I had a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager, followed a couple weeks later with an official offer.

The people were very professional and I was told that they take so long in the interview process to be sure they have the right people and don't believe in layoffs. They often apologized for the slowness of the process.

Offer was acceptable, considering the job market at the time, so I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would you address communications difficulties between sites that are separated by distance, culture, time zone? The goal of the position is to bridge the gap between the engineering organization and the U.S. customer base and to accelerate engineering's response to U.S. customers needs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Having a contact on the inside let me know ahead of time what the range for the position was. I knew if I tried to push the salary more, it would have opened up the selection to other candidates that were being considered. I didn't risk it. Benefits were good, and the company sounded like they were headed for continued success.

Internship Interview

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews by HR & responsible manager. General questions about study background (around what was mentioned in CV) as well as some behavioural questions. The interviewers asked more based on the answers you gave them and listened very keenly. Overall very nice experience.