Valencia College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Valencia College Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2018

2.8

Audio Visual Interview

Interview

Apply online. call you right after. very easy interview. know what AV is.

Negotiation

no negotitation

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valencia College (New York, NY).

Interview

Online application and then an interview with the supervisor and another employee. They were both very nice. I was quizzed in Excel and in writing an email and then I did the one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? When do you feel the most accomplished? Was quizzed in Excel.   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Valencia College.

Interview

Talk about your resume and your previous math courses. Discuss your personality and what you're interested in. Discuss some of your skills in math, and what makes you want to be a tutor, and how you might be able to hand a situation where you have multiple students asking multiple questions at the same time.

Interview Questions

• What are your grades in your math classes? Show transcripts.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Normally the people interviewing you will ask you pertinent questions about what you would do if faced with a difficult situation, such as a student bad mouthing a professor (you should never ever agree or bad mouth professors along with students), and then they'll have you hold a mock tutoring session where they'll act as difficult students. Some pointers are, never take a student's pencil, even if they throw it at you, etc.

Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valencia College.

Interview

I was brought into an office-ish room with a whiteboard in the back. I was interviewed by 2 supervisors and they asked about 10 questions. Most of the questions were situational or personality type of questions (if that makes sense). At the end of those questions they asked me to pick a math problem from a slip of paper and teach them as if they were students. The problems on the slip of paper went from Intermediate Algebra (I think a little before that) to Differential Equations.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you tutored / assisted someone in math?   Answer Question

Mathematics Tutor Interview

Interview

Very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a conflict and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

It took almost two months to be contacted after online application. First step, was Hirevue interview where you record the answers of questions then the next step is a panel interview of 5 people within the accounts receivable department. Overall, was a great experience, I will keep applying.

Interview Questions

• Why valencia? Tell me about your experience? Do you think your a good fit? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why the tennis ball has fuss on it?   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Was invited to come interview in person almost immediately after submitting application materials (within same week). Gave a "mock lesson" to the deans present; answered questions about availability and classroom management skills. I felt over-prepared for the interview.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

My qualifications as an M.D. was drawn to the attention of the Dean, who was actively looking for someone to teach that particular class.
    Once I presented my qualifications, I was offered the position. I had taken my resume and a cover letter just in case, and they were added to my application. There was an online application aspect as well, which I was allowed to fill out whilst I was there on their computer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is a set salary for adjuncts at each level, based on whether you have a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate.
    HR dept took finger prints, ID card, SS card, voided cheque, and there were several forms to sign.
    No drug test required as the position is not fulltime.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Valencia College.

Interview

I was contacted by the discipline chair in the department, not someone in HR. I had a short phone interview and then was asked to come in for a face to face. That meeting was an interview, but also a bit of an orientation to the job and the office. I was hired that afternoon. The tone of the interview was casual but professional, and they were more interested in my interest in the job than my experience. I left feeling happy to be a part of the team, and relaxed about my boss.

Interview Questions

• There was no syllabus for the section that I was going to teach - and I was asked how I'd go about getting that together. Having never taught before, that was a bit of a challenging question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't one. Adjunct salaries are set, based on your highest level of education.