Valencia College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Valencia College Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.8

Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valencia College.

Interview

I was brought into an office-ish room with a whiteboard in the back. I was interviewed by 2 supervisors and they asked about 10 questions. Most of the questions were situational or personality type of questions (if that makes sense). At the end of those questions they asked me to pick a math problem from a slip of paper and teach them as if they were students. The problems on the slip of paper went from Intermediate Algebra (I think a little before that) to Differential Equations.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you tutored / assisted someone in math?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online was received a call for an interview withing a week. The interview was scheduled for 2 days later. Before the interview, there was a 30 minute written prompt, which was actually 3 administrative "tasks" to complete. After, there was a panel interview with 4 people from the department.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when being a multi-tasker worked for you and one where it worked against you.   Answer Question

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

online application, online HireVue interview, then 1 in person panel interview. The HireVue was a recorded question and a webcam that you needed to record yourself answering the question.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

You are sitting in a room with a view people around you asking some basic questions about your skill self and your personal self, ask to see your work, and talk about your job experience.

Interview Questions

• What inspires you, did you do any video editing, what's your process.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

Interview

A group meeting. Not too exciting like a typical interview about yourself and show your work. Then they ask you a few questions about your past jobs and what skills will you bring to the table if you do start working.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valencia College (New York, NY).

Interview

Online application and then an interview with the supervisor and another employee. They were both very nice. I was quizzed in Excel and in writing an email and then I did the one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? When do you feel the most accomplished? Was quizzed in Excel.   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Valencia College.

Interview

Talk about your resume and your previous math courses. Discuss your personality and what you're interested in. Discuss some of your skills in math, and what makes you want to be a tutor, and how you might be able to hand a situation where you have multiple students asking multiple questions at the same time.

Interview Questions

• What are your grades in your math classes? Show transcripts.   1 Answer

Staff Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Panel/Group interview with about three people, two typicaly from the department you will be in and one from a different department. Applied online. Found opening through indeed but many are posted on the Valencia website.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Lengthy interview process including an on the spot writing sample, panel interview/presentation, and more. Be prepared to spend several hours on site for the final steps of the selection process. You will be presented with behavioral interview style questions as well as skills/knowledge check questions. Depending on the department you are interviewing for you may be asked to provide work samples or a presentation of your skill set.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal philosophy?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. A week later I received an invite to completed the Hirevue interview. After submitting the Hirevue video, I received a call for an in person interview. The following week, I completed the in person interview which was fairly easy, the questions referenced to my experience, educational background, philosophy and diversity. Shortly after, I was notified that they wanted to move me forward to the final round of the interview. Completed the final interview, which was easy. The questions were more situational and they wanted to see how quickly I could think on my feet. Shortly after, I was offered the position. The process moved quickly which was great!