Valencia College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2017

2.8

Program Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

The same as the previous person's post. You apply and if you're selected, you do an digital interview with HireVue. It is an online recorded interview with several questions and two to three answer responses. A few of them have writing responses but that you can do from your mobile device or computer with keyboard. If you pass the online interview, there is the in-person interview which is held with a panel of at least 10-12 people. The interview was 30 minutes long and a presentation was required with learning objectives and outcome of those objectives.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges students face while in college?   1 Answer

Campus Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valencia College.

Interview

Submitted application and received email days after closing date inviting me to record a video interview. Recording a video interview is not easy as it adds an extra layer of anxiety.

Interview Questions

• Three to four questions. Questions anywhere from how would you do ______ to tell us about a time when you ______.   Answer Question

Coordinator, Program Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

After the application process, if you are selected for an interview, you will have to do an online recorded interview with several questions and two to three answer responses. If you pass the online interview, there is the in-person interview which is held with a panel of at least 10-13 people. The interview was 30 minutes long and an interactive session/presentation is required at the beginning. You are given a prompt in order to be able to hold the interactive session/presentation.

Interview Questions

• For the online interview, tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Staff Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Panel Interview with 3 people from the office. About 30 minutes long with 11-12 questions. The atmosphere was professional but welcoming. Make sure you have questions to ask them once the interview is over. That's very important.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Slow process as you move from online video interview which was very easy to am in person interview at the Orlando campus. Panel of twelve people which is overkill. It was obvious that the person who interviewed before was well known as laughter and jovial sounds came from the room. when I entered, the atmosphere deflated. Softball and sometimes silly questions from this group and a presentation that went over their heads. When there is an inside hire, you should be told there may be an inside hire. Everything else is a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to make yourself an expert in your field?   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

It took almost two months to be contacted after online application. First step, was Hirevue interview where you record the answers of questions then the next step is a panel interview of 5 people within the accounts receivable department. Overall, was a great experience, I will keep applying.

Interview Questions

• Why valencia? Tell me about your experience? Do you think your a good fit? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why the tennis ball has fuss on it?   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valencia College.

Interview

I was brought into an office-ish room with a whiteboard in the back. I was interviewed by 2 supervisors and they asked about 10 questions. Most of the questions were situational or personality type of questions (if that makes sense). At the end of those questions they asked me to pick a math problem from a slip of paper and teach them as if they were students. The problems on the slip of paper went from Intermediate Algebra (I think a little before that) to Differential Equations.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you tutored / assisted someone in math?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The application process consisted of an online application, including essay questions, recommendations, etc. The initial screening interview was conducted through an online HR platform, which consisted of a digital interview (recorded and timed) to a set of pre-selected questions.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions I was asked was to describe my experience with diversity and inclusion.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online was received a call for an interview withing a week. The interview was scheduled for 2 days later. Before the interview, there was a 30 minute written prompt, which was actually 3 administrative "tasks" to complete. After, there was a panel interview with 4 people from the department.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when being a multi-tasker worked for you and one where it worked against you.   Answer Question

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valencia College (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

online application, online HireVue interview, then 1 in person panel interview. The HireVue was a recorded question and a webcam that you needed to record yourself answering the question.