Valerus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Valerus Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2016

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valerus (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview for screening. Afterwards, I was given an additional phone interview over the phone with two of my potential managers. The phone interview was primarily behavioral as I was an intern and was geared mainly towards finding out how I would integrate with the company. This may have changed as the company has since been bought by SNC Lavalin. HR Staff was very kind and responsive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valerus (College Station, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Got a phone Interview and was asked behavioral questions, they were all related to the tasks I would be doing during the internship. Overall it was pretty good, they offered me a position in the Latin America group. I would highly recommend the company if you're into jobs in the Energy sector they are medium to high in terms of personnel and have a really personal touch to every worker.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of a leader   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valerus (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Went to career expo at my university and talked to a recruiter at Valerus who also is a recent hire at Valerus. We had a good talk and I believe he recommended me, and later on I applied online through their website. Then I had a phone interview with a supervisor, and a month after, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about how you are an effective communicator.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valerus in September 2014.

Interview

I got an interview with Valerus through College recruiting. It took 2 weeks. I was called for information session before the interview to know more about the company and its people.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valerus (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I had one interview and they were very impressed with my technical experience, so it was very easy. Most of the interview was the hiring manager telling me about the company. The communication from HR wasn't as timely as it could have been. I was notified that I got the job a week before they wanted me to start, so there wasn't much time for a notice.

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valerus (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter in Texas. A week later she called and said I had a face to face interview with the company. Very nice office. Was interviewed by the head of the electrical engineering department. He did most of the talking and compared my academic background with what they were looking for and said they would train me for 4 weeks. He then asked me how soon I could start, and I said in 2 weeks. Said they would be in touch.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward questions in relation to high voltage power.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valerus in March 2013.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks from the initial contact. The interviews were conducted in a professional, laid back, conversational manner. Once the interviews were complete it was followed by a formal offer based on passing a drug screen.

Interview Questions

• I did not receive any of the canned questions like "What is your greatest weakness".   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valerus (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Short interview. They wanted to hire me quickly.

Negotiation

They told me what they would pay me. Then I told them it wasn't enough and they came closer to the salary I wanted.