Valet Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Valet Living

2.1

Trash Valet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Valet Living (Austin, TX) in September 2020.

Interview

The interview process is very easy! It only took about 10 minutes over the phone and then they let me know the earliest I could get started. It was all very simple and straight forward for the most part which was nice!

Interview Questions

• Work availability - asked what kind of hours you are trying to work   1 Answer

Technical Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valet Living (Atlanta, GA) in July 2020.

Interview

The interview process was super fast and the company recruiter made this process very seamless. The interviews were conducted within the week and I was given feedback promptly. All my questions were answered during the interview process and I really enjoyed working with this team.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my work background and how it'll fit with the job description. Also stakeholder management and work prioritization. There was also a homework assignment to complete   Answer Question

Recruiting Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valet Living.

Interview

Nice people, but a very slow and time consuming interview process. I had multiple interviews with multiple people that spanned two months. This is an entry level type position so I don't think its necessary to evaluate a person so much. The job is not rocket science.

Interview Questions

• "Please tell me why there is such a big gap on your resume from this job that was 8 years ago?"   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valet Living.

Interview

Two-month long interview process that consisted of 5 different interviews. The last interview was an in-person meeting (previous 4 were over the phone) that was a complete waste of time. The hiring manager asked the same questions from our previous interview and showed no actual interest in me. He looked at his watch the entire time and made me feel completely rushed to conclude the interview. Keep in mind that I had already gone through 4 other interviews, so at this point, the interview process just felt completely watered down. After completing the 5th interview, I was told that there were still a few more interviews to complete, which is understandable. After a couple weeks of waiting, I reached out to follow up, but was completely ghosted. A week later I sent another response and was again ghosted. After waiting a few more weeks, I finally received the auto response that it generated from the company ATS letting me know I wasn't being selected. I found it to be in very poor taste that a company would string you along for 2 months across 5 interviews and not have the professional decency to give you a call or email letting you know they are going in a different direction. I can completely understand and accept that there might be a better candidate. Just follow up with someone who has gone through such a lengthy process. In the end, I am very grateful that I was not chosen for this position, as they don't seem to treat people with much respect or professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Typical situational hospitality questions. Tell me about a time.......................   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Valet Living in July 2019.

Interview

Laid back, professional, friendly and explained the job position in great detail. They took the time to explain responsibilities and what was expected for the role as well as a little about the company and background.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valet Living (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2019.

Interview

I did a few phone interviews as well as 2 in person interviews. Spoke with some Regional Managers, recruiters and someone in HR. They had me complete an assessment which was required for the position I applied for. We negotiated salaries and talked about how and when I could start. They discussed the background of the company as well.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about Valet Living
      Was I comfortable with a split shift
      Have I managed employees before   Answer Question

Sep 19, 2019 – VP, Talent Acquisition

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Valet Living.

Interview

I was contacted by the Regional Manager after applying online. I interviewed with the Regional Director and Regional Manager at the main office. They were flexible on the time as well because I had a full time job. Told me about the position and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle call-outs and employee management?   1 Answer

Jul 8, 2019 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and congratulations on accepting the offer! I'm interested in learning more about your interview experience and how we can improve. Please email me at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com to coordinate time to discuss further.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valet Living in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process with Valet Living was very thorough and extremely professional. It was a relaxed atmosphere and their push on a positive culture is evident from the first interview. The lead recruiter was outstanding, as she was prompt with answering questions and assisting with the process.
    The executive team was best in class in their delivery of the company message. It is apparent that the team truly believes in the company culture and drive to continue to be the best in the multi-family amenities space. Each interview was unique, well-designed and thoughtful and allowed plenty of time to ask questions about the organization so I could make an informed decision about my career choice.
    The combination of the process (well put together) and people (executive team) made this an easy choice to pursue a career at Valet Living.

Interview Questions

• How do you lead your teams?   1 Answer

Sep 19, 2019 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valet Living (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2019.

Interview

I had a 1on1 with Manager Jacqueline and she was very helpful in answering questions about the position I applied for she had an answer for everything and was very professional, she asked and answered many questions about the job position I applied for. I also remember she role played a unsatisfied customer and asked how I would answer after at the customer stated her issues (with a little aggression “role play”) and after I answered she gave me her version of a good response and explained why we should reply in that manner she also spoke to me about the duties the position required

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for the position I applied for?   1 Answer

Jun 12, 2019 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for posting a review. We're glad to hear you had a great experience and congratulations on the offer!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Interview

With an extensive background as a district manager I saw this position and applied. No response at all. Then I get an email saying I should apply for the same position. I apply again...still "crickets"...nothing. Get anther email saying I should apply. And the Merry Go Round continues. Ironically I had the same experience for other positions I applied for. Same carnival ride. Then I got a number for a recruiter in the area, I thought "great", I can ask some questions. The recruiter just gave me a number to the home office. I call, could only leave a message. So I did... Results..."Crickets".

What is more interesting is that I live in. Complex serviced by Valet Living. I caught one of the employees and asked who was your district manager. They said they don't have one. They also said that they have been through several DMs. There is definitely a gap in their hiring process. In addition, the information provided to me was that turnover was huge.

Once again today I got yet another invite to apply for a position I already applied for weeks ago.

Jun 12, 2019 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Your experience is definitely not up to our standards. If you can email me separately with your name and contact information, our team will follow up with you to discuss further. My email is antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com