Valuation Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Valuation Research

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valuation Research (Princeton, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

After applying to the position, I heard directly from one of the financial staff to arrange the interview. I met with multiple interviewers individually, including a partner; most if not all of the interviewers were financial staff members. I was invited back for a second round interview, which was similar in structure with additional team members. Overall, it was a comprehensive process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to specific experiences in valuation and/or credit exposure. Some high level questions were asked to garner if basic finance concepts were understood.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Valuation Research.

Interview

it is not structured. meet 2-3 partners first. if they like you meet the CEO who makes the final call. sometimes the partners decide. They prefer to hire freshers. Or people from bulge bracket firms. Not too many people from big4 come here.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valuation Research (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The first round is on-campus. Second round the company bought me ticket and flew there. It's one on one interview with almost every one in the office. They took me to lunch. Interviewed all day from 10 to 3 pm.

Interview Questions

• The interview is not structured. But some people do asked basic quesitons like how do you calculate WACC, lever Beta, unlever Beta, CAPM. The people intervewed me are not HRs. We just talk as the conversation goes. It starts with go over my resume and tell them what I did before and why I qualify the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, but the manager would not accept negotiation.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valuation Research (Princeton, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

Ask about fundamental company analysis. CAPM, DCF, DDM, etc. Pretty boring, simple questions that a finance major should easily be able to answer. You'll learn everything on the job. Partners came in acting like a hot shot but none of them even had drycleaned shirts on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations.