Vanderlande Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2017

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vanderlande Industries (Nashville, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

It was fairly quick. About 10 questions were asked. I had to be interviewed over the phone and the next step was to go in for a face to face interview then I got to meet the department manager

Mechanical Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderlande Industries (Marietta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long (~4 hours) but it was a good interview. I meet with different employees at different levels in their career at Vanderlande. This is great because it shows you not only where you will start but where you can grow to. The HR department was really personable and helpful in making sure everything I needed was provided for. Overall, it was a really enjoyable process. There were any really crazy questions. The interviewers really just wanted to know more about the person that could be there next employeee.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle leadership when some lone was carrying their weight?   Answer Question

Still in decision making process.

Project Buyer Interview

Interview

Interview with the Supply Chain Manager and Supply Chain Lead at the office. Lasted about 30 minutes. Very laid back and not stressful meeting. They made me feel very comfortable. We reviewed my resume and then how I fit into the job description.

Interview Questions

• What is currently on the top shelf of your refrigerator?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanderlande Industries (Marietta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

You come back over and over again. They really have no idea how to conduct an interview or what questions to ask you. They have HR doing a lot of the interview and the are quick to admit that they have no idea of what technical skills are needed for the different positions!

Interview Questions

• Test programs, problems and programming tests. They said I missed a question on the programming test and when I explained to them how my answer was correct and what they were telling me was not right they agreed but said that they were still not going to be able to accept my answer as correct (is that crazy!).   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanderlande Industries in January 2015.

Interview

Lengthy. Vanderlande is not looking for industry veterans like some of their competition, but industrial automation knowledge is a big plus. These days it's clearly not about what you know, but what you will contribute to the team. Managers and peers are looking to see how you would mesh with the collective group.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Open minded but hiring managers are strong negotiators.

Engineer/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vanderlande Industries (Marietta, GA).

Interview

They interview a LOT of people but hire about 1 in 200. Not many people are willing to work for such low pay. People seem difficult to get along with and why has nobody been there for more than a few months?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Pay was crap and people are hard to get a long with. Company seems to be way to heavy with management.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Vanderlande Industries (Marietta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Long, drawn out, inexperience people asking questions that have nothing to do with what your job will be. They have no idea what to ask or how to behave because they have NEVER interviewed anybody before. Everybody I interviewed with said they did not know why they were interviewing me because they did not have anything to do with the people that were hired for my position. Another person told me he had interviewed 10 people and that none of the people that anybody recommended ever got hired. Most managers seem very disgruntled.

Interview Questions

• What kind of animal would you be (are you kidding me!)   1 Answer
    • Did you accept the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They do not negotiate. They make you a WAY low offer and then tell you because you do not have any experience. The funny part is that everybody there I talked to had only been there for a few months (not years) and they did not. They say they will let you try different jobs to see where you fit best but they will not let you change jobs until you have been there for at least a year!. All double talk, confusion and basically fumbling.

Business Support Function Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vanderlande Industries (Marietta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was hired through an agency placement. The overall interview process was easy and the team was very welcoming. VI and the agency kept me in the loop at all times. Salary negotiation was also pleasant for a change. The previous HR Director was wonderful throughout the process. I was able to meet the team I would work with and ask questions as well to get a better idea of the work environment.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vanderlande Industries in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process was somewhat awkward and took a long time. I went through 4-5 interviews and the final was with the president. His office was extremely hot so if you're wearing a suite you will sweat a lot. The president will not have very good questions and will likely be unprepared as your possible final interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain how sales in your current industry relates to selling in the conveyor industry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were pretty easy and I got most everything I wanted. If there is training involved for you to be successful in this new position get everything in writing. Get the expectations for each step 1-3 months,4-6 months all the up to a year. The president operates and makes decisions on a day to day basis so very knee jerk and reactionary. You need to have it all in writing for your review process or he will change the criteria.

Mechanical Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Vanderlande Industries (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

Met current employee at campus recruitment event. Was contacted 5-6 months later and asked to take and submit a pre-screen test of technical aptitude. After passing that I was invited for an on-site interview. Two weeks later I received an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength and your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The initial offer was lower than expected. I inquired why it was so much lower than the numbers presented by campus Career Services and the response was that those numbers are skewed by reporting bias and that the offer was firm.