Varex Imaging Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Varex Imaging Interview Questions

Interviews at Varex Imaging

2.8

Interview

Hiring manager met me in the lobby to take me back to the interview room. He used the time to ask me what I knew of the products produced and provide a little more clarity on the subject. He also used the walk back to show me the cafeteria, Varex credit union and talk a bit about the company and answer questions. The interview was with the hiring manager, two engineers, and one engineering technician. They took turns asking me about experience with process development/improvement, design changes, general engineering experience. They then presented me with two sets of 3D printed parts and asked me to tell them how I think they go together, they were older parts and a cheap 3D material, so the first one I had one part backwards (design allowed to fit either direction) and the next one I assembled correctly. I was then provided the opportunity to ask them all any questions I had. I can only remember a few of the questions I asked. How they feel about their benefits, how long they worked at the company and in the the department, how they liked working in their current position, and if they would recommend the position being interviewed for to someone. They definitely put out a vibe of woes and dismay, but they also had positive things to say about scheduling and the work/technology. After the interview, the hiring manager took me on a full tour of the daunting maze of a facility. I had interviewed at several other companies around the same time and was close to accepting an offer when I finally heard back from Varex HR giving me a compelling offer. I had completely forgotten about it and just assumed that they had moved on. It was 4-5 weeks before I heard anything, It was a call from HR with an unofficial verbal offering a Thursday with an official offer emailed the following Monday once I had verbally accepted. But then it was still another two weeks to complete the background check, drug test, and a completely separate and extensive application that I had to fill out last minute before I could give my employer my resignation notice. It took an astounding amount of time for everything to happen, start to finish. I may have been one of the first interviewees, but it still seemed to take way too long.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you overcame a difficult technical challenge.   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have using lean methodology to improve a workstation or process?   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Varex Imaging in February 2018.

Interview

Interview was very structured and detailed. 3 Hours with multiple groups.

I did spend half my day there so was a bit disappointed when I was never given a simple 'yes' or 'no.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my thoughts on DHCP at remote locations by the Systems team.   1 Answer

Interview

The interview process was very short. I was told about the job, they interviewed me, and then had the temp company that they were using send me all the forms I needed to fill out and complete. Short and simple

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself with this company in 10 years?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Varex Imaging (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied on line. Long time in between application and call for interview. Not organized process and seem uninterested in person as a whole. This company is a new company due to a split off of Varian. It seems that their interview process should be more organized and left a lot to be desired. Did they get a new HR department in the split because they seemed new at the process/organization of it all.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Varex Imaging in October 2017.

Interview

Overall pleasant experience during initial phone interview with someone from their talent acquisition team. Prior to the interview received a questionnaire that covered a lot of basic questions that later guided our interview. The interviewer called right at our scheduled time and was able to answer all my questions pertaining to the details of the position. The only downside of the interview was you could tell that the interviewer was going down a check list of questions that needed to be asked and none of them really allowed you to really sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position?
      What is your minimum salary requirements?
      Have you ever worked in a manufacturing environment?
      Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Varex Imaging (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Needed to apply online and give manager my resume. Had a panel of people from the team sit in the interview and ask questions. Asked about what knowledge I had of the company.

Interview Questions

• About personal work experiences.   1 Answer

Support Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Varex Imaging.

Interview

The only comment I want to make is that if you don't get a follow-up to your interview, you likely didn't get the position. The company won't bother giving you a definitive yes or no.