Vencore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vencore (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with project manager. We reviewed resume as well as my recent work history. The interview was low pressure and pleasant. A fairly in-depth review of the company's history was presented.

Configuration Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vencore (Herndon, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter were timely and pleasant to work with. Took time to discuss opportunities available and setup interview pretty quickly. Had two separate interviews to meet hiring managers, team, and senior director to get better acquainted.

Interview Questions

• Asked about qualifications and really wanted to get to know me beyond my technical skills. Very easy going and pleasant to meet everyone.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vencore (San Diego, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward.. Make sure that your personality aligns with the company values.. Show that you are a team player and that you have a bit of knowledge about what your applying for.

Interview Questions

• Describe the stages of a web page, from Page Init to Final Rendering.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vencore (Stafford, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

It was pretty relaxed and informal, but that's because I already knew someone at the company. They seem to be pretty good to their employees. One take back is that with contract work you never know for certain about longevity. A word on advice here is to make yourself essential to the Program Managers. I didn't get this job but soon after there was an opportunity for me to join as a subcontractor on another contract. Pay was decent and managers are nice.

Interview Questions

• How do you believe your skill sets would best serve the team lead?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Vencore in July 2011.

Interview

Vencore (formerly the SI Org.) was created from Lockheed Martin's Systems Integration Division which was a line of business under IS&GS. Due to persistent OCI concerns expressed by the government, Lockheed made the decision to sell the SI ostensibly to free it up to go after new contract and also allow it to continue to compete for it's core contracts. I was a Legacy employee from Lockheed Martin so there was no interview.

Senior Staff Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley Forge, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vencore (Valley Forge, PA).

Interview

Three interviews with GE Aerospace engineers and managers

Interview Questions

• Do you balance your checkbook?   1 Answer

Usability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Vencore (Laurel, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Met with Recruiter a number of times over a year starting with a job fair. Recruiter shared his relationship with the usability community that I knew. When when a project came up, met with client. Heard back within the day.

Interview Questions

• What my experience and skills were.   1 Answer

Junior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vencore.

Interview

First, they required me to submit a java project. I submitted one of my project that I did long time ago. Then I got an interview on site. The interview went really well, 4 people interviewed me, but only 1 asked questions, the other 3 just sat there and evaluate my answers. A week later I got an email from them saying that they do not have enough funding for this position, and wish me luck on my future career

Interview Questions

• they will ask you one java problem, require you to write a pseudo code for that problem to know how much do you know coding   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vencore.

Interview

After putting many applications in over time I was finally contacted by a corporate recruiter who did a first phone screen. I told her I was in the process of looking for work and was interviewing at several companies. She set up a phone interview immediately. I was interviewed on the phone by conference call. The interview lasted maybe 40 minuets and nothing out of the ordinary question wise. One week later I was given an offer and relocation expense information.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vencore.

Interview

Talked to them at the job fair, gave them my resume and applied for some of the jobs they mentioned online. Got a phone call from a HR person with general questions about myself, verifying everything that was on my resume and that sort of thing. Got an email a couple days later about filling out security clearance forms to verify that I would qualify for a security clearance. Got an email a couple days after I submitted that wanting me to set up a phone call with the security check guy to verify everything I wrote. About a week after that got an email to come in for an interview. Interviewed with 2 older managers and 1 recent grad (from my school), lasted about an hour. Recently interviewed so haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experiences on my resume and how I learned from them or went about them.   Answer Question
    • Where do I see myself in 20 years followed by what will you do in the next 3 years to set yourself up for that   Answer Question