Vencore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vencore (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with project manager. We reviewed resume as well as my recent work history. The interview was low pressure and pleasant. A fairly in-depth review of the company's history was presented.

Configuration Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vencore (Herndon, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter were timely and pleasant to work with. Took time to discuss opportunities available and setup interview pretty quickly. Had two separate interviews to meet hiring managers, team, and senior director to get better acquainted.

Interview Questions

• Asked about qualifications and really wanted to get to know me beyond my technical skills. Very easy going and pleasant to meet everyone.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vencore (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy relaxed. Managers were very easy accommodating. They spent at least half the time explaining what the job was about. They were two managers in the office and about another 2 on the phone. I felt very confident after the interview

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous job experience.   1 Answer

Subcontracts Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vencore (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

It was more me interviewing them. Didn't even get asked basic questions about the actual job. The interviewers were very friendly. It was more of a friendly conversation. Kept waiting for questions regarding ten performance of the job but they never came.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember really. Typical questions - why Vencore? College? Salary requirements?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vencore.

Interview

I had a quick phone interview where the hiring manager went over the company and position. They talked about how the company was once part of Lockheed Martin. They asked very few questions were asked about myself.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Brief phone interview and then one on one on site interview with group manager. Got an offer but they decided the clearance would take to long to clear and hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do have with the product development process?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennedy Space Center, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vencore (Kennedy Space Center, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Panel Interview - three people.
    That is 3 personnel that will be conducting the panel.
    Interview is of the panel type - with more than a couple of the companies employees conducting it.
    Not to be confused with a one (1) person interview.
    Nor is it to be conducted by two (2) individuals.
    Nope, not four (4) people.
    Held in a conference room environment.
    There was a table.
    And plenty of chairs.

Interview Questions

• Awareness of 44 hour pay week?   1 Answer
    • Knowledge of Maximo Work / Purchasing Software?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vencore.

Interview

Talked to them at the job fair, gave them my resume and applied for some of the jobs they mentioned online. Got a phone call from a HR person with general questions about myself, verifying everything that was on my resume and that sort of thing. Got an email a couple days later about filling out security clearance forms to verify that I would qualify for a security clearance. Got an email a couple days after I submitted that wanting me to set up a phone call with the security check guy to verify everything I wrote. About a week after that got an email to come in for an interview. Interviewed with 2 older managers and 1 recent grad (from my school), lasted about an hour. Recently interviewed so haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experiences on my resume and how I learned from them or went about them.   Answer Question
    • Where do I see myself in 20 years followed by what will you do in the next 3 years to set yourself up for that   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Vencore (Chantilly, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very different. The work done on each program is classified. The interview was awkward and difficult because the interviewers couldn't disclose what my actual job would be. The questions focused more about my experiences and ability to work with others and learn something new.

Interview Questions

• Having a military background, they wanted to know what the highest level of management(rank) I had ever briefed or had to work with regularly.   Answer Question
    • Having an IT background, they asked to what extent my training and IT abilities were.   Answer Question

Computer Systems Engineer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Vencore (Melbourne, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and fairly quick compared to other companies I've interviewed with. The whole process from submitting my resume to an offer was only 25 days. There was no phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to describe things from my resume, and gave me a basic problem and asked me to write pseudocode on a white board (find the max # in a list)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated over the course of a week. I had to decline the offer when I was told there was no room to negotiate. The next day, they called me back.