Veolia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.8

Data Architect Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veolia (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Multiple Steps Process:
    1. Phone Screening from HR
    2. Senior Director Screening via Phone (45 mins)
    3. Telephone Interview technical Deep dive (1 hr)
    4. In Person Interview with Executive Director and Sr HR Coordinator

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a situation where the recommendations that you made for the project was accepted and the situation where it was not accepted and the reason why not accepted.
      2. Describe a situation where you resolved the conflicts between Business Analysts and you and how.
      3. The above question but with how did you resolve the conflicts with the Data Analysts.
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moon Township, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veolia (Moon Township, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I actually have a very detailed description, of a four person interview. However, there are simply not enough characters to write the entire thing. I will only address the worst portion.

The most catastrophic portion of the entire process was encountered at about 10 minutes into the very first person I met with. This was not the initial person I was scheduled to meet with, but other circumstances led to this being changed. No problem, this happens, and I was planning to meet with all of the people anyway. The order was not relevant to me.

HR then leads me into this individual's office (not a conference room, his office, this is always a red flag to me, especially at larger firms). Door is closed, introductions commence, I then wait to be invited to sit down, and then it starts.

This so-called "project manager" begins to grill me with questions. However, the questions are incredibly vague, and open-ended type questions. I have certainly been on his side of the table, and I quickly realize that these types of vague questions can often be evaluation type questions. Ask a broad question, then evaluate my response and how I answer. However, assuming that this specific individual possessed the ability to pose these types of evaluation type questions, is giving him far too much credit. He simply did not know what he was doing, and was basically gauging whether or not he "liked" me by asking me vague questions. This became obvious, due to what happened next. At about ten minutes in, the individual became visibly irritated and perturbed to my broad answers, to his vague questions. He was becoming angry that I was not providing "details" to his questions. Well sir, when you ask vague, un-confined questions, expect similar answers. At this point, I became shocked at what then happened. He literally puffed out his chest, in an attempt to either intimidate me or establish his authority. He indicated the following to me. "I like you, you came dressed professional (referring to my suit, which to me is standard), but I would never hire you for this position. I suggest that if you do not like that, that you should get up and leave now." I was absolutely stunned. I mean, I simply did not know what to say next and I LITERALLY began to stammer a bit as I search for a response. I had just read an article in a legitimate business magazine, indicating that it was perfectly acceptable to get up and leave an interview if things were made clear that it wasn't going to work. At this point, I literally DID start to collect my things and prepare to leave, then my conscience spoke to me and said, SIT DOWN. You cannot walk out of an interview. So I made the decision to stay. At this point, I tried to muster up something, anything, relatively intelligent to say. Which I did. He then continued to push and press. Almost daring me to leave. Again, this rattled me to an extent However, I hung in there and managed to make it through the rest of the conversation, which basically consisted of him telling me that I was not qualified and talking about my golf game. Now, as I left his office, I was in fact visibly shook up (a harbinger for the rest of the meetings), but I was also angry. This was an individual who did not have my depth or length of experience or education. He also did not possess anywhere CLOSE to the level of credentials or registrations that I possess. Sorry, but the PE registration sort of IS the defining standard in our profession. This individual admitted he never even attempted the exam due to its difficulty.

Now, for the disclaimer alert. In no way, none whatsoever, do I consider myself superior, more intelligent, or better in any way whatsoever because he didn't not have the credentials that I do. He is a project manager at this firm, so he knows a thing or two. He very well could be better at what he does, than what I do. But when you are literally berated by someone who has not endured the training and preparation that it takes to obtain everything I obtained, like it or not, it does sting a little. I was incredibly insulted, and felt the entire thing as unprofessional as unprofessional can get. If you do not like me, or feel I am a good fit...that's perfectly fine. I can live with that. But almost daring me to walk out and physically attempting to achieve a physical dominance over me as is laughable as it is stupid and unprofessional. It certainly has no place in the business world in which we exist.

This firm should be embarrassed to even employ an individual of this type. Truly shameful.

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veolia (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted right away for a phone interview and told she would be forwarding my information on for an onsite interview. This was in October. It is now almost January and my application still states 'being processed' I followed up with the recruiter once and was told she would have an update at the end of the week and nothing.. I feel at this point, this is very unprofessional and if they were not interested, should just let me know. This has changed my views on the company and I will probably not be pursuing them in the future.

Interview Questions

• My experience with Accounting/Tax law   1 Answer

Maintenance Manager Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Veolia.

Interview

Applied on line this was a former Chemours plant applied when it was Chemours. Took several weeks for someone from the plant got a hold of me. Did 2 phone interviews got invited to on-site interview. Did a one on one with plant manager then a panel with leadership team. Straightforward questions and genuinely nice people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a team member that was not pulling their weight how did you react and how did you overcome   Answer Question

The site personnel were very nice and the plant manager was very good as well. I think it would have been a rewarding job, but the total compensation wasn't equivalent to my current position. They wouldn't really negotiate and I couldn't risk a financial hardship. I don't fault the plant team or the HR. I just think Veolia is not competitive in total compensation compared to petrochemical companies and is new to chemical game. The bonus was very low for a management position and their 401k retirement program is not competitive with the industry standard.

O&M Tech III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cicero, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veolia (Cicero, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Reasonable, down to earth management interviewed me. Explained the basics of the job and asked some base questions. The tone of the interview was very straightforward and relaxed. I was asked to not over-dress and not be overly early (30minutes early MAX).

Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veolia.

Interview

Started with applying for the job on the site. Some time went by. A phone call screen and moving forward to a face to face. Normal interview questions.

Interview Questions

• would you be shilling t travel 100% of the time?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Veolia (Cleveland, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

First step was a screening interview by phone. Then there was an in-person interview. The company had a travel agency provide the flights and rental car. I flew to another city an interviewed in person with two managers, who also included me in a meeting with their team.

Interview Questions

• What is your managerial experience? Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Veolia.

Interview

Very very bad process. After 6 months recruiter replied and was having dog barking in the background from her home. Later told me after a month that hiring process cancelled and job description changed. I heard still people are interviewing and same advertisement with same description still exist.
    Be careful with company and recruiting.

Interview Questions

• Unrelated, no relevant questions or feedback on knowledge, licenses, education, skills or experience.
      Very vague inquiries related why you want to join?
      1 Answer

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veolia (Fremont, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a call late afternoon on Friday, set up an interview Monday afternoon. I met with the general manager, and the HR woman that contacted me. Their questions were about my work experience. It was one of the best job interviews I've ever had. No stupid questions like where do u want to be in five years or what are your strengths and weaknesses etc.. They stepped out of the room for a few minutes, came back in and offered me the job. I was pleasantly stunned to receive an offer so fast. Overall great experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Environmental Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veolia in February 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Called unannounced in the middle of the day. Did not ask if it was a good time or not. Started going on and on about the job while I was in the middle of some important business. I asked if I could call back later in the day as it was a bad time. The man replied "yes". I called back 2 hours later and still have not heard back after leaving a message with the receptionist. At the time of this writing that was 2 weeks ago.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer