Veolia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.7

Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moon Township, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veolia (Moon Township, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I sent in my resume and received a call shortly after for a telephonic interview with an MBA person. I was asked to explain my work experience followed by a comprehensive behavioral interview. 3 days later I received an email asking me to come for an onsite interview. Onsite interview was with a project manager and was mainly around my research experience.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Veolia.

Interview

met at on campus co op fair, campus interview organized by the university, offer given. looking for females at specific university. selected two out of the three interviewed for positions

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veolia (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Phone with hr, on-site with director and second on-site with VP. Questions were around why did I want the job and my experience. Did not ask pre-planned behaviorial type questions that were not really relevant to the experience. They were very accommodating to my schedule. Overall was a positive experience.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veolia (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with someone at their off-site hiring department then moved to an on-site interview with the hiring manager/engineer. The phone interview was pretty typical, just to make sure you can communicate effectively and that kind of thing. The lady I spoke with was very nice. She said I would hear back about the onsite interview with all the information I would need (the job was in the plant itself so suit isn't recommended.) Never heard from her or the hiring manager, so called back - the hiring department never heard back from the engineer on-site about scheduling an interview, so I never made it to the on-site interview myself.

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Veolia (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied both online and through a contact at Veolia. First unscheduled phone call from HR, then scheduled phone call with the Team Manager, then onsite interviews with several Engineers and Managers.

Interview Questions

• Why Veolia, why this particular domain, where I see myself in 5 years, general questions about my previous experience, some not too difficult technical questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Veolia (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

pretty straight forward, figuring out how to actually get the interview was the hardest part. Also had to follow up after a while because they get pretty busy and don't always answer quickly.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veolia (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with future manager and current interns. They asked me several questions about my school curriculum, why I wanted to work for Veolia and what I wanted to do after graduating.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if you found an oil spill in the plant?   Answer Question

Data Architect Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veolia (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Multiple Steps Process:
    1. Phone Screening from HR
    2. Senior Director Screening via Phone (45 mins)
    3. Telephone Interview technical Deep dive (1 hr)
    4. In Person Interview with Executive Director and Sr HR Coordinator

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a situation where the recommendations that you made for the project was accepted and the situation where it was not accepted and the reason why not accepted.
      2. Describe a situation where you resolved the conflicts between Business Analysts and you and how.
      3. The above question but with how did you resolve the conflicts with the Data Analysts.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veolia (Phila, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was in Boston and I was interviewed by Google Hangout. I applied for this position through school website. It was a great talk and my boss actually described the job very carefully. The main task is creating and updating P&ID .

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moon Township, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veolia (Moon Township, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I actually have a very detailed description, of a four person interview. However, there are simply not enough characters to write the entire thing. I will only address the worst portion.

The most catastrophic portion of the entire process was encountered at about 10 minutes into the very first person I met with. This was not the initial person I was scheduled to meet with, but other circumstances led to this being changed. No problem, this happens, and I was planning to meet with all of the people anyway. The order was not relevant to me.

HR then leads me into this individual's office (not a conference room, his office, this is always a red flag to me, especially at larger firms). Door is closed, introductions commence, I then wait to be invited to sit down, and then it starts.

This so-called "project manager" begins to grill me with questions. However, the questions are incredibly vague, and open-ended type questions. I have certainly been on his side of the table, and I quickly realize that these types of vague questions can often be evaluation type questions. Ask a broad question, then evaluate my response and how I answer. However, assuming that this specific individual possessed the ability to pose these types of evaluation type questions, is giving him far too much credit. He simply did not know what he was doing, and was basically gauging whether or not he "liked" me by asking me vague questions. This became obvious, due to what happened next. At about ten minutes in, the individual became visibly irritated and perturbed to my broad answers, to his vague questions. He was becoming angry that I was not providing "details" to his questions. Well sir, when you ask vague, un-confined questions, expect similar answers. At this point, I became shocked at what then happened. He literally puffed out his chest, in an attempt to either intimidate me or establish his authority. He indicated the following to me. "I like you, you came dressed professional (referring to my suit, which to me is standard), but I would never hire you for this position. I suggest that if you do not like that, that you should get up and leave now." I was absolutely stunned. I mean, I simply did not know what to say next and I LITERALLY began to stammer a bit as I search for a response. I had just read an article in a legitimate business magazine, indicating that it was perfectly acceptable to get up and leave an interview if things were made clear that it wasn't going to work. At this point, I literally DID start to collect my things and prepare to leave, then my conscience spoke to me and said, SIT DOWN. You cannot walk out of an interview. So I made the decision to stay. At this point, I tried to muster up something, anything, relatively intelligent to say. Which I did. He then continued to push and press. Almost daring me to leave. Again, this rattled me to an extent However, I hung in there and managed to make it through the rest of the conversation, which basically consisted of him telling me that I was not qualified and talking about my golf game. Now, as I left his office, I was in fact visibly shook up (a harbinger for the rest of the meetings), but I was also angry. This was an individual who did not have my depth or length of experience or education. He also did not possess anywhere CLOSE to the level of credentials or registrations that I possess. Sorry, but the PE registration sort of IS the defining standard in our profession. This individual admitted he never even attempted the exam due to its difficulty.

Now, for the disclaimer alert. In no way, none whatsoever, do I consider myself superior, more intelligent, or better in any way whatsoever because he didn't not have the credentials that I do. He is a project manager at this firm, so he knows a thing or two. He very well could be better at what he does, than what I do. But when you are literally berated by someone who has not endured the training and preparation that it takes to obtain everything I obtained, like it or not, it does sting a little. I was incredibly insulted, and felt the entire thing as unprofessional as unprofessional can get. If you do not like me, or feel I am a good fit...that's perfectly fine. I can live with that. But almost daring me to walk out and physically attempting to achieve a physical dominance over me as is laughable as it is stupid and unprofessional. It certainly has no place in the business world in which we exist.

This firm should be embarrassed to even employ an individual of this type. Truly shameful.