Veracode Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 67 of over 67 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Veracode

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veracode in May 2021

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter asking me for times to meet up with the hiring managers. Once I provided these times I got no response back. After a few days, I got an automated email saying that they were going to continue looking for other candidates. I asked the recruiter for feedback as to what happened and got no response. Not sure what happened but ghosting me before even letting me speak to someone is ridiculous. At least tell me what happened...

Interview Questions
  • Didn't even get asked one
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Veracode

Application

I interviewed at Veracode

Interview

Clear interview process. Screening call, followed by panel interview and final interview. Overall great and straightforward process with good communication and clear expectations. Many companies nowadays ask for home tasks but preparing a presentation is a lot better as you can put as little or as much work as you want into it.

Interview Questions
  • Prepare a presentation for an interview panel

Veracode

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Veracode in Apr 2021

Interview

Had conversation with Director around needs and what would be expected of a developer. Second Interview was a pair program coding exercise that was based around TTD. Afterwards had no feedback on interview even after a request.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Veracode

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Veracode in Apr 2021

Interview

I completed two of three steps after which I received no offer, feedback or contact of any kind. Ghosted, as the kids say. The first step was a 30 minute conversation with the head of HR. She seemed nice. The second step was a very simple paired programming kata. I definitely didn’t do well with the syntax, given that I don’t write much Java these days, though the logic was very simple array manipulation that I had no trouble with. I didn’t feel as though I had much input into the exercise overall. The interviewer talked through most of it, interrupting me frequently. There was a nervous energy to him, he seemed very rushed, stressed. I gave the recruiter my thoughts, and was told to expect feedback soon, but I never have. It’s probably for the best.

Interview Questions
  • What’s your favorite security vulnerability?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veracode (Burlington, MA) in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview process was very well organized. I thought the team I interviewed with was impressive. I got a good feel for the company, which seems like it has a strong culture.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about my interactions with customers and how I've handled difficult situations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Veracode (Burlington, MA) in Jan 2021

Interview

Very smooth and organized interview process. Meet with the BDR manager and had a friendly 30 minute conversation. Very knowledgeable and transparent in what they are looking for. Strongly recommend for people looking for a BDR opportunity.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Veracode

Application

Interview

The interview process was pretty seamless, however, after spending time onsite no one followed up with me or even sent me a rejection email, which I found super disrespectful. If someone goes onsite and spends 4 hours and does not even get an email to understand where he is in the process is pretty bad for the company

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Veracode (Burlington, MA) in Jan 2020

Interview

I interviewed for the Associate Security Program Manager position. I had a phone conversation with the recruiter, phone screen with the manager, and an onsite with five people. It was very straightforward with everyone and they all asked me pretty simple questions about my background, although one interviewer led with me asking questions, which I found odd. Something that I did not appreciate was how the process was approached. I felt like the entire team was shmoozing me and telling me that I was a really great fit the whole time, but after my last interview, there was radio silence. I sent two follow up emails and was finally sent a very generic rejection email in return several weeks later. I would have at least appreciated feedback or an update before a final decision was made considering the recruiter said he was becoming a "big fan" of me and interviewers told me at the end that I'd fit on their team really well. May want to avoid that language to be respectful of your candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veracode (Burlington, MA) in Oct 2019

Interview

Fast response time after applying. First step was a phone screen with recruiter. Next was a phone screen with the hiring manager. The third round was an onsite where I met 3 engineers and the hiring manager I had previously spoke too. Everything was straight forward in the process and the technical questions were very fair. Not too hard or easy and just enough to gauge my technical capabilities. Slight focus on Application Security.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Veracode (Burlington, MA) in Jun 2019

Interview

The whole ordeal took about a month. I went in with a referral. 2 calls in quick succession with Talent specialist and then hiring manager. Then radio silence for a week or so. Then I was brought in for half-day interviews with my to-be peers. Nice folks. I was told feedback was great. But then again radio silence. Then I got a ping to come in for last round with my to-be team. It was going to 1:1s and panel discussion. I was also handed a write up on all the fine characteristics of the previous Director who had quite in mysterious circumstances. But on the day of the interview, 2 hours before I was supposed to be there. The recruiter called me to cancel telling me someone on the panel had canceled. Then radio silence again. Now, since I am a professional I did inquire back a few times because hey! I am just a candidate, right? Maybe I just want to move ahead. But nothing, nada, just radio silence. Then! after 2 weeks, I was told sorry, we got someone else as they have more management experience. Now, here is my point. I do not mind the outcome. No, I don't. But I do mind how this company conducted itself. In the end, it was telling and revealing on many aspects. I have friends in there who tell me I dodged a bullet. Maybe I did. But the point is at least the HR does not have its house in order here because this is not a way to treat any candidate, let alone a senior candidate at that. If I had joined, I would have hated it if anyone I was going to hire was treated like this. Word gets out. It does. So moral of the story, tread carefully here folks.

Interview Questions
9 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 67 Interviews