Veracode Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Sam King
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very Good People, Good Work Life Balance (in 10 reviews)

• Company culture here is extremely important and is truly the reason that I decided to join Veracode (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The organization is experiencing the growing pains all face when hiring 150 people per year (in 7 reviews)

• No cons come to mind about working at Veracode (in 5 reviews)

1. "PM"

I worked at Veracode full-time

Pros

This is a great company!

Cons

Competence and respect for the customer and customer facing employees are two different things. I know that PM does not lack the latter. The reviewers that wrote the negative comments about PM might have confused the team that manages the product with PM.

2. "Most reviews are now outdated"

I have been working at Veracode full-time

Pros

Before reading further, you should know that Bob Brennan is no longer CEO, and that most of the PM team has left. CA hasn't taken the company in a new direction yet, and won't for the remainder of the year (by design), but next year, big changes are coming.

Cons

"You must enter at least 5 words for Cons."

3. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at Veracode full-time

Pros

Love this job. It's like family, people respect you and show you support. Very comfortable and look forward to come to work everyday!

Cons

Recently Acquired, not sure what is happening next

Advice to Management

Communicate More

4. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Veracode full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Veracode is a fast-paced, fast growing company. The culture and the people are amazing. People work hard to contribute to something they believe in.

Cons

Times of change (recently acquired by CA) can create uncertainty but so far all has gone as planned.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Post-Acq Review"

I have been working at Veracode full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bob Brennan and Sam King are truly inspiring leaders (nervous with Bob in the back seat post-acquisition that things are starting to unwind culturally). We solve important problems. Generally kind and positive people. CA Acquisition Exec is doing a fantastic job as far as acquisitions go.

Cons

Communication between Product and the front line. Product generally (second the elitist mentality - get back down to earth and take your customer-facing people and customers seriously. Also please do a better job of communication without being unnecessarily pithy.) Good people starting to leave on the heels of acquisition - going to smaller, Veracode 3-5 years ago companies. To be expected of course.

Advice to Management

Try to keep the vibrancy going that made this place special in the first place. Break up Product and put in some true democratic players that truly understand the trends and have an interest in taking customer feedback seriously.

6. "Summer Intern Experience"

I have been working at Veracode full-time

Pros

Great people and atmosphere to work in

Cons

Lacks solid communication throughout the company, resulting in often miscommunication or multiple people working on the same projects at once.

7. "Awesome Place to Work"

I have been working at Veracode full-time

Pros

Veracode is filled with smart, motivated and innovative people. The culture is great, and the people are friendly and helpful. The acquisition by CA has not changed the culture. I have been acquired multiple times and this has been the best experience by far. CA has shown that it wants to retain all employees and is working hard to ensure that the transition process is as smooth as possible.

Veracode still has tremendous growth opportunity and the right people to take it to the next phase. I am very impressed with the quality of people in services, product management, marketing, and sales. They are smart, dedicated, understand the market, and very focused on the needs of our customers.

Cons

Communication across the internal groups can be improved.

Advice to Management

Overall the management is strong. My advice would be to continue sharing information on the acquisition, being transparent, and strive to keep our strong culture alive!

"Hello? Is anybody out there? Just nod if you can hear us..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Veracode full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've never worked under the leadership of someone like Bob Brennen. I think he is probably the reason that many people who would otherwise leave, stay. He is truly compassionate, an amazing listener and one of the best coaches you will ever find.

Technology - on the pro's, we help companies do things quicker than they could with anyone else. Great in office work environment mix of open space and offices with lots of common conference rooms / day offices for use. Location of the office could be better but it also helps cut distractions by not having many close places to duck out of the office to.

Cons

Our IP Factory and PM (in reverse order, as I think IPF is negatively affected by PM). They forget about things, have screwed up priorities and what seems like little focus. I with many many others are hoping that this changes now with CA, if it doesn't we have huge problems, huge. These are the two areas that need to change, and change quick. Others in the company like recent marketing leadership hiring, sales leadership, services leaders have had HUGE improvements in the past 6 months to two years. IPF has probably stayed level while the view of PM is single handedly bringing everyone else down. We also have customers continually asking about one of our newer technologies and yet we have no idea what to say to them. I sincerely hope VC is reading these. WHERE ARE WE GOING?!

Advice to Management

Get the priorities straight, on our newest technologies (one that we brought someone in from a major analyst org) can we get updates on direction, capabilities? If we don't our competitors are going to easily overtake us. We have a limited time to deliver with customers that are continually asking, get at this or hire people that can.

"Parts are great parts not"

Current Employee - I Work With Directly With Our Customers in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - I Work With Directly With Our Customers in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Veracode full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the work here, we deliver services to customers that can really help them. Overall the work is pretty fulfilling and we have more quality people than not. Not very cliquey and the people know when to have fun and when to work

Cons

I saw a couple other recent reviews that I have to agree. Our product management, and it's leadership is inept at best. There are a couple of good PM's, but overall there is a crazy elitist attitude that comes out of PM leadership. The leadership in the group has lost any kind of credibility with most of the groups throughout the company and it would be really helpful morale wise if senior management were take this problem seriously.

The problem in PM along with a few is why there are a fairly large grouping of people I know that are halfway out the door. Everyone right now is doing business as if there isn't a lot of conversations about and actions happening that are bringing people close to walking out. Communication is lacking, clarity around what we are going to be in 6 months is lacking and pay is SERIOUSLY lacking. There are people getting offers that are 30-60% more than they are now making and I don't think Veracode has the self awareness to realize that once a few key people in each area start leaving the vacuum that starts up is going to be hard to stop.

Advice to Management

Get right with people from junior to senior. Take a true inventory, look internally and see why people are talking about leaving before it happens. The other review had a great idea, shift all your PM to CA PM's, they'll do it better. Make your PM team interview and compete against CA's PM team, you'll be better for it.

"It's not all smooth sailing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at Veracode full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong people culture, many have said this but it is true, the people (like most companies) are what make this place. You can get direct access to senior leadership and get 1x1's with just about anyone.

Cons

Not moving fast enough - the "Path to Profitability" has put a serious dent in speed. The yearly strategic direction change in sales (focus accounts, key accounts, blah blah blah) never allows enough time for a particular methodology to actually take hold, gain some maturity and see if there are any benefits.

Product management - this is the big one, they are the teeth that are broken off the gear that is keeping it from turning smoothly. There is little congruity between them and other groups. Almost no sense in where they decide to invest and where they don't. With the exception of a couple of the PM's the team should be sacked. We spend a lot of time telling customers when something is on roadmap, getting them involved, move down the road wth them only to have PM over and over come back and say they have moved something out of roadmap. This happens everywhere, but here it is with little to no communication, no consideration of where priorities should be. The group along with a couple of other reasons is the entire reason I left Veracode, there were infuriating.

Another con - often I have had folks in senior management talk about others "as examples" but with their names and in ways they shouldn't. There is also deep political talk here from senior leadership to more junior people, in a way that there shouldn't be.

Advice to Management

Dump your PM team, seriously, gut them, you would be the heroes of the company (go ask anyone, there is a reason they are the ONLY group to have lower scores every period on surveys), or now that you are part of CA, dumps your team and turn PM over to CA, they are likely to have much more mature processes and true experience in product cycles.

Other than that, don't change what you have going on with people, the people at Veracode care.

Veracode Response

May 30, 2017 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the time writing this review and your thoughtful comments. With any change there is uncertainty and we remain confident that current and future changes will help our company become even... More