Verian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verian Interview Questions

2.6

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verian (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Multiple iterations. Phone interview with HR rep who find my resume online. Met with VP/hiring manager in person and also met with 3 associates in the same role I was applying for simultaneously. Then came back for a final interview with the VP again. The entire process started in end of August and I eventually began the first week of November.

Interview Questions

• How I have dealt with a complex situation with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verian (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. From the initial phone call to the start date, everyone was approachable and easy to talk to. Being a good fit for the company culture is a top priority and the interview process allowed both sides to explore that. Unlike many other companies, the interview process is very personable and allows opportunity to meet potential co-workers, tour the workplace, meet management, and ask questions. Your resume and technical skills are very important and will be discussed, but beyond that the interview process seeks to ensure both the employee and employer will be a good fit for one another.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Verian?   1 Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verian (Charlotte, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

it went 3 rounds of interview.
    1) HR Round - it is very cool
    2) Interview with Vice president - Just discussed current role and expected
    3) interview with Technical architects - detailed technical interview

Interview Questions

• They asked in all Java/J2EE, webservice, REST, javascript libs and oracle questions   Answer Question

IT Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verian (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I got the interview after signing up at a college fair. About 3 weeks later I got a call to schedule an interview on campus. I was asked a lot of questions about my skills and what I was looking to do at the job. The staff was very friendly and It went pretty well. However, I could tell that it wasn't the Job I was looking for. I guess they could to because I got an email later saying they chose other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about Yourself?
      Tell about any team projects and my role?
      How I see myself in the future on this Job?   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verian (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Had a Phone Interview first. The manager seemed really enthusiastic about me and stated that because of my experience I may prefer to wait for a Tier 2 position opening in a few months but I could see how I would fit after a face to face. Scheduled a Face To Face interview where I found out that you have to be in Tier 1 for 2 years before they promote you and that they were looking for someone who wanted to grow specifically in the Tech Support role and not grow into other areas. I think we all established that I was looking for something more. Felt like a waste of time as I was very clear of the growth I expected during the phone interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verian.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with director which was behavioural. Later had on-site interviews with senior directors and everything was very behavioural.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verian.

Interview

Plan for a phone interview, followed by a meeting in the office and then a lunch meeting.
    The interview in the office will be with multiple managers. They ask practical questions and don't throw any curve balls. More than anything they want to know that you (1) have a true desire to be part of the organization (2) have knowledge or experience for the position, (3) are a good fit for the team...so be yourself.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't difficult, but it is a long day of interviewing when you go onsite...plan for 2+ hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy enough...be frank about what you want and expect. Get everything in writing (job details, salary and bonus structure with numbers).

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verian (Fort Mill, SC) in June 2013.

Interview

My first initial contact was with an in house recruiter/HR representative. We went back and fourth via the phone and email regarding a schedule for an over the phone interview with the hiring manager in the R&D Department. Once we agreed upon a date and time I completed my phone interview. After that was complete I was contacted about coming on site to continue the process with a series of face to face interviews with different members of the R&D team. Upon showing up to the office that day I was greeted by many of the employees in passing throughout the day. I had my initial meeting with the R&D Manager as well as an impromptu meeting with two members of the QA team. After I was finished meeting with them I went back to the recruiter/HR representative to de-brief. About a week after I received a email from the recruiter/HR representative about an offer and the rest is history.

Interview Questions

• I can't say there was anything difficult or unexpected.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verian (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied for position online via Verian website. After a couple of days, the recruiter contacted me to set up an interview with the manager of the department that I had applied with. Not much in the way of hard-core questions - a lot of "tell me about yourself and your qualifications". I felt that I asked 75% of the questions, but apparently it was enough to get me a 2nd look. Next steps included filling out a well-scripted questionnaire, and then a personality test. From there, I went onsite for face-to-face interviews. All travel expenses were reimbursed promptly.

The biggest disappointment: after the interviews, I never heard a single word from the company again despite repeated attempts to get an update. I found this to be very unprofessional as even a simple email with a "we decided to go with another candidate who better meets our needs" would have sufficed. Little things like that can turn a positive experience into a negative one.

That said, the people that I met were very nice, and the company itself seemed to have a solid strategy for growth.

Interview Questions

• What is the single greatest accomplishment of your life?   Answer Question

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indian Land, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verian (Indian Land, SC).

Interview

The HR contact was very friendly and the process started off with a simple phone interview. Lasted maybe 20 minutes. I was not local to this company and had to drive far for the in person interview (12 hrs). Although I did not expect compensation, none was offered anyway. The interview lasted far too long, taking approximately 6 hours. This may have been because I was from out of town but it felt like I met with everyone from the company. Nice building and people but the process did not feel entirely organized.

Interview Questions

• Very little was asked of my technical skills and experience. This was odd as seeing how there was no way to gauge my abilities if not asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was minimal. They gave me an absolute hard limit and would not budge. They offered less then the surrounding area but offered quarterly bonuses to make up. I found out later that bonuses were at their discretion and were rarely given. They also offered zero moving expenses and a negligible profit sharing (some received less then $100)