Verilogue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

3.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verilogue

IT Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verilogue.

Interview

I applied online for a IT Java Developer position which asked for 2+ years of prior software development experience . I received an email in two days and was set up for a phone interview the following week. Overall experience was good but I couldn't answer few questions. I was asked questions in Core Java, Advanced Java, JSON, HTML, CSS, SQL, MVC design pattern, Spring and Hibernate.

Interview Questions

• What is Abstract class and Interface? Differentiate them.
      Serialization,Comparable,Comparator,Equals method, Hash code, MVC architecture,Difference between List and Set,Fail fast and Fail safe, JSON, Dependency Injection,CSS   Answer Question
    • What are HTML media elements   Answer Question
    • Types of Joins   Answer Question
    • Checked Exceptions and Unchecked Exceptions   Answer Question
    • Finally Block   Answer Question

Linguistic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verilogue (Horsham, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was four hours long and conducted by 6 different people. Very fun, very dynamic interview. Although it was extremely long for what I initially thought would be a menial position, most of the interview sections felt more like a conversation than an interview. They expect you to initiate new topics and ask tons of questions. I felt like I was being equally assessed on the questions I asked about the company and their place in the market as well, in addition to the countless personality type questions they were asking me. Overall, you could tell interviewing was fun for them and they were excited to see candidates interested in the position. I almost didn't want it to end.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verilogue.

Interview

Spoke with HR person first, who set up phone screen with manager of dept. This led to an in person interview with 3 people, 2 directors and a manager. 3rd interview was with president of the company. Then I had to do an analysis and present my findings to a larger group.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected that I had to spend time to do an analysis and then present findings in a mock client situation.   Answer Question

Translation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Verilogue (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There was never a formal interview. All initial communications were made via email.
    I was asked to transcribe an audio clip from French to English; Which I did.

A couple of months went by. When I inquired about the hiring progress, I did not receive any response. A couple of more months went by before I inquired again. That is when I got a response back saying that I did not pass the transcription test and that I should have gotten a summary note. It was surprising because I have been teaching French, English for years and at many levels from college to corporate professional classes. Moreover, I had been ignored for months before I got this response.
    When I asked multiple times to be provided with a copy of the summary, the answer I finally got was "I am not able to provide you with follow up details regarding the test you performed for us."

To sum up, The hiring process at Verilogue is unclear and shady. I have read about companies that make people do work for them as part of the hiring process. That is how they minimize their costs. This is a good example of such companies. I just transcribed for them for free. Well done Verilogue !

Interview Questions

• Not getting a formal interview. not even via phone.
      They put me to work as soon as I established contact.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Verilogue (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Everything went so well at first. I nearly prepared to move when suddenly I was told that I got rejected without a reason. Why giving me the indication that I may be hired?

Staff Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verilogue (Horsham, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

This job was posted briefly online. I applied via the online application process, providing a cover letter, resume, and writing samples. First contact was by email. Had a phone interview with the marketing manager and was then brought in for an onsite interview. First part with marketing manager went well. Second part with CTO went horribly. MM told me CTO would come in and ask me some "curveball questions." The questions were out of scope for the particular position I was interviewing for, even though I was well-prepared regarding what Verilogue produces, what they were looking for in a writer, etc. The questions and the odd grimace from the CTO (who admittedly had a running injury that may explain it) rattled me, unfortumately. Although I was more than qualified for the job and extremely interested in it and the company, they went with another hire. I must have made a horrible impression on the CTO by not masterfully handling those "curveball questions." Disappointing since I think I was otherwise a perfect fit for the position and could have really improved their product.

Interview Questions

• How should we market (this written product we are considering hiring you to write) to market researchers vs brand managers vs XX?   1 Answer