Veris Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Veris Consulting Interview Questions

Forensics Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Veris Consulting (Reston, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I saw the job posting online and sent in my resume and cover letter. I heard back quickly and had a phone screen with the recruiter. She was very friendly and honest about the firm and the importance of a mutual fit. The next stage consisted of 3 in-person interviews and a lunch. The process progressed quickly and everyone was very responsive. I enjoyed being able to meet various people at the firm, not just the managing directors, to ask of lot of questions and get a good sense for the firm culture. It was refreshing after coming from public accounting!

Accounting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Veris Consulting (Reston, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Veris recruits on my campus and is present at a variety of events. I was selected for a campus interview, then a second round in-office visit where further interviews are conducted with a variety of executives, and then an offer was extended. The Veris interview process was reflective of what it is like to work at the firm. The interviewers are personable and honest about the process and gave me a good idea of what I could expect. I met lots of different people at different levels who shared their experiences with me.

Interview Questions

• behavioral and traditional interview questions - no case   Answer Question

Forensic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Veris Consulting (Reston, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable. I first went through an on-campus interview, and then traveled to their office for the next round. They took all the interviewees out to dinner and had us sit with two or three other candidates and one to two Veris employees. I thought they did a very good job of conveying the importance of mutual fit for the candidate and the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your career going if it begins at Veris?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veris Consulting in September 2014.

Interview

There was a brief on campus interview that took 30-45 minutes. I met the recruiter in the waiting room prior to my interview and we had a light conversation. The interview was relaxed and not difficult. We mainly talked about my aspirations and various experiences.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Veris Consulting (Reston, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Very quick and efficient interview process!

I was referred by a current employee and had a brief phone interview with the Veris Recruiter. I then visited the office for in-person interviews with three team members as well as the Managing Director.

During the office visit, I also completed a 30 minute Excel test for knowledge of beginner and intermediate formulas. I received an offer within 1-2 days of my on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Excel test that consisted of summarizing dataset into report format using beginner to intermediate formulas (If, SumIf, CountIf, VLookup). The test is not designed to trick interviewees, and is instead a straight forward assessment of your comfort level with the program.   Answer Question

Extern, and Fulltime Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Veris Consulting (Richmond, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

The externship process was the most like a typical interview, and then led to an offer to the two day program. The interviews after that were more like conversations since they had already gotten a chance to know more about me and my background.

Interview Questions

• What I was involved with on campus, and what I was interested in. It was more of a conversation than a strict Q and A.   Answer Question

Research Analyst/Survey Research Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Veris Consulting (Reston, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview and hiring process is very quick. I went from interview to hired in less than 10 business days. Overall, they are looking for entry level people who can get along with the current group. There is an Excel test included that will include basic functions such as summing, lookups and filters.

Interview Questions

• I skipped the Excel test since I was unfamiliar with it, but was able to discuss general programming logic and database administration to a level that they passed me anyway. If you want to blow them away I would focus on learning Excel - Sum, Ifs, Count, Sumif, Countif, Lookups, array functions, offsets, indirects, conditional formatting, filters, tables, etc. If you really want to blow them away learn some VBA programming.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veris Consulting in December 2011.

Interview

I was not an accounting major and about half-way through the interview, the recruiter must have realized this. It went smoothly but she clearly disregarded me after she realized I was not an accounting major.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your life when you were 'down' and how did you work through it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Veris Consulting in June 2010.

Interview

There was a limited amount of detail to be covered on the last day of the progressive style internship interview. If I were an applicant to do it all over, I would stay relaxed. There is nothing different about this interview than other ones that I had done in the past.