Veterans First Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Veterans First Mortgage Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Veterans First Mortgage

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans First Mortgage.

Interview

You will be contacted by Maria to schedule a phone interview. Do a phone interview. Come to the office to interview with three managers (separately) (they are great, don't be scared). After offer, background test/drug test... Standard things. My interview process took about two week due to Christmas and New Years, so I can't really advise to length. Maria is simply amazing at what she does and her follow through on everything she says is impressive. She is very supportive and will do anything she can to help you pass the NMLS exam if you have not already.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your experience? (Sorry can't give away the hard ones :)   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Veterans First Mortgage.

Interview

Rather simple telephone interview. Seemed scripted, though. Called from block number. Described the limited commission opportunities as new employee, but more extensive commission opportunities as a tenured employee. Described work culture as inclusive and laid back.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Veterans First Mortgage (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

friendly, quicker than anticipated. I was recruited so the process felt slightly different than others may be. spoke with two separate managers on two separate occasions. Phone interview with Talent Recruiter Maria, she is FANTASTIC.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans First Mortgage (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

they asked about experience, etc. good interview nice people they asked all the important questions, gave an accurate description of the work environment and what it entails. Very professional and informative when I asked questions. Discussed pay and benefits comfortably and proficiently. Explained job duties and expectations, created a healthy platform for discussing my questions and concerns

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in business for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veterans First Mortgage (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

Put in an interview online and was called back four days later. I was called in and sat in a room with the call center manager Lacy and the Retention Team manager, Nino. The interview was fairly easy. The hiring process was incredibly slow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Veterans First Mortgage (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I met with the branch manager in the San Diego office. (pretty nice building on the inside.) I small talked with him for about half an hour then i met two of the hiring managers that asked the real interview type questions. They were really nice and I think they would be good to work for.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Veterans First Mortgage (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

They look at your sales skills not especially your years as a loan officer

Negotiation

They had me speak to the 2nd level manager and then the manager I would be assigned to

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veterans First Mortgage (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2013.

Interview

This was definitely one of the better job interviews I've had. I interviewed with one other person for the two positions available. The interviewers were two women who managed the team I was applying for, and were both very friendly and professional. They understood that interviews can be nerve-wracking and helped to make things more comfortable by laughing and smiling. They hired the both of us right out of the interview and asked when we could start.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is one of your biggest weaknesses? Strengths?

Mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Veterans First Mortgage (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

You sit down with two of the managers and they talk to you about the position, ask you the standard interview questions, and talk to you a bit about the hours and scheduling. It's pretty informal.