Vi-Jon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.1

Outbound Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vi-Jon (Smyrna, TN) in June 2017.

Interview

This was my second interview for this position. I was intetviewed by the hr manager the first time and he scheduled my interview with the warehouse manager while he was interviewing me. They both explained the job requirements and were very easy to talk to. I now have a third interview with the direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Was I able to work ovettime.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vi-Jon (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone call with HR representative, standard background information (mine lasted 5 minutes). Phone call with VP of Sales and Director of Sales (more technical questions about background and some skill application questions) lasted around 30 minutes. I got coffee with the VP of Sales and Director of Sales for my interview, very informal, just picking my brains on the project they had lined up for me. Should be easy if you have experience with sales.

Interview Questions

• How do you successfully market an ecommerce product using copywriting and branding?   1 Answer

QC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Vi-Jon (Smyrna, TN).

Interview

There were two interviews: one with the HR representative and one with the direct manager of the department. Both interviews were pretty standard given the circumstances. HR questions were pretty vague, but easy to answer if you've been in at least one interview. Department questions were related to position specifics and scheduling.

Formulation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vi-Jon (Smyrna, TN).

Interview

Very low impact interview. The interview process begins with a Human Resources representative. They ask very, very general questions in regards to work history. After about 15 minutes of questions, they often provide a tour of the facility and pair you with the manager of the department.

The next stage was low impact as well. Very minimal questions regarding scientific and technical knowledge. The questions were more geared towards positive, personal attributes like attention to detail, conflict resolution, etc. Again, all of the questions and conversations were very stock and did not require much thought.

Interview Questions

• Not applicable. As mentioned previously, the questions were what you would expect in a general interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The position was "contract to hire."

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vi-Jon (West Palm Beach, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

meeting the mgmt staff, questions on how i handle stress, technical questions and working with people and working long hours, if i was willing to travel

Interview Questions

• Where u want to be in 5 years   1 Answer
    • Why you want to work for us   1 Answer

QC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vi-Jon (Smyrna, TN) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was not difficult - a little bit of good guy, bad guy but not bad at all. The person who interviewed me did not have much experience, but their supervisor did.

Formulation Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vi-Jon (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

First I did a phone interview with the person who became my supervisor. She asked basic questions about my background and previous/current work experience. Phone interview was done because she was working out of Tennessee, I was in Missouri. About a week after the phone interview I was called and scheduled for an in-person interview where I did two one-on-one interviews with two people from the lab -- one who I did the phone interview with and the other was another Director in the lab. About a week after that I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• I was questioned regarding specific testing procedures and product types, according to what I put on my resume that I had experience with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for negotiation of either increased vacation time or increased salary. I was able to get an increase in salary offered.

Manufacturing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vi-Jon in June 2010.

Interview

recieved a call from hiring manager who gave me a brief description of the company and financial state. Then we discussed the manufacturing plants and their capabilities, and ended with him extending an invitation for a second round.

Interview Questions

Company's HR recruiter was extremely unprofessional which made me believe the culture would not be the right fit.

MFG Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vi-Jon in June 2010.

Interview

Vi-Jon used behavioral panel interview format (STAR- Situation, Action, Result). Competencies include: Initiative, fostering teamwork, thoroughness, flexibility, Customer orientation, and results orientation. The interview took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked on a project where you felt overwhelmed.   Answer Question
    • Provide an example of a time where you improved a work procedure.   Answer Question
    • How have you taken steps to make your job easier or more efficient?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you complied with a team decision even though you didn't agree.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were unable to complete everything you needed to on time.   Answer Question