Viagogo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viagogo Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.9

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viagogo.

Interview

Interview phone screening was basic, process was similar to many other company's. Interviewer asked about 4-5 questions regarding interest in position and company. Overall there were no tricky questions that should stump you.

Phone Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Viagogo (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard process. Very quick. Applied through an agency. Called for an interview and it was very professional and relaxed. Felt the management were interested in finding out about my personality as well as my work experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Viagogo (San Francisco, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

They have several interviews, which is of course standard for most tech positions. The first interview was a phone interview by one of the engineers, to assess your personality. This was fine, I was asked many questions on how to do this or that. A friend gave me feedback that the nature of the questions asked suggested that they were trying to get ideas for me on how to solve issues they may have been dealing with, such as how to improve the speed of the website, etc.

I was called in for an in-person interview. Two people interviewed me. One of them was the "managing director". Nice fellow, thorough interview, he will go over each of your past jobs and why you left.

The software development manager, will grill you hard on various points. He is a very smart man that knows a lot about .NET. I rarely meet individuals with his level of knowledge as a programmer. However, his goal is to focus on your weaknesses and not your strengths.

After this interview, you may be asked to provide a demonstration. Expect to spend at least 20 to 60 hours working on this without getting paid if you want it to be impressive. During the demo, I was heckled multiple times by one of the engineers, for things such as the quality of my laptop, the color scheme of my web demo, etc. He generally had a very condescending attitude from my point of view.

After the demo, more waiting, and my recruiter was constantly being told that I would be hired, which was then told to me, which was then told to my family and friends, who were very proud of me for my accomplishments, especially since I come from an uneducated family that could not afford college and was setting a good example for them.

The tech manager requested that I meet with the CTO. I went into my fourth interview with the company, this time with the CTO, and the tech manager was present as well. It went ok. More rhetoric followed to my recruiter stating that the interview went well, and that I would be hired imminently. More weeks went by, and supposedly they were working on HR paperwork. It had been probably two months at this point since I had started interviewing.

I was then told that my references that I had provided were not good enough. My recruiter told me that one of my references had been contacted. However, this reference was not contacted. I provided more references, including a former manager. They did not call any of these additional references (I provided six total to my recruiter and none of them were called).

A couple more weeks went by and then I was told by my recruiter that they had changed their mind about hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• Please return to us in three weeks with a demonstration of your coding abilities, having something to do with ticket sales. Use external APIs such as Twitter, Facebook API, and async callbacks, with current .NET 4 technologies.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Year) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viagogo.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after they found my CV on Gradcracker and asked if we could setup a telephone interview. After finally replying many hours later we setup the call to be on Monday (the email conversation was on Friday).

The booked interview slot on the Monday came and went, and around 1.5 hours later I got an email from the recruiter saying he was ready to call (finally) but couldn't find my CV! After sending it through, he got back 2 hours later saying that their email system blocked the attachment, but he found it again. He said that we should rearrange the call for the day later at the same time.

This time again came and went, and I got an email from another recruiter saying that the other recruiter I was talking to was ill, and that I should use a link to book a slot with another recruiter (finally someone was taking this seriously). I booked a slot and 15 minutes late I got a call from the recruiter. We chatted for about 10 minutes about standard stuff, and two minutes later she emailed saying I passed and sent me the coding challenge (something about coordinates, I don't remember).

I completed the work and sent it through, got no confirmation that she received it. A week later I decided to chase it up and she said that the Software Engineering team were still judging it. By a coincidence I got an email 30 mins later saying that they decided to pursue other candidates. I then replied, asking for feedback. This reply was ignored.

I would not recommend applying to Viagogo. They do not value the time of applicants, nor are they willing to provide feedback.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Viagogo (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then five minute phone interview about myself and my motivations. The interviewer was very nuteral and called excactly on the time we booked it. Overall a good experience but should have emphasized more on the technical side when answering the questions, I believe.

Grad Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viagogo (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to set up a call. Only got up to the interview asking very standard questions. The person on the phone is friendly and even though it seems he might be helping you settle down but I believe every single question asked should be answered carefully. The mistake I probably made was to not answer the questions in detail, even though the person on the phone seem convinced, however, he may not necessarily be.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viagogo.

Interview

There was a first contact by phone with general questions, them by email you accept a date for a Skype Interview with more general questions. After this first round there were two more interviews with two different people and a role play.

Interview Questions

• Why Viagogo?
      Why do you want to relocate in Ireland?
      How do you manage stressful situations?
      The reasons of the tickets' prices.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viagogo.

Interview

Face to face interview consisting of the regular questions, and also a written assessment with how I would reply to an email regarding an irate customer. Spoke about how Viagogo is portrayed in the media, which is a bit of a dodgy sign.

Interview Questions

• If you saw tickets being sold for €800 would you buy them?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viagogo (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a 10-minute phone screen interview. The interviewer was very nice. I applied online, then they contacted me via email next day. Then I selected a day through Calendly, and it happened on that day.

Interview Questions

• Do I understand their business model?   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viagogo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Quick phone call with a rude lady. Was invited to an interview and met her. She didn't know what she was doing and couldn't explain what the job was about.
    Met another hippie guy that I couldn't understand his questions because he was stuttering all the time. He was nice but I felt like he was more nervous than me. He was talking about internal processes and asked me about things that only who works there would know about.