Vice Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vice Media Interview Questions

Interviews at Vice Media

2.5

Programming Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vice Media.

Interview

It took about a week after applying for the position to get an email about scheduling a phone interview. I did the phone interview, followed up and never heard back.

Internal Interview

Interview

The folks I met at the interview were great. My issue is with the HR/Recruiting team that would send updates (assume to keep me warm) and all of a sudden disappear. Your HR team is the face of your company if they illustrate a level of unprofessional behavior and disorganization ... it is safe to assume the rest of the company can't get their act together either. Very much a disappointment. I assume it is safe to say after weeks of back and forth I am not a candidate for the position any longer.

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vice Media (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online to general reporter position. Sent an email to a top editor that I got from a recruiter informing him that I applied (we had never spoke). This seemed to help -- I was fast tracked to an interview a couple days later. I was out of town, so we settled for a phone interview. When I got the call, it felt like the editor was all about being boastful about the company. When it got to me, it was an immediate switch to monotone. I realized during the interview that he was interviewing me for a different position than one I applied to and initially emailed about. It was even in a different city! I took it in stride as it was a more senior role but the questions were quite odd. I didn't hear back after the interview for a couple weeks, then when I followed up I was informed that another candidate was selected. For which job, I don't know. That specific editor has since been let go from the company.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Yood lack for the time being of this great day and yes it was much enjoyable and fun and I learned so much while I was there in the mean time of always there

Freelancer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vice Media.

Interview

Didn't go too in depth, as long as you match the style and showcase the ability to function in your role you'll be fine. HR can be a drag, and stuff takes a while to process. Pleasant all in all though.

Interview Questions

• Things related to VICE, and why I personally aligned with that type of work.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Interview

Laid back. Initial phone interview and then meet with two members of the team. One who I was replacing and the other one a hiring manager. Had an offer within a few days.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vice Media (Miami, FL) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview took place with a director and we were interview 2 at a time. He asked about our employment history and education. The interviewer was friendly and professional.

Creative Interview

Interview

It was a casual interview, and very laid back. It was more of a conversation, that allowed me to relax during it. It was an over the phone interview, which was very accommodating since I was still at school (and three hours away). It lasted about 30min tops. She asked me standard questions about myself and my past experience, and asked me if I was familiar with Vice (so doing your research is important).

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vice Media (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

1) Phone screening
    2) Phone interview with the hiring manager
    3) Take home case study and 3 hour case study presentation through google hangouts.

The interview process itself was enjoyable and the case study interesting. Following the case study, I was told by the recruiter that the team absolutely loved me and they would follow up with an offer in a few days. After not hearing back at all, I followed up with the recruiter to once again hear that an offer was coming imminently. This following up, being told I was a great fit, and then not hearing back for a long time happened over and over again. I now see that Vice has implemented a hiring freeze. Like the person below me, I was verbally offered the job and then ghosted.

Interview Questions

• - Case Study (Python Based)
      - SQL/modeling questions over the phone   Answer Question

Associate Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vice Media.

Interview

Honestly the worst interview process I've ever had. I dealt with a chronically unresponsive HR person who had clearly never read my resume. Then, I progressed to a call with the hiring manager, who asked me to do a very labor-intensive edit test. I submitted it, and heard....nothing. It's beyond inappropriate to ask experienced editors to do hours and hours of free work and then not even respond to their follow-ups. People talk, and people know that VICE doesn't have it's act together––things like this are why.