Vice Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vice Media Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.3

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vice Media.

Interview

Did a total of three separate phone screenings, including one technical interview wherein the interviewer's phone connection was terrible (which she admitted), and was assigned a coding test. Completed the coding test, which was a project, and met all the criteria and sent it off. Never heard back, from anyone, not the HR rep, not the kid I interviewed with, nothing.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vice Media.

Interview

I commuted for over two hours just to have a ten minute interview. The interviewers didn't even ask any questions about VICE or really expand on the company itself. I was only asked about one of my previous jobs, what I liked and disliked about it, and if I had any questions for them. The people I met with did not take notes or seem to be prepared to conduct the interview in the first place. The interview was so unprofessional and awkward that it made me feel uncomfortable. When the interview ended, I asked if I could have their business cards (so that I could send them thank you emails). They both replied that they didn't have any business cards. It's baffling how people like this are in charge of the hiring processes of a company. The interview process is a two way street and you should be able to sell your candidates on the company and the role. Now I realize had a very similar experience to those who wrote about their interview experiences here, as well. It was unfortunate, but I should have known this interview would be a complete waste of time.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vice Media.

Interview

There was none. I was immediately put to work for what was supposed to be a test but that lasted 10 hours. I was asked to come back the next day and so on...

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vice Media (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume through LinkedIn. A recruiter from Vice Media contacted me. The recruiter let me know about the next steps which would be speaking to the recruiter which would be speaking to the senior QA engineer. The conversation went well. The following week I was told that they would want to do an in-person interview. I showed up to the interview and met with the other QA engineers. Everything seemed positive. The senior QA engineer told me that he would send me a coding test that day. After I sent my thank you notes. When I didn't receive the coding test that day I reached out to them asking about it. They later told me that I was unqualified.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience with QA and my background.   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vice Media (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I asked someone I had previously worked with at Vice to refer me to the HR department if possible, to overcome the bottle-neck of anonymous applications. He did, and the HR person was also helpful in informing me of what opportunities were available and connecting me to the right people. But when it got to the department itself, the person I was supposed to chat with just ignored my emails

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vice Media (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email from their HR team and later on a short phone call. Came into for an interview a week later and HR followed up with me a week later about the position
    This was the most informal interview of my life. We basically just had a conversation about the job, life, and the company.
    The office looks like a sweatshop and after reading the reviews on here- I can only imagine how people there feel. Looks like everything is all over the place and not much structure. I wasn't interested in working for a company like this but it was a cool experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vice Media (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I commuted for an hour for literally a 3 minute interview. They had no other questions for me besides my past experience and if I had any questions for the interviewer. The interviewer did not try to engage or look interested during the interview. The interviewer did not take down any notes.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vice Media (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Was contacted a few days after applying. I get to the building and was impressed by how modern and tech-y the environment was. However, I was very turned off by the interview itself. I was greeted by a young girl who met with me for five minutes tops. It would have been only two minutes had I not asked a few questions about the position. She asked me only one question and then was like "Ok, we'll contact you in a week when we've made our decision." It was so clear from the get go that she was only conducting the interview because she had to, and that they already had someone for the position. I found it rude and a massive waste of time. They also never bothered to contact me again afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about about yourself and why you applied.   1 Answer

Television Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vice Media (New York, NY).

Interview

It was pretty casual, meet with three guys in one room. They just started asking me questions about my work experience, why I wanted to work here, etc... At the end they said they would send me a follow-up email, but that never happened. It seems like the type of place that will work you for long hours, which could burn you out.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work for Vice?   1 Answer

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vice Media (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview took place with a group of people, with very few questions asked, and very little interest in getting to know me. The whole interview last maybe 15 minutes (after 2 weeks of conversation to schedule it), and seemed very rushed.

Interview Questions

• Q: Which VICE properties do you consume on a daily basis, and what do you feel makes us unique?   Answer Question