Vicor Corp. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.6

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Vicor Corp. (Andover, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard HR call and salary expectations. Followed by a skype call with the manager and director of engineering asking about your background and resume and how that fits with the position. Then followed by an in-person. Judging from the Glassdoor reviews, the pay is below average anyways and a software department that wants to pay for what they get isn't the place for me. I would steer clear of this place it's not a place to grow your career but certainly a start for people beginning them.

Interview Questions

Tt was very off-putting to hear that the basis of my interview consisted of try to talk me down of my salary expectations because the company was in the suburbs and my expectations are for "city salary". Management also did not seem to have the strong skillset and sharpness that I look for in a team.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vicor Corp..

Interview

Two main rounds, one over the phone and one in person. The in person took the better part of the day and included both one on one as well as group interviews. Some interviews were about interpersonal skills and team work, others were about experience, and two were technical with math and engineering exam questions.

Interview Questions

• given the dimension of a piston and the necessary pressures, give the force required to move the marital.   Answer Question

Design Co-op Interview

Interview

Basic, met with a few different engineers got a tour of the factory, sat down answered a few basic questions about my resume and moved on to another engineer, and so on.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vicor Corp..

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard; a schedule was provided detailing who when and who for the interview. I met with the hiring manager and a few of his staff in a ono-on-one format. There was a second day of interviews at a second company site where I interviewed with other members of the staff. The process was entirely professional.

Interview Questions

• The questions were relevant to the position. Mostly technical questions to assure competence and some personal questions you should expect to get an idea of who you are and how you approach work.   Answer Question

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vicor Corp. (Andover, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was invited in to the factory for a small tour and interview for the co-op position. It was a brief 20 minute 1 on 1 interview discussing resume and academic experiences. Not difficult or intimidating at all and a very welcoming environment. Just do some research before coming in and you will be fine!

Interview Questions

• What has been the biggest hiccup for you in a project you worked on, and how did you go about solving it?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vicor Corp..

Interview

Consisted of one phone screen with manager and one on-site interview. On site interview consisted of members of the team interviewing in pairs. There were around 4 to 5 group / individual interviews. Ended with HR interview. Got feedback in few weeks time.

Interview Questions

• Core Java questions, PL/SQL, general questions about background and experience   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vicor Corp..

Interview

Had a phone interview with one of the engineers where they asked me about my background and previous experience. All the questions were rather general and geared toward getting to know me. I was able to ask a few questions at the end to better understand my responsibilities. The engineer was very helpful and descriptive about my tasks.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vicor Corp. (Worcester, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and get a phone call by the recruiter, schedule a phone interview with a manager.
    The phone interview took one hour. I was introduced about the company and then more information about the position. Then asked about the projects on my resume. Along with some behavior questions. And my skills about the job description.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vicor Corp. in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got email for phone interview. Answered the call at work. Asked me a few technical questions. But we could not agree on basic concepts. I work on firmware/embedded software that uses Embedded operating system and very complicated. But Vicor uses much simpler micro-controller and no OS. So we could not agree what firmware really means. Also some hardware questions. I agree with another reviewer, the interviewer is a little arrogant and always thinks he is the correct, refuses to
    listen. I can image it is going to be hard to work with him. Candidates come from different backgrounds
    and it is a good idea for a manager to listen and understand their opinions. A few days later got email of not good fit, which I agree.

Interview Questions

• What does volatile, constant mean? I used these in my job and have good understanding.   Answer Question

Analytical Lab Co-op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vicor Corp. in October 2014.

Interview

Easy interview, talked about experiences that you have on your resume. And then they gave a tour of the lab. Afterwards they gave a tour of the facility. The manager is very nice and very intelligent. Many of the instruments they use in the lab can be very helpful for future skills. They gave introductions to the team you will be working with, it provided comfort and an idea of what the culture was like around the work place.