Victaulic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Victaulic

2.9

Sort:

Piping Engineer Interview

Interview

I had two phone interviews and I have never received any feedbacks from them.
    Probably they expected me to follow up with them and thank them for the privilege of being interviewed

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victaulic (Bethlehem, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very structured and well scheduled interview. Travel arrangements, agenda, etc were provided well in advance. Day-of specifics were fluid and thorough. Team members were all friendly and welcoming. Had a chance to meet everyone I'd be working with both at the office and over seas. Would have enjoyed working there but my relocation plans changed last minute.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victaulic (Easton, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

Recruiter screening, HR phone interview, phone interview with manager. Onsite interview all day with presentation, test and tour of facility. Very fast process they are extremely organized and I just acted natural. They want a client facing personable engineer for this position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Victaulic (Easton, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was required to complete a phone screen and in person interview. The phone screen was completed by the recruiter, asking basic questions to get to know the candidate. The in-person interview asked for a writing sample and went into more job-specific detail.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victaulic.

Interview

Received a phone call. Basic engineering questions with a side of coleslaw. Very straightforward and the interviewer could easily seperate experience from resume boosters. It was short, informational and sweet, a bit sweeter than coleslaw.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Victaulic (Easton, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by phone. Very short interview. Talked a little bit about myself and my resume, and was told after they wanted me to intern and I had a few weeks to accept to decline.

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Victaulic (Easton, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Victaulic is regarded as one of the premier companies in the Lehigh Valley and surrounding area, and their interview process reflects that. Their process is very direct and efficient, and their HR staff executes the process with best practice-like performance. The HR staff is very knowledgeable, and they do as good a job as can be done with regards to mitigating stress on the candidates' end.

Without describing the process in detail, the interview process and professionalism of the management staff that I met with make it clearly obvious why Victaulic is such a successful company. They clearly look for the highest quality candidates, and their process allows them to get to that point. The managers and directors I interviewed with challenged me like I hadn't been while interviewing with four other companies this year so far. They also exhibited a higher level of professionalism with regard to their business acumen, punctuality, and candidate questioning/ research than the other companies I met with.

The company is honest and straightforward with the candidates as well, which is very helpful from a candidate's perspective.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had a take a real risk, and did that risk work out? If not, what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Victaulic (Easton, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview with recruiter was followed by a recorded video.
    I found the recorded video unnatural: talking into my laptop as opposed to an exchange with a person. Since I was interested in moving forward with the process I did the video recording, but I'm also not in agreement that it's okay to record (and then own) an interview with a prospect.

Interview Questions

• The questions were relatively typical interview questions. Give two examples of projects related to the job.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victaulic in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview, was with hiring manager. Lasted about 30-45 minutes. Told I would hear from them the following week, and was never informed. Overall company seemed very promising, but their lack of respect to follow up or respond to calls is extremely deminishing to applicants.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions such as: why are you interested in this position.   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Victaulic in October 2012.

Interview

The interview started out very relaxed but then quickly made a turn for the worse. I was asked to describe the structure of the company and I accidentally used the wrong term during my explanation which I immediately caught myself, corrected my error and apologized. Yet apparently the recruiter was not convinced that I understood because the rest of the interview felt like an interrogation.