Victaulic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.9

Engineering Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Victaulic (Easton, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

The process is smooth. Phone screen prior to the interview. The written test took about an hour long. The in-person interview with applicable supervisor and manager can take 30 to 45 minutes.

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Victaulic (Easton, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Victaulic is regarded as one of the premier companies in the Lehigh Valley and surrounding area, and their interview process reflects that. Their process is very direct and efficient, and their HR staff executes the process with best practice-like performance. The HR staff is very knowledgeable, and they do as good a job as can be done with regards to mitigating stress on the candidates' end.

Without describing the process in detail, the interview process and professionalism of the management staff that I met with make it clearly obvious why Victaulic is such a successful company. They clearly look for the highest quality candidates, and their process allows them to get to that point. The managers and directors I interviewed with challenged me like I hadn't been while interviewing with four other companies this year so far. They also exhibited a higher level of professionalism with regard to their business acumen, punctuality, and candidate questioning/ research than the other companies I met with.

The company is honest and straightforward with the candidates as well, which is very helpful from a candidate's perspective.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had a take a real risk, and did that risk work out? If not, what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Technical Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Victaulic (Easton, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process first started back in November 2016 after I reached out to the Human Resources department at Victaulic about the status of my application for the open position which I was applying for. The opening interview with the Human Resources department went very well and I was successful in having getting a phone interview with an individual within the engineering department. Following the phone interview, I was scheduled to visit Victaulic for an all-day / in-person interview early in December with the staff members of their engineering department.

It first started off with a Wonderlic test, which was manageable. Followed by consecutive interviews with the engineering staff. All were very easy to talk to and I felt very confident about myself right up to lunch. Right before I ate with the engineering staff, the woman in Human Resources who helped me throughout the process told me that two individuals had concerns with me since I didn't have much field experience. This weighed heavily on me throughout lunch but I was able to compose myself and go strong into the presentation I had to give. I was very thorough with my information and didn't receive any negative feedback from it. I finished my day with one final interview and then was free to leave.

I felt confident that I would hear back from Victaulic immediately following the interview because I presented myself well, showed my enthusiasm in the position and about how eager I was to work for Victaulic, but unfortunately I didn't hear anything for about 3 weeks. I was not offered a position and was not even able to receive a courtesy call to inform me that I was not selected. Instead I received a generic email stating that "while the hiring staff were impressed with my skills, they would be pursuing other candidates". This was a load of crap. I say this because while I was waiting for an update on my application status, I continuously checked CareerBuilder and Indeed. I kept seeing ads for the position being created by other services with the added "Relocation Assistance Provided". Most recently Victaulic even changed the title of the position from Technical Applications Engineer to Mechanical Engineer and it still listed the same job description.

This whole process has left me very annoyed and upset with Victaulic. I hope that this won't occur to others when interviewing with Victaulic in the future.

Rotational Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Victaulic (Easton, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

My interview process was 3 steps: About an hour phone call with an HR representative, an in person interview with the plant manager and 2 others that held this position, and a final in person interview at another location with the plant manager and a VP of engineering/operations. All of the interviews were very relaxed. It felt like a genuine conversation to get to know the role better, which I appreciated. I was able to get honest feedback on the position to further solidify my interest in this position.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the reason I want to fill this position?   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Victaulic in July 2016.

Interview

I had interviewed here previously during a rough patch, and ended up not getting a position. I received a call from HR a couple months later, saying they wanted to bring me back in for another interview in a position that better fit me. I had already taken an opportunity at a different firm by then, but I figured it would make sense to at least check it out and consider the opportunity.

The interview went really well, and I again got a good vibe from the hiring manager. There seemed to be high turnover in the department, but he was honest about it and mentioned specifically that there was a culture shift and the department hadn't been around too long. I thought he would have made a good boss and the turnover didn't bother me - he actually made it sound exciting to come develop the department.

The main issue for me was that I had just accepted another position, was happy, and wanted to see it through. I let them know after a long weekend (before the offer came in) - mainly because I could tell they needed to fill the position fast and didn't want them to think I was holding a potential offer as leverage. One of the toughest emails I wrote in a long time.

It was a tough call. For anyone out there considering an offer from Victaulic, it's a safe bet. I'm hopeful to join this place the next time I'm looking for a change.

Interview Questions

• No trick questions. They are going to be honest with you and expect you to be honest back. They want to hire for the long term.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Victaulic.

Interview

Had a phone call with the HR lady that went very well. They asked me to come in for an interview and to bring in some of my work. They liked what I had brought them. Had me fill out some background check info and within a week had another phone interview that went well. It was more of a get to know me call more than anything. That day I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• they asked about what was going on in my programs and what else I had done before   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victaulic.

Interview

Received a phone call. Basic engineering questions with a side of coleslaw. Very straightforward and the interviewer could easily seperate experience from resume boosters. It was short, informational and sweet, a bit sweeter than coleslaw.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Victaulic (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I met a lady from the HR department at my school and told her about my interest in working for their company. I made a follow up call 2 weeks later and had an interview with my prospective manager about a week later. The interview was very easy and straight forward because I had a pretty solid resume.

Interview Questions

• They were basically what I had on my resume.   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Victaulic (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Very, very tough to get a 3rd interview. They seem to invest a lot in the hiring process. If the regional likes you you'll get a second online test. This is where you need to shine. I'm not sure if the second part was timed, but the first part of the online test was basic math, engineering problems and what seemed like logic 101.

Interview Questions

• Online "Pradco" test, interview, another LONG online test, another "Traveling" interview. You go to their corporate office.   1 Answer

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victaulic (Easton, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter for a pre-screen telephone conversation that took about 15 minutes. We then scheduled a phone interview. It was a 45 minute interview with manager of the department about my experience and the open position. Mainly asked questions about project work and coursework, but it was an entry level postion. I tought it went really well, but never heard anything nor got a response to follow up email I sent. Overall, average experience with Victaulic.