Video Gaming Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Video Gaming Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2018

2.8

Scrum Master Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies in November 2017.

Interview

Both HR and the department manager ghosted me. Met some of the team at a conference and was given the manager posted his email address to submit a resume directly. He forwarded it to HR. HR reached out asking for my salary range on a Thursday via email. I was not contacted on Friday. The next Monday I was left a voicemail stating it was a final attempt to reach me after several tries. I tried calling back immediately but the phones were not working on their end. I sent an email right away stating I had not received any communication since Thursday but that I was indeed interested in interviewing. HR sent me an email apologizing and scheduled a 30 minute phone interview with no description or expectations for the call besides who it would be with. The call was with the scrum manager and agile coach. To my surprise it was a technical interview not a typical first interview to discuss the actual role. I was scheduled for a second interview which was onsite but it took two weeks due to the manager and agile coach being out of town. Onsite interview was about two hours long. First panel was with a scrum master, dev manager, Product Owner, and agile coach. The second panel immediately following was with the scrum manager and another scrum master. I was told I would hear from HR within a few days and the decision would be made within a week. I followed up with proper etiquette after the interview. I never heard anything back even after reaching out to both HR and the manager.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Franklin, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

This office felt like a dirty casino minus the cigarette smoke. Got a weird vibe as soon as I walked in. Interview consisted of like 4 rounds of 3 people at a time, asking literally all the same questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about testing a slot machine? List the steps.   1 Answer
    • How are you with assembling machinery?   Answer Question

Mathematician/Game Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Reno, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

They sent me some problems to work on, calculate probabilities, and write a bit of code to verify the probabilities. I did this, then they asked me to rewrite the code in another language. I did that. Then I heard nothing at all for a month and a half. Finally I received an email just saying they'd gone with another candidate, that was it, no other feedback or anything. This was, in my opinion, a bit rude after the amount of time and effort I put into the process.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the probability of a player winning bingo in a particular way (given a detailed method of drawing bingo balls)   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies.

Interview

If I recall correctly, I had a phone interview and then a panel with two attorneys. The (phone) panel interview went very well. it was a pleasure speaking with the attorneys. However, in the rejection, it came to my attention that I did not have the M&A experience they were looking for. M&A experience is not on my resume and I never indicated I had such. What is more, at the time that I applied, it was not indicated that this was an absolute requisite. It was presented as a more corporate generalist role. In the year since I interviewed, the position has been listed about 2 additional times. What is most unfortunate is that VGT, along with many others, are not looking to grow a candidate. They seem to be looking for a very specific type of candidate.

Skills can be taught and subject matter can be learned, focus on the candidate.

Interview Questions

• No incredibly difficult questions other than asking me about M&A experience that I clearly did not have.   Answer Question

Scrum Master I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Franklin, TN).

Interview

Phone screen by hiring managers.
    Absolutely terrible 30 minutes. It was a quiz about agile scrum mostly.
    Never learned a thing about the position.
    They even misquoted me during the interview. 30min mark precisely they said thanks and someone would be in touch with next steps. Instead, I recieved an email next day informing me that I am not going forward.
    Worst phone screen Ive ever experienced. Try it for yourself if you dont believe me.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Franklin, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online at the end of September in 2016. The process was 2 1/2 months long. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies at the Franklin, TN location in October and November 2016. I was offered the job in December 2016.

Interview Questions

• What computer skills do you have and what programs are you comfortable using?How do you handle stress and pressure?What is your greatest strengths? At VGT, we like to think of ourselves as a team that works together towards the same goals. How do you feel about working in a team environment?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies in April 2016.

Interview

Two phones interviews, one on site. Interview on site was very relaxed setting with basic questions about education, experience, and personality. Both types of interviews were casual in nature and I felt very prepared for both with minor preparations.

Interview Questions

• How my skills best applied to the position I was applying for. Also, they put a very big emphasis on culture and the interaction of employees.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Reno, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

Informal interview at college fair, followed by on site interview at offices. Super nice, flew me out for 3 days, car rental, 4 star hotel all paid by the company. Interviewed with 3 engineers
    , mostly asked about previous projects( academic) and my roles in them. Couple of basic tech questions inheritance, polymorphism, classes vs structures.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Nashville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Total of 4 rounds. 3 telephonic interviews and 1 face to face interview. First one by Technical recruiter. Second by studio manager. Third is technical interview by some engineer. Last one is face to face interview with 3 ppl and 1 joined in video conference. The whole process took 4 weeks and I didn't get any reply from them after the interview even after mailing them.

Sr. Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Tulsa, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

Intense interview for 4 hours, met with VP, Sr. Manager, HR Manager, Engineering Manger and support staff. Gave tour of Manufacturing and operations facility along with focus on supply chain and inventory process. Strong Client focus on all roles and very customer oriented.