Video Gaming Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2018

2.8

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Reno, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

Informal interview at college fair, followed by on site interview at offices. Super nice, flew me out for 3 days, car rental, 4 star hotel all paid by the company. Interviewed with 3 engineers
    , mostly asked about previous projects( academic) and my roles in them. Couple of basic tech questions inheritance, polymorphism, classes vs structures.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Nashville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Total of 4 rounds. 3 telephonic interviews and 1 face to face interview. First one by Technical recruiter. Second by studio manager. Third is technical interview by some engineer. Last one is face to face interview with 3 ppl and 1 joined in video conference. The whole process took 4 weeks and I didn't get any reply from them after the interview even after mailing them.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Franklin, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online at the end of September in 2016. The process was 2 1/2 months long. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies at the Franklin, TN location in October and November 2016. I was offered the job in December 2016.

Interview Questions

• What computer skills do you have and what programs are you comfortable using?How do you handle stress and pressure?What is your greatest strengths? At VGT, we like to think of ourselves as a team that works together towards the same goals. How do you feel about working in a team environment?   Answer Question

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Franklin, TN) in May 2018.

Interview

I was initially called by the recruiter for a phone interview. I spoke to the recruiter and he set me up with a phone interview with the hiring manager in Las Vegas. After speaking to her, I was scheduled for a 1:1 interview in Franklin, TN. During my interview I met with the HR Manager and the Vice President of Human Resources during my meeting. After my interview, I video conferenced with the hiring manager in Vegas. After the in person interview I was scheduled for an additional phone interview with a different person in Las Vegas.

Everyone I spoke to was extremely nice and easy to talk to. The hiring process took a little longer than expected but it was worth the wait.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies.

Interview

The process was simple and quick. I applied for the position, a couple of days later a recruiter reached out to walk through my work history, went over the company history and values.

A few days later another person reached out to me from the HR department to set up a phone screen with me to speak with the hiring manager. I thought she was able to answer all the questions I had about the job in great detail.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies in April 2016.

Interview

Two phones interviews, one on site. Interview on site was very relaxed setting with basic questions about education, experience, and personality. Both types of interviews were casual in nature and I felt very prepared for both with minor preparations.

Interview Questions

• How my skills best applied to the position I was applying for. Also, they put a very big emphasis on culture and the interaction of employees.   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies.

Interview

If I recall correctly, I had a phone interview and then a panel with two attorneys. The (phone) panel interview went very well. it was a pleasure speaking with the attorneys. However, in the rejection, it came to my attention that I did not have the M&A experience they were looking for. M&A experience is not on my resume and I never indicated I had such. What is more, at the time that I applied, it was not indicated that this was an absolute requisite. It was presented as a more corporate generalist role. In the year since I interviewed, the position has been listed about 2 additional times. What is most unfortunate is that VGT, along with many others, are not looking to grow a candidate. They seem to be looking for a very specific type of candidate.

Skills can be taught and subject matter can be learned, focus on the candidate.

Interview Questions

• No incredibly difficult questions other than asking me about M&A experience that I clearly did not have.   Answer Question

Network Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Tulsa, OK) in November 2013.

Interview

Technical Recruiter > Hiring Manager Technical Phone Screen > In-Person Interview. The hardest part was getting the technical recruiter to respond back. The in-person interview was with the local manager and video conferencing with the Director of IT. No whiteboarding, just answering questions over basic networking.

Interview Questions

• Explain TCP, Default Routes, Route Filtering, FHRP Protocol differences   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Franklin, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

This office felt like a dirty casino minus the cigarette smoke. Got a weird vibe as soon as I walked in. Interview consisted of like 4 rounds of 3 people at a time, asking literally all the same questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about testing a slot machine? List the steps.   1 Answer
    • How are you with assembling machinery?   Answer Question

Business Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Tulsa, OK) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone screening 3 times, followed by in person interview at local office with video conference of upper management from TN. It was a group interview though and I'm not sure if it was intentional or not but they positioned me next to the video screens which means you're constantly looking left and right and start to feel like you're on a firing range.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard history questions, asking for examples and situations in my field, a few light scenario questions, etc.   Answer Question