Video Gaming Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2016

2.6

Scrum Master I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Franklin, TN).

Interview

Phone screen by hiring managers.
    Absolutely terrible 30 minutes. It was a quiz about agile scrum mostly.
    Never learned a thing about the position.
    They even misquoted me during the interview. 30min mark precisely they said thanks and someone would be in touch with next steps. Instead, I recieved an email next day informing me that I am not going forward.
    Worst phone screen Ive ever experienced. Try it for yourself if you dont believe me.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies in April 2016.

Interview

Two phones interviews, one on site. Interview on site was very relaxed setting with basic questions about education, experience, and personality. Both types of interviews were casual in nature and I felt very prepared for both with minor preparations.

Interview Questions

• How my skills best applied to the position I was applying for. Also, they put a very big emphasis on culture and the interaction of employees.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Reno, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

Informal interview at college fair, followed by on site interview at offices. Super nice, flew me out for 3 days, car rental, 4 star hotel all paid by the company. Interviewed with 3 engineers
    , mostly asked about previous projects( academic) and my roles in them. Couple of basic tech questions inheritance, polymorphism, classes vs structures.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Nashville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Total of 4 rounds. 3 telephonic interviews and 1 face to face interview. First one by Technical recruiter. Second by studio manager. Third is technical interview by some engineer. Last one is face to face interview with 3 ppl and 1 joined in video conference. The whole process took 4 weeks and I didn't get any reply from them after the interview even after mailing them.

Network Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Tulsa, OK) in November 2013.

Interview

Technical Recruiter > Hiring Manager Technical Phone Screen > In-Person Interview. The hardest part was getting the technical recruiter to respond back. The in-person interview was with the local manager and video conferencing with the Director of IT. No whiteboarding, just answering questions over basic networking.

Interview Questions

• Explain TCP, Default Routes, Route Filtering, FHRP Protocol differences   1 Answer

Compliance Technical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Franklin, TN) in February 2012.

Interview

The process was about 7 months of crazy. Phone call interview was first. Then 3 personal interviews lasting about 3 hours each. Then a board of interviewers asking questions before and after lunch. This was 6 hours total. It was about a month later I was asked for a drug test date. One month later I was informed there was and offer coming. There are np promotion. So what you are hired as is what you stay. Four years and zero people have EVER been promoted. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Know your SCRUM, Agile, ISTQB. Study hard on these and story points, backlogs. Know all the SCRUM players what they do and how. Know what is the difference PMP and SCRUM. Then the next day you will start with your QA testing question. TestTrack, Jira and Perforce programs.   1 Answer

Business Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Tulsa, OK) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone screening 3 times, followed by in person interview at local office with video conference of upper management from TN. It was a group interview though and I'm not sure if it was intentional or not but they positioned me next to the video screens which means you're constantly looking left and right and start to feel like you're on a firing range.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard history questions, asking for examples and situations in my field, a few light scenario questions, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Video Gaming Technologies (Charlottesville, VA) in September 2009.

Interview

Lengthy interview with two people at a time for 5 sets of people. Overall not a bad experience but made a long day. Lunch was decent enough although the interview continued on the way, during, and on the way back from lunch. I did manage to eat something though. Most people were decent however I felt one was a little persistent regarding the use of some tools. Once the interview was done, the turn around to an offer was fairly quick.

Interview Questions

• The main one wasn't a real question but more of a disagreement where one person thought a certain toolset was GCC based and I disagreed. They tried to get me to say it was one way or the other however I didn't honestly know as it was a tool I used and not one I maintained.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was out of work at the time and had been for a month. Money = good, no job = bad.