Viewpoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viewpoint Interview Questions

2.5

Entry-Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Viewpoint (Portland, OR).

Interview

Started off with an HR screening on the phone, and then 2 on-site interviews, the first being more of a general tour of the building and workspace, and a discussion with 2 of the engineering managers about my experience, and the second on-site interview meeting with 2 teams for technical interviews. It was a great experience, literally every person I met was very nice and professional, it was very impressive. The first time I've interviewed somewhere where I didn't meet at least 1 person that wasn't as professional or nice as they should have been.

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viewpoint (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a two part interview process. The first was a phone screening with an HR representative. That went fine. The second part was another phone interview this time with a development manager.
    The interview seemed to go fine. The questions were pretty much what you would expect for a QA manager position. The disappointing thing is I never heard a thing back from them. The courtesy of a phone call would have been appreciated.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate the QA team?   1 Answer

Sales Repretsentative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Viewpoint (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

A series of phone interviews with Sales Mgrs. Had to do a webex on a selected topic for a team of folks. Took about 45 days to complete process but overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• It was very conversational and nothing too diffucult. The Director asked what my Trial Close was and also asked about my Sales Process.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viewpoint (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Late and unprofessional. Had no time to talk since the person was going on vacation. Was going to transfer to several other people. Never heard from the company again. So many negative reviews on Glassdoor, perhaps HR should read them.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Viewpoint (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Two part process with a phone call with the QA manager and then an on-site interview where I drove down to Portland and went in for a few hours to talk to the manager and different QA team members. Was a great interview process, everything went really well, and the manager was friendly in showing me the whole office and how they wanted to grow and bring in new employees.

One week later I got a response letting me know that they all liked me and wanted to continue further with the opportunity implying an offer going through HR. After over 4 weeks and a few emails from me asking where we were at and for an update they finally called me. They let me know that they had internal shifting and the position was no longer being offered even though I was the first choice and an offer had been planned.

Overall a frustrating experience and I'm just glad I continued talking to other companies during the process instead of waiting a month for an implied offer that never came. Would recommend waiting some time for the company to settle before applying.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between an outer join vs an inner join in SQL.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viewpoint.

Interview

The website to fill out the application is a little buggy and when HR did get a hold of me the information I provided on the website wasn't available to them. The HR people will send you about a dozen emails trying to set things up and you are passed from one HR person to another.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was pretty weird because I was expecting harder technical questions. The people were mostly nice but they bad mouthed people who weren't in the room. They did not like upper management and did not trust the direction the company was moving.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

previous work experience

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I interviewed at Viewpoint (Portland, OR) in February 2013.

Interview

Viewpoint is owned by Coaxis. The hiring (QA) manager was 20 minutes late in calling me for the scheduled phone interview. He said "sorry" for being late and that he was having "trouble with printing out my resume" but the QA Manager showed the most disinterest I've ever experienced in doing a phone interview.

He wanted to know about my background and some reservations that he had about my resume which I explained. Never really got any deeper into it or followed up any significant questions. A complete deadpan attitude.

Interview Questions

• I asked the hiring manager what was exciting about working for Viewpoint.   1 Answer

Field Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Molesey, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Viewpoint (East Molesey, England (UK)) in June 2008.

Interview

I was interviewed by the MD of the company and my line-manager, it was very informal and friendly - and I had to keep reminding myself that I was in an interview. The questions were straightforward - they asked about my work ethic and about the University degree I'd just completed, as well as chatting about hobbies and interests. I felt that they had decided from my resume that they wanted to hire me as long as I was personable and friendly - so the interview was to determine this.