Vince Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vince Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Chestnut Hill, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vince (Chestnut Hill, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied and was called for an interview. We went to the restaurant around the corner and talked one on one. She was incredibly comforting and I was not intimidated at all. I was asked about my commission experience, retail preferences and team skills. Overall, the interview took 30 minutes. I was offered a job within a week.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal style or brand?   1 Answer

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vince (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process generally takes requires two interviews where they'll ask you various questions about your selling styling, work preferences, and what you can contribute to the team. The interview process generally takes up to a month.

Interview Questions

• How did you build your client book? What was a difficult situation you had with a co worker and how did you over come it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vince (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Basically just show them your portfolio, it was fast and simple they didnt really ask question you need to present as best as you can do by yourself. They are looking for ones that have very strong skill and very high level of taste, best to prepare something that relate to the company or do a project that relate to the company as a part of your portfolio

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vince (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process lasted for about a week. I was called in for a 1:1 interview with the store manager. It went great at first, the manager called me the same day and asked for a phone interview with her District Manager, which happened the very next day (although she was late for the phone interview). I then had to wait about 4 days before I heard back from them. The store manager called me back and out of the blue asked to have a 3rd interview with another store manager that I wasn't even going to be working with, which I thought was strange, but of course I obliged. I met with her about two days later and had a basic interview. They all gave me positive feedback once the interviews were done, so I had hope that I may get the position that I was completely prepared for. The next day I received a brief e-mail from the original Store Manager (who had admitted that she was very absent minded)I had interviewed with and only told me that they had decided to go forward with another candidate. This was completely unfair, after all the time and effort I had put into these interviews and the lack of professionalism I received, especially towards the end. I do not recommend working for this company, yes the merchandise is great, but from the staff interaction it does not seem to live up to the standards

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for the company   1 Answer
    • On a slow day, what would you do to increase sales?   Answer Question

Freelance Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vince (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was called back within two weeks. Had the normal phone interview and within a week I had an in-person interview scheduled. My interviewer asked basic skill related questions, looked at my portfolio, and asked several questions about interpersonal relationship skills. Overall very professional and easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a challenge with a garment in production. What did you do to improve?   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vince (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

In person 1on1 information interview applied and scheduled within 1 week. The entire process was very professional and efficient. Make sure you do all your interview preps before attending. The selecting process does takes longer than two weeks.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about yourself.
      2) Why do you want to work for us?
      3) How does your previous job prepare you for this position?
      4) What kind of boss are you looking for?
      5) Tell me about a project that you have failed, and how did you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vince (Newport Beach, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was super easy. I went in and submitted my resume in store and immediately got a call back for an interview. I interviewed with the key holder of the store for my first interview and got a call a few days after from the manager offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Vince?
      Tell me about your background?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vince.

Interview

The hiring process went well, I was scoped by the corporate executives in New York to interview at the Los Angeles corporate store. I went in and interviewed with Gaby the following week and it was kind of award..... Once again another company who hires by the color of your skin and not the content of your resume. These people loved me over the phone because I sound like a white girl, but when they seen that I was black it was a turn off.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vince in January 2015.

Interview

There isn't a Vince. physical store yet. The new store would be opening in Camarillo Premium Outlets on Feb. 1 so we had our interview in a nearby Starbucks.

I submitted my resume 3rd week of December and received a call on Jan 5. and had the interview the following day. The interview lasted for about 10 minutes. They were really nice and more of a getting to know type of interview. nothing very hard.

They asked situational questions, too, so be prepared for that. After the interview, they said they'd give me a call.

then a week after, I received an email saying that they have decided to proceed with another candidate.

I like the fact that they gave feedback immediately after a week as some companies keep you hanging for weeks.

Interview Questions

• If you were to shop in Nordstrom, which brand will you be? It doesn't have to be us, we just want to know your style.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vince.

Interview

It was very quick. As soon I submitted my resume, I got a call back within the two days. I met up with the district manager when she was in town checking out the new store. She was very nice. We basically talked about my experience with retail and outlet, and she talked about how the store would be run. An offer was made a week later but because there was another store opening in another city, I didn't find out what my pay and benefits are and I didn't want to accept unless I have it on paper until two weeks later.