Virgin Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virgin Media Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.9

Access Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Croydon, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a call from Hayes Recruitment asking if I wanted to apply for the role of Field Access Technician. Had a telephone interview with Hayes all went well. I was then asked to attend an assessment day at Factory Lane office. The one to one interview did not go well as I thought it had even though I had over 19 years experience in the cable industry. I don't feel they were looking for experience technician.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with an irate customer, Give an instance where you gave good customer service   Answer Question

Commercial Deal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hook, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Hook, South East England, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

So relaxed and easy, had to make sure I didn't get too relaxed. Seriously, that's how interviews should be, candidates should be made to feel comfortable so they can deliver. Rather than grilling candidates they were genuinely interested in my experience and me to figure how i would fit in the team and company ethos. This shows they really do care about the employees, the environment and the company. The process was also efficient, well managed and communication was great. Cant wait to start.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain a situation where I had experienced difficulty in getting information required.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate

SOX Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Media (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

3 Stages:

First stage: Online Psychometric Tests- The usual Saville Tests, just practise them regularly and you will be fine.

Second Stage: First interview with some qualified SOx managers- Very friendly and relaxed interview. They want to know about your personality and why you're interested in the role.

Final Interview: Interview with the head of SOx compliance. Very friendly again but a little more formal. Interested in what you can bring to the role that others can't.

Retail Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Media.

Interview

Keep clear from interviewing for retail stores!! As with almost every virgin media hiring the process starts with a telephone interview which is simple enough and I was told over the phone in that very same conversation that I did brilliant and now I just have to wait for the store manager to have some free time to interview me. That was a month ago and I've been following up with them weekly each time to be told "soon". At this point I've given up. The store manager clearly doesn't care

Interview Questions

• What would you do if I customer who wasn't sure what phone they wanted came into store   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prescot, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Prescot, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview process was nice and easy it started with an online assessment followed by a telephone interview which was very relaxed i felt at ease with the questions , after i passed this i waited a few days and then i was invited to a Face to Face interview to which i thought went extremely well and i have now been invited to a Job Appreciation Day to show how i would get on in the role

Interview Questions

Virgin Media Response

Apr 20, 2017 – Social Media and Content Manager

Hello! Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us. We are pleased to hear that your interview went well and that you had a positive experience. We wish you all the best in the future!

Senior Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by whiteboard presentation with Q&A. For the telephone interview the interviewer did not call on the agreed day and I received no notification that he was not going to call. Eventually my recruiting agent managed to contact Virgin and we rescheduled the interview. After the telephone interview I was called for a face-to face interview with two people. The interview took an hour. After that I received no update whatsoever from Virgin. My recruiting agency was unable to contact anybody in their HR department for almost two weeks. Eventually he got through and was told that while I was the best prospect so far they were as yet unable to find any other comparable candidate for comparison. To me that seemed a very odd thing to say. That, over a month later, is all I've heard from them, nothing else. My details on Virgin's applicant portal were not updated either. One of the questions below is about whether the candidate got the position or not, I can't answer that question as they never bothered to get back to me., A deeply unprofessional and insulting way to treat a candidate. Unique in my over 25 year's experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you build an infrastructure which would do what ours does?   Answer Question

Field Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

Decent guy, but emphasised how hard the rejection is and spent literally 30 minutes talking about exactly that.

Also said there's little career progression from this role and that you'd be better off in something else as we want people who do this job for life, get a good commission and never leave or go higher.
    Not really what you want to hear.

Interview Questions

Virgin Media Response

Mar 29, 2017 – Social Media and Content Manager

Hello! We really appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with our Managers. Our Values include being ‘Straight-Up’ and this means we’ll be honest and up-front about the challenges ... More

Business Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position via a recruitment agency so did not have to complete the video interview I've heard so much about from other candidates. I did, however, undergo a phone interview and screening with my recruiter who then put my CV forward for the assessment centre phase.

Prior to attending the assessment centre VMB sent me links to their careers website which was incredibly helpful, had lots of information on the company/ role and gave a brilliant insight into the company culture. This was also key, along with my own research, for preparing for the assessment day and I was pleased that I put in the extra time to research everything thoroughly.

The assessment day was great fun and not at all aggressive or domineering like other sales environments/ interviews I've been to. The staff who my group met with were friendly and welcoming and very accommodating of everyone's questions. The initial assessment involved a group task with lots of discussion/ debate and then a short group presentation. The task was fun and engaging and even though the interviewers threw in some curveballs and questions to challenge us, it was all done in a very open and constructive way.

Shortlisted candidates were then given the opportunity to complete a personal interview which included a series of theoretical and competency based questions. I found the interview challenging as there were a lot of questions but it was still enjoyable and got me thinking in a fun way rather than a stressful one. Actually, it was this part of the recruitment process that really sold the company to me and it was great to be able to ask questions of my own.

I found out, the same day, that I had been made an offer and was genuinely shocked (and thrilled) because I felt the other candidates had been so strong that I wasn't completely sure how well I had performed in comparison. All in all it was a great experience and I can't wait to start in my new role. I'm a firm believer that interviews should be a two-way process that gives both parties the opportunity to test the potential fit and Virgin Media Business did a brilliant job of enabling this.

Interview Questions

Virgin Media Response

Apr 20, 2017 – Social Media and Content Manager

Love that you had such a positive experience and congratulations on getting the job. Sounds like things went smoothly and you rocked it. We appreciate you taking the time to share this and welcome to ... More

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gloucester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Gloucester, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

presentation followed by a maths test and a normal interview the presentation had to be 5 minutes long and by power point then i did normal 7 interview questions lastlya maths test which was very easy the whole thing was very laid back i would say they were very good and laid back would recommend to anyone this is got to be 50 words now

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with adifficult customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

i knew already the salary i was offered 12500 start then the money goes up to 20500 after 1 year so be advised to discuss that you would like this to go sooner so make the whole process quicker

Apr 20, 2017 – Social Media and Content Manager

Hello!! First of all, congratulations on getting the job. Sounds like you handled the interview process really well and your overall experience was great. Thank you for taking the time to share! We ... More

Community Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin Media (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview- 1st Stage

This was a 30 minute phone call where they spend the first 5 minutes confirming your details. As well as additional information like how far you live from office, driving history etc.
    It's fairly informal short and snappy. They want direct answer and advise you that they will cut you off if it is not what they are looking for. It's very much a guided interview with lots of questions. The lady I spoke with was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what you know about Virgin Media.   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a time when you were rejected and how you managed this.   Answer Question
    • Three reasons you are a good fit for this role.   Answer Question

Apr 20, 2017 – Social Media and Content Manager

Hey!! Awesome to hear that you had a great interview. It would be interesting to find out how we could have made your experience more positive! If you would be willing to share that information ... More