Virgin Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virgin Media Interview Questions

Interviews at Virgin Media

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. Online application, a week later got a call to interview. I was sent a schedule of how the interview would progress and what was to be covered. Also had to do a Saville Wave personality test.

All in all the interviewers were very friendly and it felt more like a conversation with colleagues than an interview.

Interview Questions

• In what ways are the skills you have transferable to the job you’ve applied for.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to deal with a particularly difficult situation, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

People Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin Media.

Interview

I have found the whole application process to be quite easy going and stress free. I successfully completed the online application form, which lead to being invited to a video interview. This was something that I found to be completely out of my comfort zone. The video interview consisted of around 8 questions - you were given 30 seconds to prepare for each question and then around 3 minutes to record the answer. Some of the questions towards the end were more simple and required yes, no answers, so you were only given 30 seconds to answer. From this I received a phone call from Virgin Media, which I found to be extremely relaxed. I was asked a variety of questions and was given the opportunity to ask questions myself.

Interview Questions

• What interested you about this particular intern?   1 Answer

Virgin Media Response

Mar 13, 2017 – Social Media and Content Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are sorry to hear that you were unsuccessful! However, don't stop trying! We are always looking for red hot talent to join... More

People Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hook, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Hook, England (UK)).

Interview

Good interview process, friendly and relaxed but professional. Initial phone interview covering the basics on current situation, followed by an in-person interview where they went through my experience and key skills in relation to the job. Final phase to meet who would be my Line Manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions on each of the company values with an example of how you have done something in relation. Time I had made a difference and innovated.   Answer Question

Learning & Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Media in April 2016.

Interview

No Job specification was provided even after emailing the recruitment manager twice for it! The interviewer cancelled out a day before the interview and re-scheduled. The L&D lead was clueless about L&D principles and the HR business partner wss yawning during my interview! Took them 3 weeks to get back to me with an update. Recieved an email with no feedback! Worst interviewers I have ever met.

SOX Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Media (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

3 Stages:

First stage: Online Psychometric Tests- The usual Saville Tests, just practise them regularly and you will be fine.

Second Stage: First interview with some qualified SOx managers- Very friendly and relaxed interview. They want to know about your personality and why you're interested in the role.

Final Interview: Interview with the head of SOx compliance. Very friendly again but a little more formal. Interested in what you can bring to the role that others can't.

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dudley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Dudley, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Online questionnaire. Phone interview. Assessment day. Also included a presenting talk with a hiring manager. This presentation was about the Virgin values. And you had to relate those values to your life or work experiences

Interview Questions

• When did you go above and beyond in customer service and why.   Answer Question

Assistant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Internal interview with a senior managers based on standard (but not available) set of questions checking candidates match to Virgin Media model behaviours.Generally competency based with open questions such us:"describe when you improve a process" or "what makes you frustrated at work and how you deal withn it"? Nice, friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Explain when you improve a process or how do you make sure that you provide an excelent customer service?   Answer Question

I have not had enough accounts experience despite giving "really good answers".

Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hook, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Hook, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a basic competency based interview with a short SAS test on paper. I did some preparation for the questions but got the feeling that they really just wanted to know if I would fit in with the rest of the team.

The SAS test stumped me a bit as I'm not used to writing code by hand. I thought I'd done really badly but was told they only really use it for HR to make sure they employ someone who has actually been on SAS before.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time when you delivered exceptional customer service? What does exceptional customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Virgin Media (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview Details – Went through the online application, answered the questions, sent in C.V and covering questions. Was then invited to do an online video interview. They asked questions like "what extra curricular activities are you involved in?" and "tell us about an advertising campaign that you really admire?". I then received a voicemail on the Friday evening inviting me to the assessment centre, telling me they would call me after the weekend. They never called and when I eventually called them around 2pm on the Monday, they told me they had given priority to the candidates that they managed to get hold of - so essentially a first come first serve basis!

Interview Questions

• Interview Question – What do you think about our most recent advertising campaign - tricky as I had already spoken about the Virgin Media campaign in a previous question   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin Media in December 2017.

Interview

Pre-recorded video interview, where a few questions were asked and then you had a limited time to reply. There was no option for a trial, once you recorded your answer it was submitted straight away

Interview Questions

• What is it about Virgin Media that appeals to you over other companies?   Answer Question