Vista Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vista Health System Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vista Health System.

Interview

Applied online, Phone call screening regarding available positions. Initial Interview with director of psychiatry dept, followed by interview with HR and clinical team members. Review of experience and interest in the position, tour of facility.

Clinical Psychologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vista Health System (Waukegan, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Took place in spring 2015
    Stated process with a corporate flak who gave me very high quality promotional materials. Time spent: 40 m
    Then met with potential supervisor. Time spent:10 m
    Last meeting: potential co-worker who would also be my only "teammate"
    Time spent: 30m in hell. She was the rare social worker with a nasty demeaning belittling attitude. In interview, it came up that I started as a social worker. When I returned to school for my doctoral degree not one of the social workers or I heard of the. LCSW credential. She very loudly insisted that "it was around you have no idea what you are talking about"
     Vista offeted $60 G w benefits for psychologist position which was great. Except it was not just for doing psychology. It included 3 other job titles and specs:
    Medical Biller: expected to do billing dept's work on their demand-benefits checking/patient accounts. I am not trained as a medical biller
    QA: scheduling telephone treatment reviews w/ins. I have no BS in QA. The QAs I know are usually very highly qualified RNs
    Arriving before day program patients to unlock door and check them in. Done by line staff

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vista Health System (Waukegan, IL).

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call from HR within a week. Went in for interview 1 week later. First met with HR Director in a very brief interview. Was handed a benefit overview booklet at the end of the interview and was brought to meet with the Director of the department which was another very brief interview. Department manager was answering phone calls and text messages during interview. Very little time to ask questions. The interview process seemed very rushed and unorganized. Was offered a position on the spot and told to look for a formal offer via email. 1 week later received formal offer from HR. After asking questions regarding pay and scheduling, 1 day later I received another email revoking the offer stating they were unable to meet by "demands" and that I "wouldn't be satisfied in the department." Very unprofessional overall.

Interview Questions

• None. By both interviewees I was asked what I do at my current position and why I wanted to work in this specific department   Answer Question

Once offer was received I asked for a slight raise in pay, and what were the required weekends/holidays. 1 day later offer was revoked and was told that they were unable to meet my "demands"

Counseling StudentPsychiatry Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vista Health System (Waukegan, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Met with director of psychiatry dept. and the adult outpatient program coordinator (an LCPC). I was asked standard questions about my previous experience in counseling/psychology, my future/career interests, some personal belief (counseling-related) questions, and some situational questions. Once the interviewers were finished with their questions, I was given a detailed description of the typical treatment day, clinical populations treated, resources available to employees, and employee expectations. Both interviewers were very friendly. Interview lasted about 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• "Without using 'buzzwords' that plague psychology texts, describe what you believe is the most important aspect of the therapeutic process?"   1 Answer
    • "What would you do if a patient began discussing active suicidal thoughts/intentions within the context of a group therapy session?"   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vista Health System (Waukegan, IL).

Interview

The interview process was simple. I applied online and was contacted by HR about 3 weeks later. I went for an initial interview with the HR rep, and then spoke with the Department Director immediately after. The interview questions were simple and basic, like "what are your strengths" and "why do you want this job" etc etc. I was then called back about two weeks later to come back to interview with another Director, which was also a quick and easy interview. It took a while to hear back from them, it was about another month before HR finally called me back and made me an offer. I accepted the offer and started two weeks later.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vista Health System (Waukegan, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

This organization does not know how to interview. I was not asked one valid interview question. I was told many statements, but never asked any questions. The "peer interview," was a joke. They were more interested in eating lunch. I asked all of the question. The CNO and CEO were both over a half hour late and then just gave me statements and again asked me no questions. The interview was drug oput over three weeks. I guess this should have been a tip off to what a terrible place this is to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was some room for negotiation. They do offer a competitive salary. The benefits are not great.