Vistage Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistage Worldwide (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough. It started with a 10-15 minute phone interview with HR, then interviewed with hiring manager and team members, next met with VP of department and lastly with Chief Human Resources Officer. Everyone has to interview with this person before a job offer is made. By the time I was hired I felt like I had a good understanding of the position and company culture.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vistage Worldwide.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, on-site interview with hiring manager, informal interview with team members (more like an inside look into the department and position) then finally meet briefly with department VP and Chief Human Resources Officer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your previous work experience has prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Chair Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vistage Worldwide.

Interview

Vistage leverages several surveys including predictive index during the screening process. they are extremely thorough and have full time staff to handle interviewing and vetting candidates in each region.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my experiences as a CEO - leading, building leaders, growing company and people   Answer Question

Chair Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vistage Worldwide (Tucson, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview: interviewer (female) was very abrupt, almost rude, and did not really answer questions posed to her especially about things in the region for which I was applying. She had no info to provide me, she contradicted the qualifications clearly stated for the position and got defensive when I very nicely asked her about this.

Interview Questions

• Constantly asked questions for which she would have known the answers if she'd read my resume.   Answer Question

Mar 14, 2017 – Director, HR and Employee Experience

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. Vistage is committed to continuous improvement and creating an environment which enables success. We would love the opportunity to... More

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Vistage Worldwide (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone and face-to-face interviews with several executives. Lots of scenarios to showcase understanding of how to best sell Vistage services to its diverse client base. Personality testing for Vistage culture and values.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistage Worldwide (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly unprofessional. The Human Resources contacts were disorganized, late and ill prepared to discuss the position. I was not impressed with the recruiter or the department executives. I was actually embarrassed on their behalf.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Dec 15, 2016 – Director, HR and Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Vistage is committed to continuous improvement and creating an environment which enables success. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to... More

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vistage Worldwide (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

As you probably already know, Vistage does most of its actual client-facing work through 1099 consultants, usually experienced business executives, who "chair" groups of CEOs or small business executives in their home cities.
    I was recruited by Vistage and went through the process. It starts with several interviews with recruiter(s), followed by a WebEx with a regional Vistage exec or execs, followed by an invitation to their San Diego training event. At the end of the event (which I paid to attend, along with all my T&E), I was told that they decided they already had enough people to support the city in question.
    I enjoyed the experience of talking with them, received very positive ongoing feedback and was quite surprised that the fact that they didn't need people in this position didn't come up until the end of the process which took several months of my time and Vistage's.
    My other comment is that it is an enormously time-consuming process for both the candidate and I assume for Vistage given that these are 1099 roles. I've successfully applied for actual employment with much higher earnings potential and actual benefits with significantly less effort.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news to an employee or a key client.   Answer Question

Vistage Group Chair Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistage Worldwide (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

A series of "personality" and skills tests, followed by a Skype interviews with the recruiter at company headquarters and the regional vice-president, then in-person panel and group interview, plus constant evaluation during the 5 day training session.

Interview Questions

Vistage Worldwide Response

Jan 11, 2017 – Director, HR and Employee Experience

Thank you for sharing about your experience!

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistage Worldwide.

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone call. The next level is an on camera Skype interview. Then there are some online evaluation tests to score your abilities. Then a follow up interview in person with the area rep. If you make it this far you will be invited to a training session. A week long in San Diego at your expense.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were some role playing situations where you coach a CEO or Business Owner.   Answer Question

VISTAGE Group Chairman Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistage Worldwide (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Role play, situational and behavioral interview questions, questions regarding purpose for seeking this position, business acumen, coaching competency, and sales ability ... multiple interviewers, continued screening throughout training program. Looking for authenticity, perseverance, integrity, purpose, autonomy, contribution orientation, leadership, confidence, and desire for lifelong learning and growth.