Vitamin World Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Vitamin World

1.9

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vitamin World (New Haven, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

Simple and laid back. The turn over rate is pretty high for the company, at times people are desperate for help. Store Managers go through a lot of associates, its hard to trust the next person that you're interviewing because you get burnt out from bad employees. The interview is right on the sales floor because there is barely any hours or staff besides the store manager at times. Store Managers rely heavily on all the staff because 3 people run the entire store.

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability? Why would you be a good fit for the company?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I got a call to set up interview arrived at the store meet with the store manager. Next, we walked out from the store to the food court had little chat about my previous experience and I received job application to fill out at the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay is ok just go for sales position if you want to make better money working for this company

Senior Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin World.

Interview

we do 2 interviews and they have to be looking professional when they come for the interview. They also have to go online and apply there as well. They also have to take a test to get listed on the website for hiring.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Tucson, AZ) in November 2010.

Interview

I handed in my application in person and was called back for an interview the next day. The manager was very nice and not intimidating. I thought he would be seeing as I am a girl and it was a store full of guys. He was very organized and professional as well. He didn't waste anytime with small talk and started the interview immediately which I liked because it didn't waste any of our time.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

interview with district manager who was almost an hour late (that should have been a warning). Asked the usual why do you want to work here blah blah blah. Plus questions on supplements, your commitment to learn and follow the scripts while aggressive selling and having sales goals.

Interview Questions

• What supplements do you take?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They do not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process was to the point. The manager was prompt and on time. Very professional. After the first interview, I had a phone interview with the district manager. He asked me important questions pertaining to the job as in sales and what not. It was a easy and pain free process.

Interview Questions

• have you ever worked in sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Athens, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was easy. I was hired on the spot. The store was not doing very well and I think they wanted someone younger to help run it. The area director was there as well, he seemed not to care much about who I actually was, he was just excited that someone was there. It was the easiest job interview I have ever recieved.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vitamin World.

Interview

Brief but to the point. Covered everything needed for the job. It was just covering your sales experience and knowledge of health supplements. You come into the store after phone process. He makes sure your not insane looking (they are all pretty religious/conservative). After initial interview progress he test your sales skills. You must try to sell "packages" or multiple vitamins for one health condition.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Basic interview questions, did an online application, took 2 weeks to get a call back. They do a background check, but mostly look for theft of some kind. I had to do a follow up interview with the district manager over the phone. He did ask me to sell him something.

Interview Questions

• 5 characteristics that best describe you?   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Gary, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

I went into the store looking for a part-time job and they were hiring. The interview process was very easy. I was asked some questions I had to answer on paper; it was a skill review test. I then was called for an interview a few days later. I interviewed with the store manager and it went well. She sent me for a drug test. That took about a week before they got back with me that I had the job. It was approximately a two to three week process from the time I went into the store and asked about a part-time job until I started working.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for V W and why do you wan to sell vitamins? Have you sold on commission before?   1 Answer