Vitamin World Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.0

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Fairfield, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied to the Vitamin World in Fairfield, CA. Interview was casual with the manager doing it in the store (she was the only one on shift). Surprisingly, a very short interview. She mostly asked me questions about my availability and whether I had reliable transportation. Overall, the interview took maybe 5 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Asking me about my sales experience and supplement knowledge, and how I would handle different situations with customers. She asked me about where I see myself in 1year 2 years 5 years with the company, if I was comfortable with selling and making commission.

Interview Questions

• To tell them of a time I dissagreed with my supervisor and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Detroit, MI).

Interview

It was comfortable and a general understanding of expectations prior to leaving the interview
    A selling example was even and asked to be replicated while being interviewed in the store so a clear understanding of VW policy and procedures were capable of being done comfortably

Interview Questions

• What are some of the supplementstore I take   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vitamin World.

Interview

Brief but to the point. Covered everything needed for the job. It was just covering your sales experience and knowledge of health supplements. You come into the store after phone process. He makes sure your not insane looking (they are all pretty religious/conservative). After initial interview progress he test your sales skills. You must try to sell "packages" or multiple vitamins for one health condition.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on Indeed.com and received a call the next day from a store manager. Him and I discussed my background in retail, and asked when I could start, would I be willing to relocate etc. I received a call a couple days later to meet with District Manager. She was very kind, enthusiastic about the company and asked what store was the closes to my house. Received a call the following Monday with a offer. Looking forward to start with this company.

Interview Questions

• What results have made with your company? How would you say on payroll hours? How do you prevent shrieking.   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I got a call to set up interview arrived at the store meet with the store manager. Next, we walked out from the store to the food court had little chat about my previous experience and I received job application to fill out at the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay is ok just go for sales position if you want to make better money working for this company

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin World in July 2015.

Interview

Casual, they inquire about past sales experience, personality, character qualities that reflect salesman, availability, school schedule (if any). I was interviewed mostly by the assistant manager, and he was pretty stoic in personality, his goal was to discover how I would act with customers. Overall it was an easy interview, didn't get any questions that I felt like I couldn't answer correctly/truthfully.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 outstanding qualities you would describe about yourself?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Marlborough, MA).

Interview

Sat down and asked some questions, told me a bit about the company and how great it is and how much I can potentially make (lies). I applied online and met the store manager and then phone screened with the district manager. Store manager doesn't generally hire a lot so process wasn't perfect but not to bad. If you're half motivated you should be a decent fit here, assuming you're ok with being way underpaid

Interview Questions

• Why am I a good fit for this job etc. all the basic stuff   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Port Richey, FL).

Interview

The interview process was more of a do you know what you are doing, and here is an introduction to the store kind of thing. I was asked more than a few questions about my work history, though I had the distinct feeling that my references were checked. Once my background check cleared I went to one of their training stores to learn the register and sales pitch, then the store was mine. Not much to it with the right experience. The interview is more of an informal let's see what you know than a "how can you handle this situation".

Interview Questions

• Will we see anything in your background check?   1 Answer

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview and then I met with the DM and he explained about the company and how there is a base pay plus commission. The base pay was a joke at $12.00 dollars an hour for being in charge of a store.

Interview Questions

The pay was too low. A store manager at $12.00 an hour plus commission.