Vocollect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vocollect Interview Questions

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview at first place, hr will ask some general questions, then you will get an on-site interview if everything goes good. On-site interview include three person, technique manager and two sr developers. They will ask you to answer the programming questions and write the code on white board.

Interview Questions

• whats the different between java and other programming languages.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vocollect in August 2013.

Interview

After filing the online application, HR contacted me to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. After speaking with the hiring manager, I was brought in for a full day of interviewing, starting with a presentation to a group of about 15 people. Throughout the day, I met with about 8 people.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer a LOT of behavioral questions (i.e. Describe a time where you had to convince someone of an idea that was not well received.) Each interviewer had a sheet a paper with several questions and they all had to go over and what looked like a rating scale.   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vocollect (East Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

The process was great. the only hard part was waiting for the background check to go through. It took sometime. The interview process is long. you have to meet a few people and speak with them on the phone and then in person

Interview Questions

• i was ready for that that interview. Prepared myself for weeks   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vocollect in January 2013.

Interview

Recruiter was itmotives. Received a mix informal and formal emails from the recruiters and second phone call with their IT hiring manager just as bad (used obscenities).

They became very unprofessional in the end due to competing offer. Wanted to change from full-time to contract-to-hire position and have me start earlier than I could. This was due to issues with Vocollect HR. Still was considering, but never received enough details about company culture and growth.

Was given a verbal offer but decided not to go forward due to unprofessionalism and defamatory language. Very glad I didn't go through with this.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vocollect (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with 1 manager and 2 other supervisors. Standard interview...nothing really stuck out as difficult or unusual.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vocollect (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

I had a 30-minute recruiter phone screen with standard resume review and standard situational questions ("tell me about a time that you had a complicated project for which you had to plan"). I then had a 30-minute phone screen with the hiring manager. The recruiter and Vocollect HR person communicated well about the next steps, and within 2 weeks I was invited for a full day of interviews. Everyone does a presentation in the morning on their resume and background and why you fit into the Vocollect culture. This approach is an excellent way to avoid the same resume questions the whole day. I then had 6 interviews with the team with whom I would be working, one of which was with my future boss for lunch. Lots of questions about their challenges and how I could help, and I felt the answers were extremely honest. They told me within a week that I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our products and market?   1 Answer
    • Please give a presentation on your background   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated longer vacation, and I think managers are generally given some flexibility about packages. Also, HR was very formal (too much so in my opinion) about negotiations, so try to deal with your manager directly in the negotiation phase.

Corporate Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vocollect (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2010.

Interview

I was recommended by an employee. I first met with the hiring manager during the first round. The second round consisted of interviewing with a colleague from my group as well as the director of a support group along with a couple of his direct reports. The third round of interviews was with the hiring manager. I felt the process was very thorough and professional. It was very important to the company that the candidate was a fit for both the skills/responsibilities as well as the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a time when you did not voice your opinion effectively enough. What were the results?   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vocollect (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

Typical process includes screening by HR, a 30 minute phone interview with your direct supervisor and then about half a day of interviews with up to six people. These people would be peers, direct and indirect managers, other department heads, or anyone else that was available. After interviewing the hiring decisions were relatively quick and HR would do a drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were typical HR fluff. The panel interviews were different and each person could ask their own questions. One that sticks out, "Describe your home network setup."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating is non-existent at the lower level jobs. HR is very strict with salary information and claim to include all experience and skills into the initial offer.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vocollect (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed for the Senior QA.It went very well with all the team members for almost 3 hours...I have answered all the questions they asked.Also, I did ask several questions related to their process etc etc..and overall it was very good.After that,I stepped into the Hiring Manager room,who has no knowledge in QA.He asked my all irrelevant questions and walked out with great dissapointment.

Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vocollect (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2009.

Interview

phone interview, presentation, testing and individual interviews

Interview Questions

• explain an experience when you had to report an issue of an unethical situation   1 Answer