Voith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2018

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Voith (New York, NY).

Interview

Did only the phone interview. Learned more about the company and what they were trying to do with this new role. He did not sound happy to be giving the interview, and felt like he was reading off a script. Due to that, I really didn't want to continue the interview process with their company.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my previous experience and details regarding the different languages I have worked with.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Voith.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about 2 weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. I received an offer a week after the interview The person I interviewed with was very soft-spoken and had an accent making the interview a little tricky but the person was very nice and accommodating when asked to repeat himself. Overall, the application and interview were fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• How much compensation to you hope to get? What role do you tend to taking in a group project (leader, follower, micromanager, etc)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a certain pay rate and the manager said that was reasonable but to expect a lower offer. We meet in the middle.

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Voith.

Interview

Applied online. I was called for interview. When I arrived, the individual that normally does the interviewing was out of town so the interview was conducted by two individuals that didn't normally do interviews. It was obvious. They never called back.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most difficult experience with a supervisor.   Answer Question

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Voith (Greenville, SC) in June 2014.

Interview

I meet with a member from the corporate office to interview for a maintenance tech position and instead I ended up meeting with the Regional Manager and another member of management and was offered the supervisor position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations and fast pace environments?   1 Answer

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Voith (Appleton, WI) in December 2013.

Interview

Long and painful. Expect to be hire about 2 months after first interview. You start with a phone. Then you go to personal. Then you know if you got the job. Then a formal interview at Appleton to tell you about the organization. One or two weeks later you get a offer and start working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hard. You may get another 5K at best.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Voith (Appleton, WI) in December 2014.

Interview

They showed the nice working environment and asking something about the resume. They were very interested in my further plan of my career. Some questions are like why you choose engineer as your job

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Voith.

Interview

Very straight forward interview process.
    No tricky questions.
    Interviewers were very supportive to understand the candidate's skills. They tried to comfort the candidate while answering. interview started with Tell me about yourself - a basic standard question. It is ended up with some more detailed engineering questions.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Voith (York, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Chaotic as any other aspect of the company. Interviewers spoke to each other in German frequently which I find very Rude. Were very familiar with my resume and were not interested in asking foolish questions, just technical ones

Interview Questions

• Typical what have you done in the past stuff. All technical, none of the HR soft skills scenarios like if Martha was married to Frank and Dated John.............ad infinitum.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Voith.

Interview

Company is hiring many positions. They cannot retain talent. Offers are at or above market values but don't take the offer. Others in the local finance department are underqualieifed and are being let go requiring more job postings. I think the company should review their department and make more prudent hiring decisions. I worked here for less than a month because it was very much a mess. Head hunters will tell you the same about Voith just ask any local head hunter.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waycross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Voith (Waycross, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very long. It consisted of 2 phone interviews, a face to face with the plant manager and then a group interview. It all took about 4 weeks before I finally heard back from the plant manager. By then I had already accepted another offer.

Interview Questions

• My favorite experience as a supervisor   1 Answer