Voith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2018

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Voith (New York, NY).

Interview

Did only the phone interview. Learned more about the company and what they were trying to do with this new role. He did not sound happy to be giving the interview, and felt like he was reading off a script. Due to that, I really didn't want to continue the interview process with their company.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my previous experience and details regarding the different languages I have worked with.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Voith (Raleigh, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online for two positions, was called to interview for one. The interview took place over an online conference call and lasted 1 hour. I was told it wouldn't be a technical interview, that the second interview would be, so I didn't prepare to define statistical concepts off the top of my head. The first part of the interview consisted of a long history lecture of the company, then the chance to ask questions about the position, afterward you are told to elaborate about yourself and your professional experience, and lastly they ask technical questions.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Voith (York, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Chaotic as any other aspect of the company. Interviewers spoke to each other in German frequently which I find very Rude. Were very familiar with my resume and were not interested in asking foolish questions, just technical ones

Interview Questions

• Typical what have you done in the past stuff. All technical, none of the HR soft skills scenarios like if Martha was married to Frank and Dated John.............ad infinitum.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Voith.

Interview

Company is hiring many positions. They cannot retain talent. Offers are at or above market values but don't take the offer. Others in the local finance department are underqualieifed and are being let go requiring more job postings. I think the company should review their department and make more prudent hiring decisions. I worked here for less than a month because it was very much a mess. Head hunters will tell you the same about Voith just ask any local head hunter.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Voith (Raleigh, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I participated in both a phone interview, which was very easygoing, and a face-to-face interview, which was also very relaxed. The phone interview consisted of going over the position and some questions about myself. The face-to-face involved more detail about the position and a few behavioral questions. Both interviews were conducted with two managers and an HR representative and all three of them were very nice and tried to make me feel comfortable and at ease.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waycross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Voith (Waycross, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very long. It consisted of 2 phone interviews, a face to face with the plant manager and then a group interview. It all took about 4 weeks before I finally heard back from the plant manager. By then I had already accepted another offer.

Interview Questions

• My favorite experience as a supervisor   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Voith.

Interview

Very straight forward interview process.
    No tricky questions.
    Interviewers were very supportive to understand the candidate's skills. They tried to comfort the candidate while answering. interview started with Tell me about yourself - a basic standard question. It is ended up with some more detailed engineering questions.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Voith.

Interview

Got a call from HR to set up an phone interview. Had the phone interview with two employees who asked about my resume and filled me in on what the job involved. After the phone interview they said they would call for a face to face interview but got a call from HR a few weeks later and got the job offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Voith.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about 2 weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. I received an offer a week after the interview The person I interviewed with was very soft-spoken and had an accent making the interview a little tricky but the person was very nice and accommodating when asked to repeat himself. Overall, the application and interview were fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• How much compensation to you hope to get? What role do you tend to taking in a group project (leader, follower, micromanager, etc)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a certain pay rate and the manager said that was reasonable but to expect a lower offer. We meet in the middle.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Voith (Appleton, WI) in December 2014.

Interview

They showed the nice working environment and asking something about the resume. They were very interested in my further plan of my career. Some questions are like why you choose engineer as your job