Voith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Voith Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.5

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Voith.

Interview

Company is hiring many positions. They cannot retain talent. Offers are at or above market values but don't take the offer. Others in the local finance department are underqualieifed and are being let go requiring more job postings. I think the company should review their department and make more prudent hiring decisions. I worked here for less than a month because it was very much a mess. Head hunters will tell you the same about Voith just ask any local head hunter.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Voith (Raleigh, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I participated in both a phone interview, which was very easygoing, and a face-to-face interview, which was also very relaxed. The phone interview consisted of going over the position and some questions about myself. The face-to-face involved more detail about the position and a few behavioral questions. Both interviews were conducted with two managers and an HR representative and all three of them were very nice and tried to make me feel comfortable and at ease.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waycross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Voith (Waycross, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very long. It consisted of 2 phone interviews, a face to face with the plant manager and then a group interview. It all took about 4 weeks before I finally heard back from the plant manager. By then I had already accepted another offer.

Interview Questions

• My favorite experience as a supervisor   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Voith.

Interview

Very straight forward interview process.
    No tricky questions.
    Interviewers were very supportive to understand the candidate's skills. They tried to comfort the candidate while answering. interview started with Tell me about yourself - a basic standard question. It is ended up with some more detailed engineering questions.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Voith.

Interview

Got a call from HR to set up an phone interview. Had the phone interview with two employees who asked about my resume and filled me in on what the job involved. After the phone interview they said they would call for a face to face interview but got a call from HR a few weeks later and got the job offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Voith.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about 2 weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. I received an offer a week after the interview The person I interviewed with was very soft-spoken and had an accent making the interview a little tricky but the person was very nice and accommodating when asked to repeat himself. Overall, the application and interview were fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• How much compensation to you hope to get? What role do you tend to taking in a group project (leader, follower, micromanager, etc)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a certain pay rate and the manager said that was reasonable but to expect a lower offer. We meet in the middle.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Voith (Appleton, WI) in December 2014.

Interview

They showed the nice working environment and asking something about the resume. They were very interested in my further plan of my career. Some questions are like why you choose engineer as your job

Training and LMS Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Voith (Appleton, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

Worst I have experienced in 20+ years.
    I had to deal with 5+ different HR employees, with varying rates of success, and most were out-of-state. Corporate office is completely disconnected from their branches, and they have a recruiting company 'head-hunting'.

Interview Questions

• Can you work with people from the South   1 Answer

The HR Department is horrible, internal politics and mis-communications are evident across the board.
    Expected BG/DS was Mickey-Mouse on the local side and was sent to 'First Advantage' a company the BBB rates as poor, and took an extraordinary amount of time for them to properly process.
    Time from 1st phone interview to actual start-date, 5+ weeks?!

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Voith (Greenville, SC) in June 2014.

Interview

I meet with a member from the corporate office to interview for a maintenance tech position and instead I ended up meeting with the Regional Manager and another member of management and was offered the supervisor position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations and fast pace environments?   1 Answer

Voith IT Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Voith (Wilson, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview process starts first with a call from an internal HR recruiter, who asks what is you expected salary range. Once given first round panel interview time is set, you will meet with the local director, and senior leadership, and given a history lesson on the company and it many departments, after which a few question will be asked to validate your knowledge of the position and personality, if all goes well you will have second round interview with the team you will be working with who also have there own challenge questions for you as well. after this if successful an offer will be presented to you.

Interview Questions

• The difficulty level of the question may very by you not expected to be a rocket scientist or any thing like that just have a good understanding of the actual position.   Answer Question

I asked a few resonable questions and did not get answers, additionally the salary offer was off from the initial salary range I gave at the very beginning and it was a ways off from the state and national salary average for that position. If the salary would have been closer to the state average salary the out come would have been different.