Vokal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Vokal

2.8

Junior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vokal (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

First there was a basic phone screen. After a short discussion, I was asked to come in for a one hour code challenge. After successfully completing it, I was asked to return the next week for another code challenge. After both challenges, I also spoke with the engineers who proctored the challenges.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I didn't have any experience.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vokal (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I had worked with a current employee at Vokal in the past and was contacted about an open position. I used the job posting on their website to submit a resume and references. Then had a couple of phone interviews followed by testing challenge which was a buggy fake website.

Interview Questions

• What sort of tools do you have experience using for testing.   Answer Question

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vokal (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screen by the hiring manager (director of product) followed by an in-person interview within the same week. The hiring manager said he would provide feedback within a week, but I never heard from him again despite my attempt to follow up.
    I think it is important for any companies to respect prospective employees' time especially those who make the effort to travel for the on-site interview. It is basic courtesy

Interview Questions

• Give me a name of Saas product that you like and additional features that you would like to see on such product   Answer Question

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Vokal (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

In-person interview after email exchanges with the director of product. Then a follow-on interview with the head of project management. A subsequent phone call, then a freeze while they waited for the expected project to land. In the end, they stopped the process as the work wasn't there. The whole process was a bit odd - rushed at first as there seemed to be a good fit and existing demand; then drawn out as things changed internally at the company.

Interview Questions

• Pick an existing product. What would you do to develop a new feature and then to drive adoption?   Answer Question

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vokal (Remote, OR) in January 2018.

Interview

Emailed with the company recruiter, then a phone call, then a Skype call with the iOS team lead, and finally a coding challenge. Overall they were very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Basic coding challenge, given one hour   1 Answer

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vokal (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Two tests, one in Swift, the other in Obj-C. Prepare to spend 3 hours here. I passed both tests, but I haven't gotten an offer nor an explanation of as to why. For those that are preparing for an interview at Vokal, remember to read the contract they provide you.

In the literature of the contract, it states that any code that you create while employed at Vokal, it is the property of Vokal. So even if in your off hours, on your own computer you create your own app, it is not yours. It's Vokal's, which is complete malarkey. So make sure you contest that in the contract as they're essentially trying to make you into a slave for a standard software engineer salary.

Interview Questions

• They asked me something about how do I deal with pull request conflicts from commenters?   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vokal.

Interview

Took about a two weeks to decide to hear back from an in person interview. Easy and fun they are looking for smart people who also want to learn. They want to see you can also fit in the work culture as it is a big part of the work day.

Android Developer Interview

Interview

Had two coding problem with two different people. Very easy ones. Then had group interview with whole team of 5 people over Hangouts (they didn't fly me out), which made me think I was soon to get the job, but I didn't hear back for a couple of days after the interview which is a sure bet that you'll be rejected. As expected, got my rejection notice.