Volcom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.5

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Volcom (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Smooth, solid hr communication, multiple interviews and presentations. Met with HR, small team, big team, president. Was required to present a test design project for the category I was applying for.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Volcom (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

Got an interview 5 days after applying online. Super casual one-on-one interview with the store manager. She asked me what I knew about the company and the culture behind it.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Volcom (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Phone interview and then in-person interview. Relaxed interview with questions regarding past experience and why does the role appeal to me. I would ask if there is room for growth and why did the last person in this role leave?

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volcom (Costa Mesa, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

2 week. Scheduled far in advance and then heard back 3 days after. Applies online then was asked to come into the headquarters to interview. It was simple and the interviewer was very nice. She asked a lot about my computer skills and if I knew formulas etc.

Interview Questions

• Basic, mostly about experience and why I think I would fit at the company   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Volcom (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

I applied through their website, wrote a cover letter and was e-mailed to come in for an interview by the HR (2.5 months later). It was an easy-going interview process. You do not have to wear formal attire. Wear modest yet fashionable attire.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked about previous experience, what I did there, what my future plans were, why I wanted to intern there. It was a very casual, conversational interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Free, no pay

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Volcom (Orlando, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

There was only one interview after submitting my resume. I interviewed with the store manager and assistant manager at the same time and the process took about an hour. They called me back within a week to write me a formal offer

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Volcom (Orlando, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Very basic questions about previous work experience and a role play about how you would handle a retail situation. Very relaxed interview. Asked questions about how you can relate to the company and the industry. There were questions about previous work experience and why you would be leaving another job for the job you were applying for.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volcom (Costa Mesa, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

...Was standard. Met with VP of Sales and someone from the Human Resource Department. Interview was cordial, lasted approx. 1/2 hour and was straightforward.

Interview Questions

• ...Asked what the first thing I would do to in this new role and as a team leader.   1 Answer

Finance/Account Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volcom (Costa, WV) in September 2008.

Interview

Graduating from college and living in southern california, I decided to interview at Volcom. I went to their website and noticed that there were not positions open, yet I persisted and submitted my resume online. I was contacted a week later from their HR department and I was able to schedule an interview. I felt that the interview went well, and afterwards they said they would contact me. I gave up after not hearing back from them for 2 months.

Freelance On Site Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anglet (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Volcom (Anglet (France)) in October 2012.

Interview

Very straight forward, Showing my portfolio, asking questions. People were really nice and curious. They present you the departments and you can ask any question.

they ask normal questions about the specific job, they need to know about the workflow you're using and how fast you can work
    asking these questions:
     If I liked the Brand ? If I'm into surf or snowboard? If I can work autonome ?

Interview Questions

• If I liked the Brand ? If I'm into surf or snowboard? If I can work autonome ?   Answer Question