WAND Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.4

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WAND Corporation (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

They had me in for several interviews, took a ton of my time and said they would get back to me. I never heard a word even after inquiring. Since integrity is something they say they value, they should have some. Not responding to people who have given you time is rude and shows a lack of integrity.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WAND Corporation (Brooklyn Park, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and we had an initial phone screen. I was then contacted by WAND directly to have a off-site interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited into their office to meet with HR, other team members and the VP of Sales.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work and WAND and why do you think you would be a good fit?   Answer Question
    • Walked through my career experience and pointed out accomplishments.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WAND Corporation (Eden Prairie, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

- Applied on company's website.
    - Got invited for a phone screen.
    - Advanced to an in-person interview. Was interviewed by the leading engineer who seemed really nice.
    - Up to this stage, their interview/hiring process was occurring efficiently.
    - I left the in-person interview with a promise that I would hear a final decision in 72hrs.
    - It's been almost four weeks and never heard a single word from the company.

Interview Questions

• Give me some examples of an Agile Development environment that you were exposed to.   Answer Question

WAND Corporation Response

May 5, 2016 – HR Manager

It is our goal to get back to candidates on next steps in 7 days. My apologies that we missed getting back to you about the Software Developer position.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WAND Corporation (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

I initially spoke on the phone about general work experience and was then called in for an in person interview. The interview took about 45 minutes and most of the questions were typical behavioral type. After the interview the next step was a case study which was to be completed in 48 hours time.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to deal with a dissatisfied customer.   Answer Question

Help Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WAND Corporation.

Interview

Process was very quick. Was given a four page test to gauge basic technical ability as well as ability to explain technical items in a non-technical way. Interview was initially with a recruiter, then with the department head and finally with the company president. Company was understanding of schedule issues and flexible in finding a workable solution prior to hiring.

Undisclosed Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WAND Corporation (Eden Prairie, MN) in February 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume, and heard back from HR within approximately 2 weeks. First interview was with hiring manager and another employee who reports to hiring manager. Received offer within 2 weeks.

Overall, was satisfied with the interview process, however it did not seem incredibly thorough.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to improve the way WAND does business?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Upon receiving offer, was told that offer was non-negotiable. Would have refused offer, had other opportunities been available at the time.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WAND Corporation (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2011.

Interview

Not a lot of technical questions but they really liked the certifications and past experience. It's a little shocking when you interview for a title that is posted and then the owner changes the title on the offer letter so he can pay less.

Multimedia Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WAND Corporation (Eden Prairie, MN) in November 2010.

Interview

The Human Resources seemed very professional in the phone interview. Then, I was scheduled for interviews with the group and then the manager of the group. The group interview consisted of four people from the department. This rated as one of the worst interviews I have ever had as far as the overall demeanor of the interviewers and the kind of irrelevant questions they asked. The interviewers seemed very cocky and threatened at the same time. There were a lot of personal questions asked. Also, they asked many questions outside of the actual job description. There were no programming languages listed as part of the job description and they asked many questions on that topic. Other irrelevant and odd questions were "Coke or Pepsi?", "What are your favorite cartoons?". I felt like I was wasting my time. Needless to say, even If they would have offered me the job, I wouldn't have accepted. They didn't seem like they were really trying to get to know me, my skills, or my experience level.

The interview with the manager of the group consisted of him asking mostly about programming languages, when there were no programming language requirements whatsoever in the job description or requirements. Also, the manager of the group was talking down about a few of the group members.

I had negative vibes overall of this place. Not to mention when I checked in and out, the front desk receptionist was very unfriendly and seemed very unhappy.

Interview Questions

• Coke or Pepsi?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite cartoon to watch?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WAND Corporation (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2010.

Interview

The interviewer was extremely candid and honest about the company, the history, and the negatives. It was a low-pressure interview. I did not like the fact that they requested my drivers license when I walked in, and kept it until I left.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time, what are some of your non-work interests?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WAND Corporation in August 2010.

Interview

I went in for an interview knowing I will be taking a series of tests. They were so unorganized when I arrived (which I always arrive atleast 15 minutes early), I had to sit and wait for 45 minutes just to take the tests! Then after the tests, I met with owner John Perrill which he mentioned the testing doesnt really matter! Ok so why did I waste my time. He didnt really ask me anything to get to know me. I thought the interview went awful, so I was surprised to see a job offer in my email 2 months later. May I add the "HR" person at the time was the most unprofessional woman I've ever met!

Negotiation

They made it clear to me that there was absolutely NO negotiating.