WH Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WH Trading Interview Questions

Trading Interview

Interview

Mostly qualitative at first and much more quantitative later on. They're looking for competitive, hard-working, smart, quantitative minded individuals. It is a laid back atmosphere from the outside but is still a trading firm and requires a hard-working mentality

Interview Questions

• If numbers 1-5 on a dice are assigned a value of $1 and 6 is -$5, is it worth it to roll the dice?   1 Answer

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WH Trading (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Relaxed interview. Not meant to be difficult. Some Math and probability involved, but it was not too challenging. That being said, prepare to answer these types of questions. Felt like my slightly wrong answers led to me being crossed off the list. Other than the few math questions per interview, there was mostly just resume and fit questions.

Trader Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Very basic interview at first like walking through resume. And then several math questions. The interviewer was friendly and very easy going. It was not meant to be a challenging interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WH Trading (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied via my University's Career website, interviewed on campus. Asked some basic OOP questions, differences between programming languages, basic data structure questions. A few on multithreading. After applying online, they scheduled me for an on campus interview that took about 30 minutes where the interviewer asked some data structure/ programming language questions and walked through my resume. The next step was onsite in the city where I was to talk with other engineers, and traders.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between C++ and Python?   Answer Question
    • describe the performance differences between a linked list and a vector. Which is better for insertion?   Answer Question
    • Describe a hashtable and its performance   Answer Question
    • Describe polymorphism and why its useful   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WH Trading (New Haven, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

applied through school, got an invite for an interview about a week later. basic interview questions. some math is involved. lasted about thirty minutes. they let you know through email whether position is offered or not.

Trader Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WH Trading (New Haven, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

an application was submitted through the office of career strategies. a thirty minute interview was scheduled about a week after the deadline. the questions were basic interview questions followed by a couple of math questions to make sure you could do quick mental math. two weeks to find out whether an offer was made or not.

Interview Questions

• There are two envelopes: the one on the right has a check for $5000 the one on the left has a check for either $10000 or $0 Which one will you choose?   1 Answer

Senior Trader Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WH Trading in January 2012.

Interview

Several logic, math questions - in the old days, had to interview with nearly every member of the firm and if anyone particularly didn't like the candidate an offer was not extended. That said, Will Hobert and Alvin Dodek had the last word. Background in real entrepreneurship is a plus, i.e. doing work that paid, not fancy internships

Trader Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WH Trading (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

I got this interview through my college career website. It took about a week from the time I applied before they called me in. Since the company deals with financial trading, the interview questions were basically designed to assess how capable I was in judging risk. Overall it went okay.

Interview Questions

• There are two envelopes:
        the one on the right has a check for $5000
        the one on the left has a check for either $10000 or $0
      Which one will you choose?   1 Answer

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WH Trading in March 2008.

Interview

some math questions (simple statistics and brain teasers), then interview with programmers, and a number of other people, mostly to see if we like each other.

Negotiation

did not really negotiate, just accepted the offer.