WPX Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WPX Energy Interview Questions

Interviews at WPX Energy

2.5

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WPX Energy.

Interview

A person called on the phone first for an impromptu interview. When he/she asks if you have time for this surprise interview on the phone, say “no” and ask to reschedule. The reason you reschedule is because the HR person’s first question is “What do you know about WPX Energy?” Since it has likely been a week or two since you submitted your application, go online to find out something about WPX and then when the phone interview comes you will be prepared. Most questions in the phone interview are qualification based (e.g. How proficient are you with Microsoft Word?) whereas the questions in the in-person interview are behavioral based (e.g. tell me about a time when you didn’t get along with someone on your team and how did you deal with it?)

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WPX Energy (Tulsa, OK) in May 2015.

Interview

Talked to three different people that asked me questions about my resume and explained roles of the open position. I was walked around to different locations to speak with different employees.

IT Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at WPX Energy (Tulsa, OK) in November 2013.

Interview

Very informal, group discussion. They very rarely if ever hire IT resources directly but on a contract for hire basis.,this is unfortunate as many good resources will not be interested.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, (typical)   1 Answer

Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WPX Energy (Tulsa, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

interviewed with HR & then hiring manager and then with a director. Everyone was very nice and seemed very excited about working for a relatively new company. It was a very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• they asked about my experience & what i knew that was relevant to the job   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WPX Energy in September 2018.

Interview

i applied through the school career services and later had the interview in campus. The interview was pretty laid back and most encompassed question in regards to my resume and a few behavior questions. After the interview, I heard back from them 2 weeks later.

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WPX Energy (Farmington, NM) in October 2014.

Interview

I had lunch with two managers. The position did not exist for the company so they didn't really know what to ask. They said I had been recommended to them as someone who could figure out the process and get permits going. This was in 2004. That year isn't available in the dropdown. Since then, the Regulatory Specialist Position has advanced significantly so I don't think this type of interview would happen again.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know how I could advance their program because they were having difficulty getting governmental agency approvals.   1 Answer
    • How many days a week could I commit. They weren't really sure how much time it would take. They thought all I needed to do was go and visit with the agencies and find out what they needed.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WPX Energy (Norman, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

Simple 30 minute interview on Campus, they were very straight-forward and were asking behavioral questions. They put their main emphasis on how well you presented yourself and if you had the kind of attitude to fit in with their culture.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at WPX Energy (Tulsa, OK) in January 2009.

Interview

had onsite visit, then a couple of luncheons.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to leave your current employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for and got vacation I wanted.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a good experience. They were professional and I felt good after I met the team. It always seems to take a long time to hear back after interviews but this one didn’t.

Geology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WPX Energy (Tulsa, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

Very expedited and not well organized. Almost seemed as if they were not actually looking to hire any of the many people that interviewed, but rather just see what the talent pool was like.