Wabtec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wabtec Interview Questions

Interviews at Wabtec

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wabtec in June 2017.

Interview

Telephonic, the hiring manager was very nice. And a member of his team was also very interactive. They just asked about my experience with C++ and coding. Any other programming languages I was familiar with.

Interview Questions

• 1. Difference between C and C++.
      2. Concepts you find difficult with C++.
      3. Explain your involvement in code development using C++.   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wabtec (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

The phone interview was concise and provided enough interest on both parties to have an face-to-face interview that was cordial and informative of goals/skills that concluded with a immediate employment opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What duties did I have as an Engineer for the other companies I worked for?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmerding, PA

Application

I interviewed at Wabtec (Wilmerding, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and straightforward. The interview was very quick, only about 20 minutes, and they asked typical questions. The interviewer was very friendly and knowledgeable about the company and position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmerding, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wabtec (Wilmerding, PA).

Interview

I first received a phone call notifying me that I would be considered for an internship.

The building was hard to find (use google maps, NOT apple's GPS software). The majority of the questions for behavioral. They asked if I had any experience with financial modeling. Ultimately, the interviewers were very friendly and easy to have a conversation with. The interviewers were all very enthusiastic about working for Wabtec and optimistic of the company's future.

Hydraulic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncan, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wabtec (Duncan, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Had two interviews over the phone with the manager. Second one was also with another engineer. Then they brought me in (flew me out) for an interview with the manager, a facility tour, and to be interviewed by some other engineers. The three other engineers showed up late, each one later than the previous. Process was mostly good at first, but the manager never shared my capabilities and limitations with the team. One engineer was understanding of my limited analysis experience in my current engineering position, but another was shocked and very unhappy. The unhappy one was so late that he asked every question that the first engineer asked. His colleagues (including the manager) were clearly upset that he was wasting their time, and so was I. The other engineers left during his questioning, so I never was able to ask them any questions. Afterwards, the manager walked me out. To top it off, they never reimbursed me for my hotel or rental car (hotel should've been direct billed). I contacted a woman in HR twice about that: first time she said she could get me my check, second time she ghosted me. I can understand not getting an offer because they want someone with more skills, but this treatment was unacceptable. Funny thing is, about 6 months later a different recruiter contacted me about the same position (it was still unfilled), only this time it was a contract position instead of full time. I told him no way. Beware of this company.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wabtec (Germantown, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was called for on-site interview directly, I guess this was because I was a local candidate. Time between application and interview set up was more than three months.

Interview Questions

• Had a panel interview with four engineers - went through my resume and current responsibilities. Then with the hiring manager - more of behavioral and how I fit in the company culture. He stressed more on following rules and procedure, at times giving me an impression that it is OK to not get work done as long as everything is in process.
      HR did not reply any of the emails after interview. Did not get any response whatsoever.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmerding, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wabtec (Wilmerding, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with an HR manager and two supply chain managers for about an hour. The interview went well, but I did not receive an offer. After about a month, I received an automated email informing me that I did not get the position.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wabtec (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview with recruiter, telephone interview with manager, one on one interview with manager on-site, one on one interview with managers from other departments on-site. Group interview with direct reports to that manager on-site.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had which qualified me for the position.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wabtec (Greenville, SC) in January 2013.

Interview

A relatively average yet thorough process. I felt it was fair and that the company wanted to hear not only about my background, but also my thoughts and ideas as to how I could expand and grow the role that I was applying for.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmerding, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wabtec (Wilmerding, PA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting firm for a job at Wabtec. Afterwards, there was a brief phone interview (about 30 min) and then constant communication with my future boss via phone about next steps. Next was an on site interview with the team I'd be working with, followed by another on site interview with the head of HR. The HR interview was delayed two hours because the head of HR forgot that I was coming. Afterwards, I waited 2 months for approval from higher ups in the company, and then for the official confirmation packet to arrive. This packet came late due to, as the head of HR said, "mistakes my secretary made," although as my boss would inform he, he has none.

Interview Questions

• There was a section of the interview where I was given a section of a machine and asked how specific parts of it worked. This was a technical question and tested my mechanical aptitude.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't notice any negotiation phase.