Wabtec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wabtec (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Good communication with Wabtec, they have a great process. All the people I dealt with were helpful and put me at ease. Questions were typically and well thought out. I had two people at the interview and both were easy to meet with.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wabtec in June 2017.

Interview

Telephonic, the hiring manager was very nice. And a member of his team was also very interactive. They just asked about my experience with C++ and coding. Any other programming languages I was familiar with.

Interview Questions

• 1. Difference between C and C++.
      2. Concepts you find difficult with C++.
      3. Explain your involvement in code development using C++.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wabtec (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview with recruiter, telephone interview with manager, one on one interview with manager on-site, one on one interview with managers from other departments on-site. Group interview with direct reports to that manager on-site.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had which qualified me for the position.   Answer Question

Manager of Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wabtec (Greensburg, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was the standard questions related to accounting, nothing out of the ordinary. Follow up after the interview was very disappointing. I would ask for a status update, I was told "We are still interviewing". I knew I was not selected when I saw the job reposted on other websites and temp agencies.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wabtec (Germantown, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was called for on-site interview directly, I guess this was because I was a local candidate. Time between application and interview set up was more than three months.

Interview Questions

• Had a panel interview with four engineers - went through my resume and current responsibilities. Then with the hiring manager - more of behavioral and how I fit in the company culture. He stressed more on following rules and procedure, at times giving me an impression that it is OK to not get work done as long as everything is in process.
      HR did not reply any of the emails after interview. Did not get any response whatsoever.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wabtec in January 2016.

Interview

The HR department called me and told me that one of the CPA's wanted to interview me for an internship. The was no screening process and the interview was schedule for the next day. I interviewed with one of their CPA's and it was pretty straight forward. The only real question was "run me through your resume." Seemed like the interviewer had been interviewing people all day and was very quick and to the point. I did a phone interview as this location was about 2 hours away.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmerding, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wabtec (Wilmerding, PA).

Interview

I first received a phone call notifying me that I would be considered for an internship.

The building was hard to find (use google maps, NOT apple's GPS software). The majority of the questions for behavioral. They asked if I had any experience with financial modeling. Ultimately, the interviewers were very friendly and easy to have a conversation with. The interviewers were all very enthusiastic about working for Wabtec and optimistic of the company's future.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmerding, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wabtec (Wilmerding, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with an HR manager and two supply chain managers for about an hour. The interview went well, but I did not receive an offer. After about a month, I received an automated email informing me that I did not get the position.

Summer Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plattsburgh, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wabtec (Plattsburgh, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Brief, and very simple. I interviewed at a Staffing agency, then interviewed on-site. I was immediately accepted, pending a passing drug test. I was referred to a small clinic, and was tested the same day.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to read technical drawings for products?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little ability to negotiate, if any at all. They asked me what I expected to make working for such a position. I told them $12/hr. They responded, "Close, $11.".

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmerding, PA

Application

I interviewed at Wabtec (Wilmerding, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and straightforward. The interview was very quick, only about 20 minutes, and they asked typical questions. The interviewer was very friendly and knowledgeable about the company and position.