Wabtec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.5

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wabtec (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview with recruiter, telephone interview with manager, one on one interview with manager on-site, one on one interview with managers from other departments on-site. Group interview with direct reports to that manager on-site.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had which qualified me for the position.   Answer Question

Manager of Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wabtec (Greensburg, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was the standard questions related to accounting, nothing out of the ordinary. Follow up after the interview was very disappointing. I would ask for a status update, I was told "We are still interviewing". I knew I was not selected when I saw the job reposted on other websites and temp agencies.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wabtec in January 2016.

Interview

The HR department called me and told me that one of the CPA's wanted to interview me for an internship. The was no screening process and the interview was schedule for the next day. I interviewed with one of their CPA's and it was pretty straight forward. The only real question was "run me through your resume." Seemed like the interviewer had been interviewing people all day and was very quick and to the point. I did a phone interview as this location was about 2 hours away.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmerding, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wabtec (Wilmerding, PA).

Interview

I first received a phone call notifying me that I would be considered for an internship.

The building was hard to find (use google maps, NOT apple's GPS software). The majority of the questions for behavioral. They asked if I had any experience with financial modeling. Ultimately, the interviewers were very friendly and easy to have a conversation with. The interviewers were all very enthusiastic about working for Wabtec and optimistic of the company's future.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmerding, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wabtec (Wilmerding, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with an HR manager and two supply chain managers for about an hour. The interview went well, but I did not receive an offer. After about a month, I received an automated email informing me that I did not get the position.

Summer Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plattsburgh, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wabtec (Plattsburgh, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Brief, and very simple. I interviewed at a Staffing agency, then interviewed on-site. I was immediately accepted, pending a passing drug test. I was referred to a small clinic, and was tested the same day.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to read technical drawings for products?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little ability to negotiate, if any at all. They asked me what I expected to make working for such a position. I told them $12/hr. They responded, "Close, $11.".

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmerding, PA

Application

I interviewed at Wabtec (Wilmerding, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and straightforward. The interview was very quick, only about 20 minutes, and they asked typical questions. The interviewer was very friendly and knowledgeable about the company and position.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmerding, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wabtec (Wilmerding, PA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting firm for a job at Wabtec. Afterwards, there was a brief phone interview (about 30 min) and then constant communication with my future boss via phone about next steps. Next was an on site interview with the team I'd be working with, followed by another on site interview with the head of HR. The HR interview was delayed two hours because the head of HR forgot that I was coming. Afterwards, I waited 2 months for approval from higher ups in the company, and then for the official confirmation packet to arrive. This packet came late due to, as the head of HR said, "mistakes my secretary made," although as my boss would inform he, he has none.

Interview Questions

• There was a section of the interview where I was given a section of a machine and asked how specific parts of it worked. This was a technical question and tested my mechanical aptitude.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't notice any negotiation phase.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wabtec (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a telephonic round asking the basic details. That continued for about max 3 minutes. After two days I got a call saying qualified for next round. A interview day was fixed. A manager along with two other guys were present in the panel. Manager looked very calm and relaxed. The team was little keen on knowing my hobbies, which I was surprised for it and felt little out of place question. After that HR interview was scheduled on same day and after few days I got the offer.

Signal Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wabtec (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

This is where it gets a bit more involved as the interviewer tries to find out more about you. These usually form the bulk of any first job interview. Second job interviews are slightly different…These questions are designed to see if you’re serious about this job; after all, there’s nothing worse to an employer than having to re-advertise a job because the person they offered it to has got cold feet!These questions are designed just to find out a bit more about you: your personality, your experience, your knowledge and, of course, your personality. After all, nobody wants to work with someone who they won’t get on with. It’s as important as your experience. You must market yourself! These questions are designed just to find out a bit more about you: your personality, your experience, your knowledge and, of course, your personality. After all, nobody wants to work with someone who they won’t get on with. It’s as important as your experience. You must market yourself! These questions are designed just to find out a bit more about you: your personality, your experience, your knowledge and, of course, your personality. After all, nobody wants to work with someone who they won’t get on with. It’s as important as your experience. You must market yourself!

Interview Questions

• Describe about your previous experience These questions are designed just to find out a bit more about you: your personality, your experience, your knowledge and, of course, your personality. After all, nobody wants to work with someone who they won’t get on with. It’s as important as your experience. You must market yourself! These questions are designed just to find out a bit more about you: your personality, your experience, your knowledge and, of course, your personality. After all, nobody wants to work with someone who they won’t get on with. It’s as important as your experience. You must market yourself!These questions are designed just to find out a bit more about you: your personality, your experience, your knowledge and, of course, your personality. After all, nobody wants to work with someone who they won’t get on with. It’s as important as your experience. You must market yourself!   Answer Question