Waddell & Reed Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Waddell & Reed

2.3

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waddell & Reed (Overland Park, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a single phone interview. The phone interview took 30 minutes. The interview process was a single phone interview. The phone interview took 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between unit testing and integration testing?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waddell & Reed (Overland Park, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

First was a phone interview with the recruiter for the company then I moved on to scheduling an in-office interview. I first met with HR and did another pre-interview with them before the actual interview with the hiring managers. After interviewing with the managers for the team/department, I checked in with the recruiter in HR to go over how the interview went and I was asked about other offers I have waiting. That same week I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about your job?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you found it difficult to work with someone and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waddell & Reed (Mobile, AL) in May 2009.

Interview

I came upon the opportunity at a career fair. (That should have been my first clue.) It sounded great to begin with, but in the end they wanted me to pay for training and they were unwilling to pay any salary to get you going. Commission payment is fine once you build a clientele.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was "can you work for commission only after paying for the training we require?"   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waddell & Reed (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

Phone interview with HR and then manager interview. Basically was a what have you done in your past jobs that will prepare you for this. How would you handle certain situations. Was an entry level job so nothing to difficult. Was called back about 2 days later and offered the job. Would not negotiate salary.

Interview Questions

• This was a very laid back interview. Nothing to unexpected.   Answer Question

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waddell & Reed (Mission, KS) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied for an entry-level Client Services position & received an initial phone interview. Once that was complete I was emailed a skills test, which consisted mostly of key-stroke quality & quantity tests. I then reported for an in-person interview with HR, then the hiring manager for the department (same day). All of the interviews were pretty laid back & relaxed, but that always depends on who you get in HR and what the manager is like.

Interview Questions

• There were not any terrible difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Waddell & Reed (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

I was referred by a friend who worked in Client Services - her husband works at W&R as well in IT - and sent her my resume and cover letter, which she submitted internally for me. (She gets an annual bonus for every year that I work here.) This gave me a leg up since I was able to get my application in sooner than the general public, as the job had not been posted externally yet. I got a call about two weeks later, did a brief 5-10 minute phone interview with HR, and scheduled an interview. I interviewed first with HR, then did a brief assessment of math skills, a typing test, and a writing test, then was taken upstairs to interview with me would-be manager. Pretty typical interview - nothing out of the ordinary. Was asked the standard questions about my resume/cover letter, why I thought I was a good fit, etc. That was it. Received a call about a week later and was offered the position. I started a week later and that was that.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected, at least from what I remember. I guess what I thought my weakest attribute was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, Waddell uses pay grades. I started at the very lowest - pay grade 4. I started at $13.40 and have gotten a raise of a 40 cents in my 10 months being here.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waddell & Reed in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my career center page. Then I was invited to office and contacted for a phone interview. The process took approximately a week and half. Everyone was very professional and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What do you want out of this internship?
      Why Waddell and Reed?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waddell & Reed.

Interview

They made a mistake on my profile,so I got the interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview was very laid back and easy process. Applied and got the interview in 2 days. Interviewed with the managing principal. Lots of him talking about what I would be doing. Great people to interview with.

Interview Questions

• What is a time where you had to deal with an ethical dilemma?   Answer Question

Negotiation

unpaid

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waddell & Reed (Hartford, CT) in December 2010.

Interview

There are two components to interviews; the first part is an aptitude test and the second is behavioral. Overall, the interviewing process is pretty standard and gives you an opportunity to learn more about what the company does.

Interview Questions

• The assessment is somewhat difficult but you cannot prepare for it ahead of time.   Answer Question