Wake County Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wake County Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.7

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a principal via telephone and email to interview for an open position since my resume and application were on file with the county. I contacted the principal asking for interview times and did not receive a reply that day. I called the next day and she was unavailable so I left a message for her. I didn't receive a call so I called again on the 3rd day when I was already en route home for the interview. She let me know that the original day was booked up so I would have to settle for a phone interview despite the fact that I had reached out within an hour of being contacted to get an interview time for the original day. Ten days later, I still haven't heard anything from the principal regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• What is one piece of research that you've read that has changed how you'll teach in your classroom?   Answer Question

Data Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools.

Interview

The process was very good. Its usually the Principal and Counselors. They ask you more about scheduling and your expertise on PowerSchools. Once they make a decision you should hear back something real quick

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Bethel Post Office, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools (Mount Bethel Post Office, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a entire Panel in conference room lasted about 2 hours answered questions talked about myself and my future goals. Each person in the room talked about them self also lead supervisor explained the position .

Before and After School Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fuquay Varina, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools (Fuquay Varina, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

It was short. I met onsite with 2 teachers who run the program early in the morning. They discribed the program to me and asked several questions regarding my ability to work the hours and more specific questions regarding my experience with different groups of children.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

You get a call from a principal or assistant principal, meet with them. Then you usually wait a few weeks to hear back. If they are interested, you must go to a new employee orientation before you can start. You will need to contact your school to let them know your start date.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools.

Interview

Interviewed by a panel of three people (the principal & two teachers, interview took place @the school site (inside the conference room), Average interview--no surprises, Lots of behavioral type scenarios, Interviews were very professional, but nice--made you feel comfortable, the entire interview process lasted about an hour

Interview Questions

• What is your classroom management style?   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools (Cary, NC).

Interview

I was asked the usual questions about my experience, what I thought I could bring to the team, etc. Then they told me about the duties I would have in the classroom and a little bit about the teacher and other assistants. Then I was given the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience working with kids with developmental disabilities.   Answer Question

Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools (Raleigh, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Received email notifying me of interview date, time and location. Had a standard interview with manager and team leader. They alternated asking questions. The interview was approx. a half hour long.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions and then spoke about the position   Answer Question

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through internal positions and then waited to hear from principals regarding interviews. Very few principals respond as they usually already have people in mind for open positions. Once I got the interview it went extremely well; however, it was for an upper grade position. I was told that I would be hired there if they had a position for a lower grade.

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving my present position? Describe a lesson in my classroom.   1 Answer

Instructional Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

First you have to fill out a general application for the school system. Then you search for jobs you are interested in at specific schools and contact that school. The school then reviews your application and can call you for an interview. I interviewed with a panel of teacher and administrators.

Interview Questions

• How would I use my experience to coach and support other teachers?   1 Answer