Wake County Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.7

Before and After School Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fuquay Varina, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools (Fuquay Varina, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

It was short. I met onsite with 2 teachers who run the program early in the morning. They discribed the program to me and asked several questions regarding my ability to work the hours and more specific questions regarding my experience with different groups of children.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

You get a call from a principal or assistant principal, meet with them. Then you usually wait a few weeks to hear back. If they are interested, you must go to a new employee orientation before you can start. You will need to contact your school to let them know your start date.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools.

Interview

Interviewed by a panel of three people (the principal & two teachers, interview took place @the school site (inside the conference room), Average interview--no surprises, Lots of behavioral type scenarios, Interviews were very professional, but nice--made you feel comfortable, the entire interview process lasted about an hour

Interview Questions

• What is your classroom management style?   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools (Cary, NC).

Interview

I was asked the usual questions about my experience, what I thought I could bring to the team, etc. Then they told me about the duties I would have in the classroom and a little bit about the teacher and other assistants. Then I was given the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience working with kids with developmental disabilities.   Answer Question

Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools (Raleigh, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Received email notifying me of interview date, time and location. Had a standard interview with manager and team leader. They alternated asking questions. The interview was approx. a half hour long.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions and then spoke about the position   Answer Question

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through internal positions and then waited to hear from principals regarding interviews. Very few principals respond as they usually already have people in mind for open positions. Once I got the interview it went extremely well; however, it was for an upper grade position. I was told that I would be hired there if they had a position for a lower grade.

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving my present position? Describe a lesson in my classroom.   1 Answer

Instructional Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

First you have to fill out a general application for the school system. Then you search for jobs you are interested in at specific schools and contact that school. The school then reviews your application and can call you for an interview. I interviewed with a panel of teacher and administrators.

Interview Questions

• How would I use my experience to coach and support other teachers?   1 Answer

Fourth Grade Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holly Springs, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools (Holly Springs, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

A group interview with the principal and four other Fourth grade Teachers.
    Each teacher had a set of questions to ask and had subgroups of questions that
    demanded more specifics of my answers. This took place after the academic day
    and they seemed exhausted. All were from the north originally and had moved here
    to North Carolina to teach. When the principal stepped out of the room and the interview
    was basically over, I asked them how they felt about teaching in a non-union environment .
    They were a little stunned by the question and really didn't answer except the vibe was that they
    were anti union.

Interview Questions

• What is the most significant teaching skills needed to be an effective teacher ?
      What is your classroom management scheme ?
      Why haven't you taught school in over three years ?
      Where do you see yourself in ten years ?
      Would you be willing to coach sports ?
      How do you arrange reading groups and why ?
      Answer Question

School Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools (Cary, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume through the online application system and sent it directly to the school principal. Interview lasted less than 45 minutes. Online application is kind of lengthy but interview was set up by school receptionist and took place with the principal and another counselor. I received a call the same day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my involvement with intervention team.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wake County Public Schools (Raleigh, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via email by the principal but interviewed by an assistant principal and department chair. Relaxed atmosphere. Wanted to know more about my teaching philosophy and classroom management strategies.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this school in particular?   Answer Question
    • One day you have a student who is very disruptive in your classroom. How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question