Wake Technical Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wake Technical Community College Interview Questions

Interviews at Wake Technical Community College

2.9

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wake Technical Community College.

Interview

There was one phone interview and one panel video interview, then there were reference checks and a background check, before I received the offer and started the salary negotiation process.

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

Wasn't too bad. Had an interview, lab activity and written portion. Lab activity involved them showing you a demonstration and then you followed them. The written portion was a 'what makes a good team'

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wake Technical Community College (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Phone interview 20 - 30 minutes. In person interview to a group of people. Group included the hiring manager, their boss and two other individuals. In person interview included 20 plus questions and a presentation.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wake Technical Community College (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Short phone interview, followed by an interview at the school (with a quick <5 min sample lecture)
    Follow up with HR within a week to fill out forms and such. Whole process would take about 2 - 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult situations?
      How would you go about technology usage in classroom?   1 Answer

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wake Technical Community College (Raleigh, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

After filling the application, I was contacted to schedule an over the phone interview. This must have gone well, because I was then invited for a face-to-face interview. I was told I needed to prepare a 15 minute lecture on one of a few pre-selected topics.

At interview, I sat at a desk at the front of the room were I answered questions given by four reviewers. After the questions were asked, I had to give a lecture on my selected topic. Amazingly, the one of the reviewers began to yawn as soon as I began and another started checking messages on their phone. In hindsight, I realize these actions were premeditated.

Finally, I was sent to a separate room to complete an essay. The essay was on how I would give constructive feedback to an instructor in whose class I had observed students not actively engaged in the learning process.

Interview Questions

• How would you teach an online lab?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Call from the department head first. After the call there was an in-person interview with 5 members of the department. I was given a topic to do a mock lecture. Be prepared for the interviewers to act like children during it. After this HR will call with a standard offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the mission of WakeTech?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wake Technical Community College (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Pleasant interview committee and process. I had to complete a phone interview first, and then was contacted about a campus interview. I was disappointed not to get any type of follow-up email, and having to find out through the web portal that I had not been selected.

Interview Questions

• They asked me several "scenario" questions. One was about how I would address a situation where a student complained about a faculty member's teaching style and methods.   Answer Question

Teacher/Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wake Technical Community College (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interview process included a phone screen, group interview, and I also had to submit a lesson plan. I presented the lesson plan to the panel. I also had to write a reflection on teaching.

Interview Questions

• The interview was by a panel of four people. Questions ranged from the more straight forward to situational questions.   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wake Technical Community College (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position of ESL Instructor online. A little bit before a new semester started, I was asked to prepare and present a model lesson. I walked the interviewers through the lesson, and answered some questions about my qualifications. They offered me the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways that you have used technology in the classroom?   1 Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Wake Technical Community College (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

They ask you to do an in person interview to be entered into an applicant pool.

They also ask you to prepare a small lesson.

Afterwards you will have to wait for an indeterminate amount of time for a position to open up.

Interview Questions

• How would you plan a lesson?
      How would you integrate technology into your lessons?   Answer Question