Wake Technical Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wake Technical Community College Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wake Technical Community College (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Call from the department head first. After the call there was an in-person interview with 5 members of the department. I was given a topic to do a mock lecture. Be prepared for the interviewers to act like children during it. After this HR will call with a standard offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the mission of WakeTech?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wake Technical Community College (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Pleasant interview committee and process. I had to complete a phone interview first, and then was contacted about a campus interview. I was disappointed not to get any type of follow-up email, and having to find out through the web portal that I had not been selected.

Interview Questions

• They asked me several "scenario" questions. One was about how I would address a situation where a student complained about a faculty member's teaching style and methods.   Answer Question

Teacher/Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wake Technical Community College (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interview process included a phone screen, group interview, and I also had to submit a lesson plan. I presented the lesson plan to the panel. I also had to write a reflection on teaching.

Interview Questions

• The interview was by a panel of four people. Questions ranged from the more straight forward to situational questions.   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wake Technical Community College (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position of ESL Instructor online. A little bit before a new semester started, I was asked to prepare and present a model lesson. I walked the interviewers through the lesson, and answered some questions about my qualifications. They offered me the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways that you have used technology in the classroom?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Wake Technical Community College (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

They ask you to do an in person interview to be entered into an applicant pool.

They also ask you to prepare a small lesson.

Afterwards you will have to wait for an indeterminate amount of time for a position to open up.

Interview Questions

• How would you plan a lesson?
      How would you integrate technology into your lessons?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Interview

Very brief and job specific. No typical interview questions. Presentation skills are a must.

Interview Questions

• When you can you start was asked during the initial interview.   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wake Technical Community College in November 2013.

Interview

Received an email from AD of department who requested an interview within 48 hours. I completed the interview and teaching demonstration with no problems. My background matched all criteria. They requested my class availability for the upcoming semester.

Interview Questions

• A variety of standard questions including learning platform (they use BlackBoard) were asked. One question about rotating between various subjects to teach was asked as well.   Answer Question

Finish Library Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wake Technical Community College (Raleigh, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

I created the position. The company did not have a proper Finish Library for the ID and ARC students to use, so I went to the department heads and ask if I could organize a storage closet into a Finish Library as well as recruit volunteers to work in the Finish Library to keep it organized and stocked. I managed all areas of the Library until I graduated and appointed new Management for the Finish Library.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to get this done by yourself, work a full time job, and keep up you grades.   1 Answer

Application

I interviewed at Wake Technical Community College in August 2012.

Interview

It takes a while to be hired through Hr but the interview is fairly straightforward. Be prepared for a panel interview, and they'll ask you questions about your familiarity with the North Carolina math redesign. You'll also have to prepare a mock lesson and teach it to the panel.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wake Technical Community College (Raleigh, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

Single Interview discussing qualifications and background on teaching specific classes

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None