Walden University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walden University (Columbia, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

I felt as though they didn't like how much education I have because they joked about it. I didn't answer one or two questions with answers they felt are appropriate because I didn't answer them immediately either. Every university is different and has different processes.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle issues with employees concerns at previous employment with for-profit controversy years ago?   1 Answer

Temporary Field Education Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walden University (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

I obtained the interview through a staffing agency. My interview was very plesant. The managers are fun and approachable. The director of the program is caring and considerate of others. I enjoyed it.

Student Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walden University (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

Received a call the next day after completing the online application to schedule an interview. They send you a link and you schedule a time that is convenient for you and you can also change it online if needed. You get an email confirmation of the change.

What turned me off is it was clear the screener did not review my resume prior to calling me. They are a little sensitive about not listing your salary history on the application. To me, unless you are working in nursing education now your salary history is irrelevant if your job is currently clinical. I have filled out many applications for jobs that requested the same information, never disclosed it, and never had anyone to question it.

It sounded like they send you a special phone to use at your home so they can monitor the amount of time you spend with students. When you have an MSN, we are all professionals and monitoring phone calls is something you do at a call center not with other professional nurses. I researched this and apparently you only get "credit" for the call if the student calls you from the number the university has on file. If they call you from a different number you don't get credit for the call...yet you completed work. To me, it would reveal itself quickly if you were not doing your job.

She said she wanted to move me to the next step and scheduled a second interview and we settled on a time. She said I would receive an email confirmation. Nothing came by email. I figured they changed their mind. On the day of the second interview I realized I had a missed call from Utah. So apparently it was scheduled and I wasn't notified. I had decided before then that I did not want the job due to negative reviews, so that is why I didn't return the call.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why do you want to come and work for Walden University?   Answer Question

Temp AFEC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Walden University (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, interviewed the next day and was hired when I got hjome from the interview. Short interview, normal q and a session. The interview was mostly behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you failed and how did you fix it?   1 Answer

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walden University.

Interview

I had a very short phone interview, about 7 minutes. Never heard back after, therefore emailed them two weeks later to ask about my application status. They could be nice enough to at least email me back and tell me we do not want to continue hiring process with you. I had a phone interview a month ago, and they did not even answer my email. I think such ignoring is very rude.

Interview Questions

• What were my problem-solving skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walden University (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Pretty Typical. Their HR department actually found my resume online and contacted me. I had a phone interview, then 3 same day in person interviews. The interview questions were pretty typical for a sales position.

Contributing Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walden University (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, contacted through email. A phone interview was set up with lead faculty. She asked several questions about my experience teaching online. The entire interview lasted about one hour. She explained the position and asked which classes I would like to teach. She also discussed how many students I could expect in the class as well as instructor requirements.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized to complete all of your tasks for the day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Core Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walden University (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was over the phone and there were multiple interviewers. The questions were fair and the questions were what you would expect. It took approximately 45 minutes. The questions were what was expected.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walden University.

Interview

Don't respond to emails or calls in a timely manner. Very laid back. Ask situation questions. They will hire anyone if you interview well regardless of your background. All you have to say is you have experience building rapport and a team player.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walden University in September 2014.

Interview

1 week. Had a 30 minute phone interview and set up a face to face interview a few days later. The interview was a 3 person panel and I thought it went while. Five days later I called and was told they loved me but feel I am a better fit for a different position in their company. They told me to apply, which I did but they never called me back.