Watco Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Watco Companies

Sort:

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Watco Companies (Bellingham, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

Very Short, asked me about my experience. Asked several questions about customer service, and dealing with people. Interviewed me for a position above what I applied for, They were scrapping the barrel for people in management and supervisory positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about customer service.   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dore, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Watco Companies (Dore, ND) in March 2012.

Interview

sent in my resume online two months went by and the site manager called to sent up a job interview. he seemed very welcoming after 5 minutes of chatting in his office he and i were both sold on me starting as a supervisor , i opted to start as an operator to work my way up from the bottom. he was impressed by this and finally agreed to the lessor position , unfortunately his time with the company was short lived like a lot of employees at watco after the interview had to wait 2 weeks for background check and drug test results to arrive at corpit

Interview Questions

• how would you (as a manager/supervisor ) deal with correcting bad behavior?   1 Answer

because i wanted to show / lead by example. start in the trenches with the men and work my way to the top the hard way. nothing should be given, all should be earned!

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Watco Companies (Kansas City, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

The GM called me and asked if I was interested, I had a phone interview with the recruiter. Offered job on the spot. The beginning was great, but there was so much turnover. It's good to learn a little about the industry. They do have training, but because of the turnover rate it's not always the best environment.

Unloader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ferndale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Watco Companies (Ferndale, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was at a local hotel conference room. One member from upper management and one member from Human Resources. They asked standard interview questions about background (employment and personal), goals (professional and personal), and hobbies. The interview was actually nice and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself and your employment history. Why do you want to work for Watco? Are you able to work in a physically demanding environment outside in all types of weather? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Have you ever worked in a refinery environment before? Do you forsee any reason you may not be able to get a TWIC card? Do you have any objections to being on call? Are you able to have your phone on you at all times while on call?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase.

Benefits Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Watco Companies (Pittsburg, KS) in March 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the entire senior leadership of HR, as well as each individual HR director. I also flew in to meet the team prior to my offer of the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe my experience with a broker/client relationship   1 Answer

Negotiation

very simple and straight forward. I could review the offer letter and ask to make changes if needed.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, KS

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Watco Companies (Pittsburg, KS) in April 2011.

Interview

This was an extensive interview process, consisiting of individual and group interviews. Met with a variety of company officials and all were extremely professional. Could not have been more professional and courteous.

Interview Questions

• If you were offered anoother job in 6 months, making double the salary, woiuld you take it?   Answer Question
    • If you were brought in as a consultant reviewing your last position, how would you rate your performance?   Answer Question

Roadmaster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Watco Companies (Garland, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Very long and very thorough. Contact by phone at first, then asked for a quick 1:1after which a much longer 1:1 is required of the final candidates. Once finished they will contact the selected candidate via telephone and then ask if your willing to come in and have an 'In-the-field orientation'.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe RWP (Roadway Worker Protection) in as much detail as possible.   1 Answer

Regional Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Watco Companies (Pittsburg, KS).

Interview

Process is well thought out, get to meet lots of upper mgmt, good travel arrangements if they need to fly you in. They use behavioral interviewing techniques and panel interviews, if you can break thru and get them to be personal you will get a good picture of their management style.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to counsel a senior manager, how did you handle it ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no room for negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Watco Companies.

Interview

1 Phone, 2 in Person, and 1 group interview. Put you under some pressure but the type of job it is, they have to test you on this. it is a very fast paced job!

Interview Questions

• Can i work in a fast paced environment   1 Answer

Director of Recruiting Interview

Interview

The hiring process was very long. Very drawn out with absolutely no communication or feedback. The Corporate HR Manager was helpful but the SVP of HR was unprofessional and did not follow through on timelines. Communication- None. Setting Expectations- None. Professionalism- None. Very disappointed in the process given the fact the company is strong and has good people working. Would recommend the company, but avoid interviewing with SVP of HR if at all possible.

Interview Questions

• You are OK interviewing as long as you currently have a job. If you are out of work this company is not worth it.   Answer Question