Watco Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Watco Companies Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Watco Companies (Kansas City, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Fly to kansas, dinn e r and lunch on watco. 7 interviews with different levels of management. Positive feed back during interview. All very intelligent people and energetic about company.

Truckload Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Watco Companies (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The recruiter Kylie was wonderful. She setup at least 4 interviews with the same company, Each time she was professional and very polite.The problem is that they didn't have any idea of what they are doing. Wasted several weeks and ultimately left me in the cold about the process. The ladies got drunk at a meeting and it was very unprofessional.

Roadmaster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Watco Companies (Garland, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Very long and very thorough. Contact by phone at first, then asked for a quick 1:1after which a much longer 1:1 is required of the final candidates. Once finished they will contact the selected candidate via telephone and then ask if your willing to come in and have an 'In-the-field orientation'.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe RWP (Roadway Worker Protection) in as much detail as possible.   1 Answer

Revenue Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Watco Companies in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back 7 weeks later. I was at work when I got the call so I scheduled the phone interview later that afternoon during my lunch break at 1 pm. The interviewer called at 1:07 pm

It was explained to me that they were slow to respond because of someone being on maternity leave. They asked if I was still interested in the position. I told them that I had already been hired, so it would depend on the salary being offered. I was informed that the position was an entry level position and they were offering $32,000. As this was less than what I was making I informed them that I was not interested and thanked them for the opportunity.

Note to Management: Since there is no room for negotiations in your salaries, might I suggest that you include the salary information in your job posting. It would save your people and those looking for employment time and effort.

Transportation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Watco Companies (Springdale, AR) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process was typical for a start up company. Typical questions, job history, likes, dislikes, book of businesses, etc. expectations. What I wanted and expected from the company. They gave me the whole "this is would be a great opportunity for you to help us grow" etc etc etc

Interview Questions

• about my book of business and how much experience I had   1 Answer

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Watco Companies (Bellingham, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

Very Short, asked me about my experience. Asked several questions about customer service, and dealing with people. Interviewed me for a position above what I applied for, They were scrapping the barrel for people in management and supervisory positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about customer service.   1 Answer

Unloader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ferndale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Watco Companies (Ferndale, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was at a local hotel conference room. One member from upper management and one member from Human Resources. They asked standard interview questions about background (employment and personal), goals (professional and personal), and hobbies. The interview was actually nice and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself and your employment history. Why do you want to work for Watco? Are you able to work in a physically demanding environment outside in all types of weather? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Have you ever worked in a refinery environment before? Do you forsee any reason you may not be able to get a TWIC card? Do you have any objections to being on call? Are you able to have your phone on you at all times while on call?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase.

Benefits Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Watco Companies (Pittsburg, KS) in March 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the entire senior leadership of HR, as well as each individual HR director. I also flew in to meet the team prior to my offer of the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe my experience with a broker/client relationship   1 Answer

Negotiation

very simple and straight forward. I could review the offer letter and ask to make changes if needed.

Track Inspector/Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Watco Companies (Hoover, AL).

Interview

they asked a bunch of questions like how could you help them grow as a company? why should we hire you?

Negotiation

everything was set and there was no negotiating

Regional Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Watco Companies (Pittsburg, KS).

Interview

Process is well thought out, get to meet lots of upper mgmt, good travel arrangements if they need to fly you in. They use behavioral interviewing techniques and panel interviews, if you can break thru and get them to be personal you will get a good picture of their management style.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to counsel a senior manager, how did you handle it ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no room for negotiation