Webaction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Webaction Interview Questions

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Webaction

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Webaction in December 2014.

Interview

Started with a non-technical phone screen with the team lead. He wasn't very talkative at first, and asked me to describe a recent project I had been working on that was available on my github. After I described my technical and design decisions in detail, he seemed far more engaged. After that it was a comfortable conversation with both of us asking questions. He asked me about my interest and experience in testing and suggested some different testing tools I could try. The call went well, but in the end, I wasn't interested in the position and let him know that, while thanking him for his time.

Interview Questions

• There were several testing resources that I was unfamiliar with, and that I was asked about.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Webaction (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

1 Telephonic Interview with the Hiring Manager - Resume Overview
    2. Onsite interview
          - 1 hr extensive technical coding / white board Interview, Drilling down the design and Implementation of the project - You will love it
            30 mins with CTO - pretty Cool
            30 mins with QA / Release Director - Bit extensive
            1 hr with EVP product - more of QA about Product and what your goal in life are

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Webaction (Chennai (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

It contains several rounds of online technical interview questions, where the candidates have to answer them online. If they're satisfied with the answers, they'll ask about UG /PG project and other details or they would ask the candidates for more satisfying answers. Following which there would be an informal telephonic interview which will be followed by 1 or 2 rounds of intensive technical interview which would last for more than 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• I have a database table like this, what is the best way to sort this table. I wanted to sort this using B-Tree by the last name. Please write a basic C++ code.

id age last_name hometown
      104 6 Johnson San Francisco, CA
      ... ... ... ..
      10000 41 Fetterman Mountain View, CA
      10001 25 Breyer Redwood City, CA   Answer Question
    • You're encoding a structured data using protocol buffer, but you need to update to include some other field, for example intern for a student or change it to professor or some other structure how can you do that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since this is an internship, stipend is already fixed. But its a very good stipend almost equivalent to what many indian MNCs pay as salary.