Wedgewood Weddings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Wedgewood Weddings

2.6

Catering Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wedgewood Weddings (Riverside, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process went by quickly (around 15 min.) and asked very typical questions relative to the job and your experience. Felt somewhat informal and not too difficult. There is a second interview process if you pass the first interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the stress that comes with this job?   Answer Question

Captain Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wedgewood Weddings.

Interview

The hiring manager contacted me through their job site to set up a phone interview. On the day of the interview, she was a no call and made no contact until nearly 4 hours after our scheduled time to inform me the power had gone out and they were in the middle of the wedding, so she had no time or ability to contact me. She then asked to rescheduled for the same time tomorrow and I agreed. The next day, I again waited for her call and the manager waited until the time of our call to send me a message letting me know they had moved on with another candidate and weren't interested in interviewing me at this time.
    It was completely unprofessional and rude which told me all I needed to know about what the experience of working for this company would be. Poor time management and poor communication skills from leadership.

Banquet Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wedgewood Weddings (Fresno, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy going and fun to talk with. They seemed to know what they were looking for. Went in & talked with the hiring manager & was very informed on the job.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fallbrook, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wedgewood Weddings (Fallbrook, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Asked a lot of questions about how I thought I would be a good fit. Said very little about the company or the job. I was told they had a debit card system for Payroll which was not true. They asked if I was okay getting my schedule the night before I had to work. Be ready for some uncomfortable questions.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I would work an upcoming Golf Tournament for free   1 Answer
    • They asked if I would be comfortable replacing someone   1 Answer
    • They wanted to know how old my children were?   1 Answer

Catering Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampstead, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wedgewood Weddings (Hampstead, NH) in October 2018.

Interview

There were a total of 3 interviews. A phone screen, an in person with the GM, and a call with the Regional Director. They also have you take a call with another Event Manager at the location to discuss their typical day and experiences. If you pass all of the interviews you take a Wonderlic test on general questions, your Excel and Microsoft Office knowledge.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wedgewood Weddings (Brentwood, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview was fine, many different interviews given over period of time. Standard interview questions related to company need. I found each manager I interviewed with professional and enthusiastic about the company. The company has a great concept to assist those getting married in making a one stop shop and interchangeable packages for ease of planning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth

Coordinator/Catering Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wedgewood Weddings (San Ramon, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I had a 20 minute impromptu phone interview with the General Manager after submitting my resume online. I interviewed in person with 2 General Managers in the area for about 1 hour. I then shadowed the person that I was interviewing to replace because they had given their 2 weeks notice.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to be in the industry? They wanted to make sure I understood the need to work weekends and long hours.   1 Answer