Weil-McLain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Weil-McLain

2.7

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Weil-McLain (Burr Ridge, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

It was very enjoyable .The process was 2 hour long with 3 different interview's. But it was not at all stressful. They took 1 week to give out the results.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weil-McLain (Burr Ridge, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

The two marketing people appeared very rushed, unprepared and annoyed - lacked professionalism and courtesy. I spent time preparing and going to the interview and expected a response one way or the other. Never heard back via email, call or through the recruiter. Treat people with respect and act professional.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Weil-McLain (Burr Ridge, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Corporate recruiter and Regional Sales Manager in New Jersey seemed like good people. Sales Management and Human Resources at HQ were ignorant, obnoxious megalomaniacs. Although i spent two days traveling and interviewing for the job, they didn't feel I was due the common decency of a return call....or even an email. Furthermore, they refused to respond to my attempts to get reimbursed for the travel expenses associated with the interview (airport parking, miscellaneous hotel expenses, dinner at hotel). Still haven't paid me back after 3.5 months. Although they keep telling their assistant "the check is in the mail."
    Really classy - steal from unemployed job seekers.
    Horrible people. Shameful behavior. Real scum. Should report to the Better Business Bureau and the Illinois Attorney General.

Interview Questions

• What's it feel like to steal from unemployed job seekers?   2 Answers

Continuous Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Weil-McLain (Gary, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

Multiple interviews with a variety of team members. They did leave me sitting alone several times. folks seemed really rushed. Most interviewers read from a script. There was a definite disconnect about what they were interviewing for and what role they were really wanting.

Finance and Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Weil-McLain (Burr Ridge, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed while away at school for the intern role. Had an initial phone interview with my hiring managers, just your basic interview questions asking about my resume. This then set up multiple interviews with the CFO, my hiring manager, HR, and my potential mentor. Nothing to strenuous about the interview process, just some basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Rate your proficiency in excel, specifically with pivot tables and Vlookup.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your previous work experiences.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Weil-McLain (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviews went fairly well. I interviewed with the HR manager (screen) and then with the interim VP and one of the product managers.
    The issue I had is that I attempted several times to follow up to see where I was in the process. Nobody gave me the courtesy of a call (after I left a voice mail message) or even a simple E-mail response.

Interview Questions

• Good questions overall. Asked me about my experience, about what I'm looking for in a career, and what I like to do outside of work.   1 Answer

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Michigan City, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Weil-McLain (Michigan City, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

It was alright, they look for experience with the ASME, ASHRAE, CSA Z21.13 Standards. One individual John Hampel got super technically with his questions like I was some 10 year veteran in the industry. They didn't deem me fit after that. But the lab super visor was on vacation at the time. Came back and called me and had me come back in. They offered me a temp position for 3 months. I took it since it was a good job to me at the time. After the 3 months HR fought with the lab supervisor on hiring me so he made me a intern for another 3 months and finally was able to get me hired in. He wanted me for my good work ethic since a lot of his techs are lazy and rather sit on their lab tops than work.

Interview Questions

• Asked me the different types of PVCs   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Weil-McLain.

Interview

I was led around the facility and shown each of the major areas of where i would be working, I was interviewed by the lab supervisor and a couple engineers. It was a very welcoming and calming experience. i didn't feel uncomfortable at all. It was very easy to talk to people

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in this company   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Weil-McLain in January 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with corporate recruiter
    Phone Interview with Human Resource
    Phone Interview with Regional Sales Manager
    Face to Face Interview with Regional Sales Manager

I was told that I was being scheduled to attend final interview step with corporate and was never scheduled or contacted. After numerous attempts, I was told by the recruiter that they did not know why I was never scheduled for a final interview. This was after I was told by that same individual that they were in fact working on that process.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weil-McLain (Eden, NC).

Interview

Only one day of interviewing. Two 1 hour interviews with 2 people each interview session.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever made a mistake? How did you handle it?

Describe a decision you made that was unpopular and how you handled implementing it.   Answer Question