Wescom Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wescom Credit Union

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wescom Credit Union (Pasadena, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied for a role on their company website. About a month later someone from their HR dept called me up about my application. To be honest with you, by then I had no idea what role I had applied for. Time moves very slowly at Wescom, do remember this.

The HR person told me that they had been tasked to fill this role, as it was a position that they needed to fill ASAP. Spoke to said person and was asked in for a face to face interview.

Came in and spoke to the hiring manager and a marketing person. From what I gathered, tech here is ancient (and I mean ancient). Look back to 1985 and you'll see the type of tech they use here.

The questions I was asked at my interview didn't really make much sense. Essentially they are looking for a messiah that will come in and sort things out. They have a development team out of state, but they're really not doing much good in terms of new tech. Still stuck in the 80's producing outdated code that didn't help them at all.

About a week later I received a message on my phone telling me I was on the top of their list, but they still wanted to interview more people. Don't know about you, if I find the right candidate for a role I was looking to fill, I would hire them ASAP. Not waste my time interviewing more people, hoping someone better would come along.

Roll on a few weeks and I never heard back from these folks and moved onto another job offer. These guys really do live in another time warp. Don't waste your time here.

I didn't decline. Just never heard back.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wescom Credit Union.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview that led to a on site interview with the branch manager. It wasn't difficult, the interview questions were straight forward. Tell me about yourself, what do you know about the company? A few days a later I received a response from human resources with an offer.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wescom Credit Union (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Pretty Basic, Started off with a phone screen followed by one on one interview, then finally the month long wait before I even got an offer. Pretty Long wait to keep a candidate waiting especially if they have rent and bills.

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wescom Credit Union (Sherman Oaks, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was quite a simple process, first you apply online then the HR rep calls you for a phone interview, then if they like you they invite you to interview at their main branch in pasadena. the HR rep or recruiter interviews you, you then get a call back from the branch manager to interview with them if they like you they will then offer you the position and that's pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want to work for Wescom and what makes you different from the other candidates applying?   Answer Question

Branch Employee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wescom Credit Union.

Interview

2 interviews, went over resume, asked if i knew difference between bank and credit union, why i wanted to work for a credit union, questions about previous job experience and asked to "sell" a pen

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Wescom Credit Union in August 2010.

Interview

it helps if someone referred you

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer
    • what are two criticisms from your last employer   Answer Question