West Virginia University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.4

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV).

Interview

I was a master's graduate from WVU applying for PhD program. I had interviews with 3 professors. Most of them were interested to know my research background and explained what their groups are working on.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for PhD?
      Why are you interested to join my group?
      Are you familiar with the work done in the group?   Answer Question

May 23, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for letting us know about your experience!

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at West Virginia University.

Interview

The interview was easy, the hiring process took 2 weeks. Asked some basic statistics questions and about my research and teaching exp. But there required some one with industry experience.

Interview Questions

West Virginia University Response

Apr 6, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for providing feedback about your experience with us. We appreciate your time!

Interview

Very indepth process for a part time low paying job. Interviews were pre-written questions asked to every graduate student worker who had a interview. Panel interview where if you did not expect it would have been intimidating. Everyone was nice but were not comforatable in the interview. You culd tell human resources played no role in training hiring manager on interview techniques

Interview Questions

• Most behavioral interview questions =. Tell me about a time when....   Answer Question

Mar 20, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for letting us know how your interview went! We appreciate your feedback.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West Virginia University in December 2016.

Interview

HR was clueless about the job itself and transferring from a student role to a staff role. My immediate supervisor could have answered the questions, but we weren't allowed to talk until the hiring process was completed.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with [certain] biology techniques?   Answer Question

Jul 5, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. We appreciate your feedback!

Student Tech Interview

Interview

It was fun and very easy. The whole process took about 20min where they asked me questions about myself. From where I was from to what I could bring to the table and all the things that are in between.

Interview Questions

Interview

Had a phone interview first. After which they invited for the campus interview. All the arrangements were taken care of the HR of the department. The campus interview spanned for two days. I had a dinner with the the Department faculties the first night. It was a casual interview. The next day there were two presentations before various groups: research presentation and teaching presentation. Throughout the day I met various people in the department as well as the college.

Interview Questions

• What would your students say about your teaching style?   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in May 2016.

Interview

You provide a list of what courses you have taken, and what classes you would feel comfortable teaching. They give you a fair amount of leeway if you have attended WVU for your undergraduate studies. For certain classes, the teacher's pick which students they want teaching the associated labs. If there is a lab that you really want to teach, it may be worth approaching the associated teacher directly before-hand.

Interview Questions

West Virginia University Response

May 15, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad to hear it's been a positive one.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a combination of group and two private interviews. The group interview showed that you were able to work together with others effectively instead of overshadowing others while ranking safety concerns. Then there were two private interview conducted by a panel of 5 people. 4 of the five people were student resident assistants, and 1 was the resident hall coordinator of a resident hall. Beyond this process, I was also called to two follow up interviews conducted by the Resident Hall Coordinator of the hall I was being considered for.

Interview Questions

• They asked situational questions to see how you would respond to a problem. They also asked questions such as "Why do you think you stand out among all of the other applicants?"   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in February 2016.

Interview

Very informal. Random interview questions. It was very laxed to the point that was wondering if it was a casual conversation. Or a real interview. This most certainly due to WVU not giving sufficient training to their employees. They are about twenty years behind any normal enterprise.

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in February 2016.

Interview

Short and to the point. The guy in HR setting everything up was very nice, but very forgetful. Said he would call me back in 5 minutes with an answer and forgot completely.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weak point.   1 Answer

May 1, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We're sorry to hear that you had issues with your recruiter. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to call us at 304.293.5700. We appreciate your feedback!