Western Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2017

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Financial Group.

Interview

Very strange interview and hiring process. It took forever for them to make a decision and get back to me. However, the people that were in charge were very nice, but I hope they are more clear in their expectations of people. In conclusion, I believe they just need to fine tune their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What are some of selling strategies with selling financial products.   1 Answer

Insurance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Took almost 3 months from time of application to hire date. Telephone interview, then panel interview, then online questionnaire for integrity, then verbal offer pending approval of in depth background check, then offer with lengthy contract, then entering salary negotiations, agreement and signing of contract, then submission of criminal record check.....for an entry level position.

Commercial Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Horrible overall experience. They called for a phone interview which went well. then sent an Omnia survey to complete which also went well. Then heard nothing back from them for afterwards. I didn't even receive a formal interview, even though I had a referral and was recommended for an interview by the HR rep. I contacted them for a follow up twice after the phone interview and was advised that the position was cancelled.

Interview Questions

• main questions were: what do you do at your current job, what skills would you bring in a position here, etc   Answer Question

Damage Insurance Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laval, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (Laval, QC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Its was kind of complicated because we had 2 phone interview and 2 face to face interview and a test of personality on the computer, i had to do one of them in english and its not my main language, but overall it was a positive expérience

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Was promised a phone interview to get a email stating they wouldn't be continuing through the interview process. I was very let down as I heard many good things about this company.

Insurance Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edson, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (Edson, AB (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

After a credit and criminal records check I had a telephone and in person interview. I felt good speaking with the manager but afterwards I found she was very vague in some of her statements on purpose.

Interview Questions

• How many clients can you help a day? Are you licensed? When can you start? How have you dealt with difficult clients in the past? How would you respond d if you didn't know the answer to a question a client asks? Describe a time when you had a conflict with a fellow employee ( apparently the staff at this office are hard to work with, but I wasn't told that in the interview)?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Western Financial Group.

Interview

Interview with one of the Executive Committee Members. The interview process was excellent, very open and honest discussions on few topics relevant to my area of expertise. Human Resource played a limited role, however the discussions with hiring manager was wonderful.

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do to ensure that colleagues in other teams accept you for your critics   1 Answer

Entry Level Position Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Western Financial Group.

Interview

Everything seemed normal from an interview perspective but I got the feeling that there was an inherent negative bias to me. Not sure why? They seem to go though the motions, nothing else. The manager seems to have many biases.

Interview Questions

• They kept asking about experience even though this was advertised as an entry level position. The hit ngcmanager seemed really biased against me. It was as though they felt they were going thru the vti ones though they. Didn't want to.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lethbridge, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (Lethbridge, AB (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Standard Interview Process - there was a sitting down with the manager who reviewed my resume and asked me some questions regarding background, experience etc.
    After the interview, there was a follow up phone call and offer of employment.
    I met once more and provided a background check.

Director, Learning & Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High River, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (High River, AB (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

From the first contact with the recruiter through 4 rounds of interviews I was impressed with both process and people. The people up to and including the CEO were candid, helpful and forthright.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to speak about a significant mistake I made, and what I learned from it. Despite the vulnerability that could be attached to this I was very comfortable that I was being asked about how I deal with set backs, and was not being tricked into disclosing a weakness. A very honest conversation.   Answer Question

I had a competing offer that didn't require a relocation.